Yup, another VINCE YOUNG IS GOD thread

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by chickenwang, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr madness

mr madness Silly Bitch Say Whaaaaaat

yeah, I 4got about Drew, but I still got him behind Colston, Bush, and Young. Yeah the ankle fucked him up but I still think he ahead of the race, if not him then it's Bush
    test
  2. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Colston isn't in the race due to the bitch factor annnd because his replacement is just as good as he is. (who woulda thought?)

Bush shouldn't be in the race. Period.

Addai should be ahead of Bush and Jones-Drew right in there with him. Young's playing the hardest position and has little help from receivers. And he's winning games as the team leader.... he should be heads and shoulders above the rest if he continues to play the way he is now.
    test
  3. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

I forgot about Addai.

Which replacement for Colston is just as good as he is? Henderson and his 4 catches over the last 2 games? Copper and his 18 catches on the year? You'll go to all lengths to discredit Colston and up Young, won't you? lol

Anyway, Bush needs just 21 catches in the last 3 games for 100 on the season which only 3 RB's (Craig, LT, Centers) I believe have ever done. He has a chance for 1500 all-purpose yards and 10 scores.

He's in the race, like it or not.
    test
  4. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

i nearly threw my cat against the wall when drew dropped that 50 yard bomb in the 2nd play of the game. ...granted, it was kinda under thrown.
    test
  5. chickenwang

LOL ok this is required viewing for everyone right here

it's a hilarious video that takes bits and pieces of merril hodge ripping vince, like he says vince wont be able to run..then they show a clip of vince running for a 19 yard td vs the colts lol. great shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDahCWm0oVg
    test
  6. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Hester should be in the race as well. Too bad there's no special teams ROY - 5 return TD's! What?!
    test
  7. Flow Da HoloGraff

Flow Da HoloGraff Fuck Up!

test
  8. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Who's the god motherfuckers.
    test
  9. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

Justin Miller.
    test
  10. Ethan Albright

I didn't see the Hester returns tonight, but he's only had 2 impressive returns in the nfl so far.

Most his returns are 1-2 cuts and blocking + his speed does the rest.

Recluse did you just give me reception numbers for the "most elusive running back since...."??...... seriously....

He's a halfback. Supposedly atleast....and last time I checked, a halfback is supposed to run the ball. Unless they can't....which is the case here...so he has to catch the ball and play receiver.

he's the most hyped guy coming out of college in years...and what has he done?.... not much of anything at his position.

I think Addai is above Young. I think Jones-Drew is above Young in the race. Colston is a notch below....but all this is due to Young's slow start. If he finishes like he's been playing the last 6 weeks he'll win it.

Hester is not in the race. Daunte Hall shouldn't have been MVP when he had his good season returning either, and his returns were crazier than hesters are.
    test
  11. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

His vision is better than Hall's, that's why.
    test
  12. mr madness

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE. Yeah he is a halfback on the depth chart, but almost half the time he is lined up in the slot. Hype ain't got shit to do with it, it ain't the rookie who produced the most compared to the hype they got award, it's the fuckin offensive and defensive rookie of the year award, and the fact is Bush is leading the NFC in catches, more than TO, more than Smith, more than any other player in the NFC. So yeah that mufucka do deserve to be in the race, that mufucka should be the leader, saying his receptions don't matter is like saying Young's rushin don't matter,
    test
  13. Ethan Albright

yeah, because he catches shitloads of screen passes.....

if to's purpose was to simply catch screen passes 10 times a game, then he'd have as many receptions too.

Point is.... He's a runningback that sucks as a runningback, so the only way to utilize his skills is to pass him the ball short and hope he does something after the catch.

He's not a good wide receiver. (when compared to true receivers)

He's not a good runningback. (when compared to real running backs)

why should he be considered?
    test
  14. Iceodu921

because hes a diff type of player.

shit vince young isnt a good qb based on pure qb stats and what use to be looked for in a qb. But hes a great player.

Same for Reggie Bush.
    test
  15. mr madness

^^^^^^^^^^^^^tabernacle.

If you wanna go strictly by qb stats, vince is 31st in qb rating, but there ain't 30 qb's u would rather have on the field bcuz of the other shit he bring to the field, so u cant judge bush by the same shit, its other shit that he bring to the field.
    test
  16. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

anybody still care about vince getting a 6 on the wonderlic?
    test
  17. Iceodu921

only person who cared than was rippy.
    test
  18. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

test
  19. chickenwang

to vince's credit, he started off slow. he was a totally different players when he was first put into the lineup, and that chargers game where he was like 7/22 or something shouldn't count...UNFAIR! he's been completing 65% of his passes the last 3 weeks with 4 tds, 3 ints i think.
    test
  20. Ethan Albright

Oh right...

I'M the only one that cared. I suppose that's why it was such a huge deal at the time, right?

Because of me.... I'm the one that fed the media.

don't be a moron.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.