Your top 20 emcee's of ALL TIME! (please participate)

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by MadVillain413, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .SOBE.

.SOBE. hell no

you don't have to diss the best to be a good battle MC wtf

look i just been skimmin through the thread so correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like you're saying eminem isn't a good battler because he hasn't dissed people at the top of the game..?

it's not neccesarily WHO you battle, it's the quality of your verses
    test
  2. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

top 20 emcees EVER?

umm in no order

camron, ol dirty bastard, 40 cal, jr writer, ti, eminem, snoop dogg, big l, 50 cent, lloyd banks, xzibit, lil kim, foxxy brown, saigon, trick daddy, juvenile, dmx, jay-z, kool g rap, and too $hort.
    test
  3. FactUnderground

FactUnderground Eff You

Kool G
    Big L
    Canibus
    Jedi Mind Tricks (Jus and Vinne)
    Three 6 Mafia (Together)
    Army of the Pharoahs
    Meth
    Deck
    Louis Logic
    Lil' Wayne
    Cormega
    Immortal Tech
    Apathy
    Binary Star
    Deltron 3030
    Jehst
    Ludacris
    R.A.
    Tonedeff
    Sean P
    test
  4. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

Ok. If you can answer this question I will fall back. Name another battle rapper/ill lyricist that is given the props you guys are given Em that never went up against anyone of note. Good luck with mission impossible.

Does that mean that Em sucks at battle rap....nope. Does that mean you guys are spoon fed MTV and need to wake up......yes. He is a top 20 MC of the last 8 years. So I am not dissin' playboy but I am also a realist. He ain't the greatest nor should he be mentioned in that breath..... thats real rap.
    test
  5. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

That Deltron 3030 shit is off the chain.
    test
  6. FactUnderground

FactUnderground Eff You

Del + Kid Kaolo + Dan + concept = crazy ass shit.
    test
  7. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

If you are going to post a reply you might want to read and not skim. As I said before I usually defend Em when peopl just hate on him. I like his old shit....new shit is garbage. That being said he has not earned this "greatest" rep which was built on his battle raps when he never faced anyone of note. Every battle rapper when people speak on the subject has battled someone of note. You know why.....its apart of hip hop. It is a challenge to see who the best is not to showcase your skills against weaker comp. FACT. I am not making this up. If you want to say he is a ill lyricist....one of the great ones....I won't argue....but that is only one phase of the game. Not the complete package. Battles are about competition.....end of story. Am I saying that he doesn't have the skills to compete with big names.....of course not. But get off his dick about how great he is if he never proved it when it mattered. For sports example see Peyton Manning.
    test
  8. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

Yo I liked your list but Meth and Luda stuck out from the rest. Not saying they don't belong just that they weren't on the same vibe as the others.
    test
  9. 2Xtreme

2Xtreme a.k.a. Mad Static 4:14

1. Jay-Z
    2. Eminem
    3. Nas
    4. Rakim
    5. Biggie
    6. 2Pac
    7. Common
    8. Slug
    9. Ghostface Killah
    10. Mos Def
    11. Andre 3000
    12. Chuck D
    13. Q-Tip
    14. KRS-One
    15. Busta Rhymes
    16. Snoop Dogg
    17. Method Man
    18. Big L
    19. Talib Kweli
    20. Redman
    test
  10. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

You completely missed the entire point of my post. Idiot.
    Talent is the amount of ability a person potentially has. So, in a sense, they are the same. Rakim was good for his time, but his stuff is completely dated, no modern hip-hop fan (someone that started listening post Jigga/Nas) would say that his lyrics, flow, and rhyme scheme are not dated. Get out of the golden age homie. And stop trying to sound pretentious, cuz you're an idiot and it just makes you sound like a bigger idiot...
    test
  11. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

1. I didn't miss your point, it just was a stupid one. Notice how you did not defend that so called point.'

2. Rakim was an example used. I will forget more about hip hop than you will ever know so one yourself. The people you just named have never listened to Rakim, so why would you even use that as an example. So in 6 years when those kids grew up on Young JOc and they will say Eminem is wack. Then there will be a dumb ass like yourself saying naw son Eminem is the shit. Quality is quality. If you think his material is outdated you must not be listening to it. It is more relevant than 70% of what is put out right now. Once again stop getting your hip hop from VH1 and MTV. Wake the fuck up. By the way no one says homie anymore. I know you are just getting to Boyz N Da Hood, so your hip hop vernacular is a little out dated.......................bitch!
    test
  12. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

My favorite rapper is Ghostface and favorite group is The Roots. I know that they aren't the best and I can point out their flaws. I can also listen to someone that doesn't care for them and understand where they are coming from. That is being objective. You lil homos slob Em nuts so much you call him PLanters. You make haters come for him because of the blinders that you have on. The haters sound dumb and you dick riders sound just as bad. Thats is why he can put out that last garbage cd....he knew all of you sheep would buy it no matter what effort he put into it.
    test
  13. .:Pain:.

