Zuffa Purchases Strikeforce???

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by DemiGod, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

test
  2. Sloss Littlez

Sloss Littlez KING SLOSS THE BOSS NIGGA

htt p://sports.espn.go.co m/extra/mma/news/story?id=6209923

another link

Dana says Strikeforce will remain the same, but that UFC fighters that don't cut it can get sent to Strikeforce. The thing is, like WEC, it'd only be so long before Strikeforce merges.

Interesting. I like it.

Because Zuffa is creating a monopoly(wouldn't be surprised if they get Bellator as well tbh), do you think a union would have to suffice? Or else antitrust lawsuits could be filed, am I correct?

Interesting.
    test
  3. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

my first thought was.. overeem vs cain? jacare vs silva? diaz vs gsp?
    test
  4. jayoo

also makes me wonder..

elbows to the face now allowed on the ground?

will paul daley be resigned after his contract expires? lmao
    test
  5. jayoo

ok spoke to soon, just got more through the interview he said "no superfights at all".. said coker has the right to sign whoever, meaning daley, barnett, etc but dont expect dana to ever sign them to the ufc banner. and when other fighters contracts expire in strikeforce dana can go after them but coker can negotiate for them to stay in strikeforce too aka same as usual lmao..

thats lame, no point in even announcing this news then..

and now paul daley is trying to ruin his chance at fighting in any notable organization which is the dumbest shit ive ever seen lmao.. talkin bout he doesnt want to put money in dana white or zuffas pockets and he might just back out of the diaz fight and fight for BAMMA in the UK instead
    test
  6. mellance

mellance New Member

SFs contract lapses with Showtime next year, with ZUFFA now owning SF i see very little reason for them to keep things as is when that contract expires.

Things are staying "put" atm to honor contracts in place, when that is over expect to see PRIDE and WEC happening to SF aswell.

There is _NO_ reason what so ever for ZUFFA to purchase them if they are just gonna push both brands equally.
    test
  7. Rubbing Macahol

Rubbing Macahol New Member

mixed feelings about this.

obviously i always want all my favorite fighters under the same roof, but I always like having a strong second show.

no more.

fedor...stolen.hahaha
    test
  8. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

He's finger fucking the industry
    test
  9. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Strikeforce will either be "dissolved" or entirely turned into a minor/feeder league(ie like Strikeforce Challengers is now) as soon as the Showtime contract is up.

Bank on it...
    test
  10. Knowledge

Knowledge 12 lbs with dick insert.

The way I understand it at this point is,

It will be ran the same as it always was & more than likely dana will snatch people up off Strikeforce that he wants as their contracts expire eventually killing off Strikeforce completely.
    test
  11. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

I honestly can't see it working as two independent operations under the same owners...

Once the showtime contract ends SF is done..

The fertittas need to keep Coker under their umbrella though..He hasn't burnt the same bridges that Dana has and I think he could be a key component in keeping MMA contracted with a premium cable channel.
    test
  12. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

I still think we're all confused and antsy or even nervous about how this will turn out..

I want to see the superfights as badly as anyone, so hopefully in the end we have our one major product coming out of one organization..
    test
  13. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

My Cross-promotion fantasy Favs:

Overeem vs Cain
    Shogun/Jones vs Henderson
    Jacare vs Silva
    GSP vs Diaz
    Melendez vs Edgar & Maynard
    test
  14. Rubbing Macahol

Rubbing Macahol New Member

Well, now we get to see a couple shields highlights to promote the gsp fight besides him having a tough go against kampmann.

I don't think Zuffa has long term plans of keeping Strikeforce alive. They gave it a go with WEC, and put on quality shows, but people like name recognition. Strikeforce has been doing okay as far as numbers go, but nothing to cream your pants over.

I think basically they just got the jump on a lot of fighters they want to have, and it wouldn't shock me to see UFC change their minds about having stuff on Showtime after this is over. Basically, yeah, cornering the market. Subtle way, not necessarily terrible but who knows what will happen.

The bad thing I see happening is too much UFC. Not for me or other mma diehards, but for casual fans. They're basically talking more events as they expand, but unless that means more free shows I don't see it working out for the best.
    test
  15. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

That's where I hope Coker is figured into the plans...securing that Showtime/CBS contract past 2014 would be huge for the fans of MMA...

Fights like UFC 127 Fitch vs Penn which are doomed for sub-par PPV sells should be put on showtime...

The large draws should be saved for PPV...the fact that every damned UFC card is PPV has a lot of fans finding streams or downloading the event the following day like I do..I usually only order great cards the night of..
    test
  16. jayoo

the problem right now is showtimes deal is with strikeforce not ufc, they wont be putting any ufc shows on showtime or strikeforce on ppv at least until renegotiations go down.. but i like that idea, thats honestly a great approach..

dana doesnt have a good relationship with showtime hes openly bashed them, but he said thats fine and that lorenzo will deal with them
    test
  17. Mista FREEZE 2001

Mista FREEZE 2001 Member

First off I want 2 say FUCK DANA WHITE... He is TRULY A BYTCH AND WILL BE THE REASON MMA goes under...

He is going 2 swallow STRIKEFORCE and we all know it and that is a SHAME...

I HATE MONOPOLIES... It makes for BAD PRODUCTS.... That is how we are getting fed a steady diet of "HOT ACTION PACKED DRAWS" like PENN VS FITCH...

White is doing MAJOR OVER SATURATION of the product and lot of times the product he is presenting is NOT GOOD....

He is delivering SUB-PAR PPV and corny FIGHT NIGHTS... PPL will lose interest soon.. I HATE THE FACT THAT HE PUSHES HIMSELF MORE THAN HIS FIGHTERS... I hate that h is unprofessional and a BIASED DICK HEAD...

Him buying STRIKE FORCE IS A TRAVESTY
    test
  18. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

test
  19. jayoo

lmao ya'll are crazy.. when this gets bigger an bigger and we start to see superfights nobody is going to complain.. im sure if the fighters choose to they could start a union, but like dana said do the top paid guys want to shovel some down? i think we'll see something happen in the next so many years

as far as another promotion i did like having strikeforce and at least until 2014 we still get that so everyone is complaining when were 3yrs away from any real changes.. dana might scoop some strikeforce fighters when contracts end but whens that new? he did that with shields before they bought strikeforce.. it really is business as usual for now.
    test
  20. shabadoo

shabadoo New Member

UFC soon to be the only show in town. All the worlds best fighters in one organisation. Every PPV should be stacked. Good times.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.