Your Top BADASS Moments in Film.

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Odysseus, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

A few of my favs are from True Romance

When Clarence (Christian Slater) shoots Drexl The Pimp (Gary Oldman) in the face - "You thought it was pretty fuckin funny huh?! We'll FUCK YOU.. FUCK YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!! *BANG BANG*"

Virgil (James Gandolfini) beats the shit out of Alabama (Patricia Arquette) before she stabs him in the foot, blinds him, sets him on fire, blasts him in the chest with a shotgun, then beats his head in with it.

so many badass moments in that movie I could go on for days.
    test
  2. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

Kill Bill Volume 2:

Elle Driver: That's right. I killed your master. And now I'm gonna kill you, with your own sword, no less, which in the very immediate future, will become... my sword.

The Bride: Bitch... you don't have a future.
    test
  3. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Just about anything with Tex Cobb. His big hairy biker/prisoner/gay guy characters are great.
    test
  4. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

T2 - the motorcycle chase scene - specifically when Arnie does the jump off the top and lands it and sparks fly up.
    test
  5. *Iceman*

*Iceman* New Member

Tombstone- The whole movie......

1.Ringo shooting the preist after him and the cowboys killed a mexican police force, one of which was getting married at the time, he wife got shot too

2.Kurt Russell(Wyatt Earp) punking that shit out of Billy Bob Thorton(Johnny Tyler)

3.Any scene with Doc Holiday(Val Kilmer) my personal favorite is when hes playin cards in the first scene he is shown before he gets to tombstone. Taking his time playin cards while the other dude was spazzin'. Classic
    test
  6. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

Once Upon a Time in the West:

harmonica: did you bring a horse for me?

one of three gunmen: well, heh heh, looks like we're..... it looks like we're shhyyy one horse [other two gunmen laugh]

harmonica [holding a bag in his gunhand looking on with resolute badassness, shaking head slowly after 5 sec.]: you brought two too many

[gunmen's smiles slowly fade]
    [drawn-out moment of stillness]
    [the talking gunman attempts to draw his gun, but harmonica drops the bag quickly, whips out his pistol, and guns down the three gunmen (bDAT bDAT bDAT!) before the last one barely gets off his shot from a sawed-off winchester that catches harmonica in the shoulder]

[​IMG]

so fuckin' badass!

the thing that's so ill is the mythical texture leone gave it. the gunman clearly moves faster than harmonica, but harmonica's calm sure-handed draw and slightly slower-shooting owns em all. nuance is so delicious.
    test
  7. teq the decider

teq the decider sexual predator

test
  8. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

terminator 1?? i think i always get em confused where arnold is fuckin naked, walks into the bar and the dude puts a cig out on his chest.. and he just looks down on it, and proceeds to beat everyones ass

n when he's carrying the rosses in the box in the mall and pulls the shotgun out of it

when hes on the motorcycle and holds the bike with one arm and spins the shotgun around in a circle to reload with his other hand.. fuckin badass!

lol and i aint gon lie

When neo dodges his first bullet in the matrix.. the first of that type of shooting.. that was fuckin bad ass

when splinter jumps out of his cage in ninja turtles one n claws shredders face for killing his master hahahah.. bad ass

rush hour two when chris tucker is told to whipe himself off, hes bleeding
    and then he ends up killing the dude in the end.. and says

"whipe yourself off man.. you dead"

haha pretty badass even if it is tucker

good thread
    test
  9. Syza Koza

Syza Koza New Member

Yea, that's T2 i believe..
    test
  10. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

speaking of van damme, i randomly bought 'kickboxer' today...good idea?
    test
  11. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

difficult to recall.

but i did just watch 'the rundown' last night on fx...and when the rock ends up having to dispatch those college football players in the club, that was pretty badass.
    test
  12. Lee Van McQueen

Lee Van McQueen ♣aka. Steve Cleef

i would have definitely said "yes" years ago, but i don't know how i'd view it now

if i were you, i would have just waited to catch it on tv or something... maybe even in fullscreen

oh, i've been meaning to ask, when you saw "predator" on amc, bravo, or whatever, was it in widescreen?

off-topic as it isn't a moment, but gian maria volonte is one of the baddest fuckers to ever grace a screen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

only saw him in fistful of dollars and for a few dollars more, but he's a highly regarded actor in italian film history. dramatic skill is clearly evident in ffdm, so i'd like to see more of him in other genres.
    test
  13. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

predator was on cinemax and it was fullscreen.

i was at best buy just browsing, not intending to buy anything but the new john mayer, but it was just sitting there for 5.99 so i figured i'd take a chance. besides, if it were on tv it would probably be on usa and when movies play on tv they always cut it for time/content. i'd rather see the whole thing
    test
  14. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

how could you?

just say "no" to full-screen, unless it's one of teq's favorite van damme movies

i recall a couple weeks back you said serenity was coming on there... was it in full-screen and did you watch all of it?

riz should be pissed
    test
  15. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

hey, i'm right there with you, i don't buy fullscreen, i tell others not to, but if it's on tv, i can't call up cinemax and tell them to give me a personal widescreen presentation. this is why i love tcm, all movies in o.a.r.
    test
  16. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

that's why you say "fuck cinemax!", don't watch what they show, don't pay for the channel (if you're paying), and wait to see the film elsewhere in its intended form

the bastardization of art has got to stop altogether
    test
  17. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

generally i don't watch cinemax as it is usually a line-up of catwoman, the island, and meet the fockers on an endless loop, but if i didn't have it i would've missed out on classics like 'the ox-bow incident' and 'body heat'. most films are not readily available [if at all] in their true "intended form" [on film in a theater] seriously, how far do you take this? do you want to eliminate home video altogether for movies shot on film as it's intended form is to be exhibited on film in theaters. if you're not against video, would you say it's preferable to watch a movie in widescreen on an ipod or psp than in fullscreen on tv? can you imagine what it would be like if you could only see movies in theaters? how many of your favorite films would you be missing out on?

for me, it's like seeing the michaelangelo's david or the mona lisa in a textbook as opposed to going to florence or to the louvre to see it. i'd rather have seen it in a book to at least know it exists and have some appreciation for it, even in an abridged/truncated form, and in hopes of seeing the real thing one day, rather than not experience it at all.
    test
  18. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

whoa whoa whoa, you're going too far

"intended form" really set you off

guess i should have said "original aspect ratio"

i'm against films being screened in different ratios with some of the director's vision being cut off. i believe the pictures on screen should be shown how the director wanted them to be.

what do i prefer between a widescreen film on an ipod and fullscreen film on tv? neither. ipod "movies-on-the-go" are only going to spawn more mtv music video type films, and fullscreen is blasphemy period.

seeing the ox-bow incident on cinemax is fine since it was filmed in that ratio anyway. body heat, i personally wouldn't have watched. i would have waited to rent it on dvd or something.

i don't see how you can compare waiting to see a film in widescreen on a dvd that's readily available to waiting to see firsthand a michaelangelo work in an overseas museum... then again, this is probably due to the "intended form" throwing you off.

i didn't mean to offend you in any way... i'm just really really really anti-fullscreen

it pisses me off

i get dry heaves thinking of the good, the bad, and the ugly and once upon a time in the west being shown in 1.33:1
    test
  19. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

i understand though that there are some people who own small tv sets that make widescreen viewing less desirable, so i do see the market for full-screen films... but i wish more people were educated on how a film needs to be watched and that the market for full-screen would shrink
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.