Didn't defend it, cuz you didn't attack it, cuz you missed it.

I started seriously listening to hip-hop when I heard Vol. 2 by Jay-Z (I was like 12, I'm 18 now). I've listened to Paid In Full, and came to the conclusion that his music is dated. I give him his props as an innovator, he's just completely dated. I don't watch MTV, VH1, or BET for that matter. Slug was on my top 20, I form my own opinions. And no, in 6 years Em will not be dated. It's been around 6 years since his first album dropped I think, and he's still relevant. Reasonable Doubt is still relevant, Ready to Die is still relevant, Illmatic is still relevant, Paid in Full isn't. People say homie around me, don't hate a kid cuz of the area's slang...
    test
  14. THEDONN- closed

THEDONN- closed pac and biggie rule 4eva

u katz cannot be serious by not givin em his props, yall muthafuckaz really aint hiphop!!!!!!!and whoeva dont have 2pac on ya list are in that same boat named NOT HIPHOP!@!!!
    test
  15. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

Wow you had Slug on your list.....my bad let me take back everything I said. Up State NY....once again my bad. Once again Rakim was used as an example. I don't need to defend a living legend. Paid In Full is not the extent of Rakim's library....read up. Actually just listen to Slug. With the state of hip hop headed more towards SOuthern and West coast rap and less emphasis on lyrics Em will be irreavant. His subject matter is already limited as is and I don't see him doing more than one more cd, if that. Your dumb ass acts like I got Rakim in the car right now. I don't have Miles Davis in the whip either but I have studied music my entire life and in undergrad. That is why I can not dick ride the way some here do so often.
    test
  16. FactUnderground

FactUnderground Eff You

Word. I like a lot of shit. Luda led me in to music, just the time I started listening, the people who showed me shit, etc. and Meth- is a Wu fucking Legend.
    test
  17. Cornrow Wallace

Cornrow Wallace New Member

Biggie
    Ras Kass
    Gift Of Gab
    Talib Kweli
    Black Thought
    Busta Rhymes
    Lyrics Born
    Aesop Rock
    MF Doom
    Xzibit
    Big Pun
    Ghostface Killah
    Cam'ron
    Canibus
    Vast Aire
    Nas
    Rakim
    Posdnuos
    DJ Quik
    Mos Def
    test
  18. .:Pain:.

Like I said, I credit emcees like Rakim for basically creating modern hip-hop. I'm sure if he was born in this era, he would be at least as good as the best emcees in the game. However, he came around during the developmental stages, and helped it develop.
    I was talkin' about relevancy to real hip-hop/lyricism fans, not the people who won't like rap when it's not cool anymore. But word, what you said is true.
    Blah, your opinion. I think he's gotten better with every album (minus Se7en's Travels) and I don't see any falling off on his part.
    If he's on your top 20, he should be in your car right now, or at least readily accessible. I went through a picked the cd's I listen to the most, and listed the artists that created that cd. That's how I picked my top 20...
    test
  19. TheClutch

TheClutch A Plus

1. Rakim
    2. Ras Kass
    3. Kurupt
    4. Juice
    5. Planet Asia
    6. Common
    7. Crooked I
    8. Big L
    9. MURS
    10.Bishop Lamont
    11.Dilated Peoples
    12.Gang Starr
    13.Roscoe
    14.Black Star
    15.Canibus
    16.Nas
    17.Xzibit
    18.AZ
    19.Shock G
    20.Souls Of Mischief
    test
  20. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

It seems like you are a level headed guy stuck in a dumb ass's body. Why do I have to have Rakim in my car for him to be on my top 20 MCs list???? That make no sense. If the question was top 20 MCs in my car then I feel you. By the way Em's last two albums don't come close to Marshall Matters LP....not even close. AH ah ah ah ah ah ah ah go crazy. With lyrics like that I rest my case. Real rap I take back the dumb ass comment, you seem like you have good intent.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.