your vocal recording/mixing process

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Fame-S, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fame-S

Fame-S New Member

i remember i read in a thread not too long ago ppl arguing on the ways of recording vocals. like some ppl record 3 diff takes, pan one hard left, one hard right, and one centered. some ppl had diff methods. i'm startin to experiment wit diff ways so just wanted to see how other ppl record/mix.

i used to jus record the verse and record one track of voiceovers/adlibs and jus keep everything centered. for hooks i sometimes did 2 tracks but with one higher pitched tone and one lower, kept everything centered.

the other day i was experimenting and did the verse centered, one track higher pitched voiceovers/adlibs panned hard right, and one track of lower pitched voiceovers panned hard left. sounded ok to me.

how do u guys record ur shit?
    test
  2. Rex Skully

Rex Skully .......

One track for the verses + Adlibs / Doubles

for the Chorus I usually do 3 takes...pan one hard left and one hard right then lower their volumes.
    test
  3. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

All depends. I'll sometimes overdub a hook 5-6 times. Sometimes I'll double it twice then pan one 40% Right then the other 40% Left. No exact way to do it. Verse I only do one take. Overdub my multies and words I want to stand out, then adlibs.
    test
  4. Tha_XTC

Tha_XTC aka. MC B-Dee

Explain please. is there more effects i can add to my "speical" words?....
    test
  5. Loced-Out

Loced-Out LoCed-Out aKa L-O

yeah i would like to knows this as well. Also with monitors like the wharf's. when u pan something to the right or left. can you actually only hear it come out of one speaker wit monitors? cuz with computer speakers it come sout the same lol.
    test
  6. Fame-S

Fame-S New Member

^i can hear the difference in my computer speakers. same with my headphones.
    test
  7. Loced-Out

Loced-Out LoCed-Out aKa L-O

i can hear the difference with my headphones. not my computer speakers thoe..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.