your top 5 and one album of each

Discussion in 'Reggae Bashment' started by devastator, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devastator

devastator Whut?¿!

always looking to expand my musical horizon so post up(preferably reggae) top 5 artists(or top 10/7/120 if u want) with an album so its easy to check them out

luciano - he got a handful of good album and much material, but im going with Jah words.(even tho i must admit i have no clear favourite album from luciano, just very many songs). Luciano - Getting ready -> Hulkshare.com 07-luciano-getting_ready.mp3

ras shiloh - babylon you doom, maybe one of my top 10 album. Album covers love, freedom and more 'political' type of songs

Beres hammond - dont know where to start, but im picking an collection album called Jet star reggae max. Dont know where i read it, but Bob marley called Beres the man with the golden voice.

Garnett Silk - so nice, im also going with an collection album also called jet star reggae max, hehe, it got many of my favourite song compilled up. A good place to start atleast! "cherry promised not to break her vows, yeees she promised!!! "

Jah cure - i cant really pick one album, i have to pick two. The albums are Free jah cure and Ghetto life. I think jah cure is probably overlooked by many, but he is deff worth to check out

No order, and i should have probably made a top 10 list, but cant gotta goooo
    test
  2. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

I'll do this in a bit - great idea for a thread - I see you like the more conscious style reggae. love your picks. Jah Cure is amazing, his voice greatness.

you like I Wayne?
    [youtube]H4TUkF6Kwyw[/youtube]

Capleton?
    test
  3. devastator

devastator Whut?¿!

tbh i had never heard of I wayne before, but cool song im going to check him out. Yes i like capleton, tho sometimes it can get difficult to understand the jamaican accent :D
    test
  4. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

I'll name albums later, some of them have too many to name one off top init

Sizzla
    Capleton
    Jah Mason
    Bob Marley
    Junior Kelly

Top 10's better lol

PEACE
    test
  5. devastator

devastator Whut?¿!

knock yourself out, do a top 10. the more the better
    test
  6. L u c y

I actually have a top ONE HUNDRED - yes one hundred!!!! lolz- artists list planned when I get the time and a lil corner on RM to work it out in. like a history to present day type deal.
    I just dont know how to get people posting tbh.
    the threads made all of them get decent hits, so meh.
    sorry I've not been around, the time I've had to spend on RM I've had some other stuff to do.
    test
  7. L u c y

one album that HAS to go in any top 10 list is Hugh Mundell "Africa Must Be Free by the 1983" ... written and made when he was 14/15, its a work of concious reggae art. just amazing, his voice, the lyrics.. I have my pops old album copy.

the problem is that does that one album give him the right to a top 10 place? hmmmm I need to think bout dat.
    test
  8. devastator

devastator Whut?¿!

to me top/best/favourite lists are subjective. its just too difficult to make a greatest of all time unless you define some standards to judge/compare against. Music is too personal imo to compare with each other. So id say if you feel its top 10 then its top 10.
    test
  9. L u c y

yeah I 100% agree... my top 10 IS my top ten lol

I planned to use the top 100 as a guide really... a sort of 'history' of reggae, from its start up to present day. I saw an article on the subject and found it interesting. Plus I hoped it might actually bring some users to the forum.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.