Your top 20 emcee's of ALL TIME! (please participate)

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by MadVillain413, Jul 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

Talent is the same as potential in my opinion. Listening to Infinite, then the Slim Shady LP, shows without a shadow of a doubt, he had the most potential/talent of any emcee ever. Whether or not he lived up to his potential is another story. But the talent/potential are there...And Rakim is overrated, just like 99% of other rappers from that era.
    test
  2. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

Eminem
    Nas
    Lloyd Banks
    Royce da 5'9"
    AZ
    Cormega
    Immortal Technique
    Dre
    Mobb Deep
    Ghostface Killah
    Method Man
    Raekwon
    Rakim
    Biggie
    2Pac
    DMX
    Fabolous
    Talib Kweli
    Obie Trice
    Big L
    Phife Dawg
    test
  3. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

people he battled:

everlast, canibus, icp, limp bizkit, ja rule, Jermane Dupri

Its not about who you battle. Its about HOW you battle and how good your lyrics are. Eminem has been a part of 3 classics.

Slim Shady LP= classic
    Marshal Mathers LP= classic
    Devils Night= classic.
    test
  4. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

Bullshit! It is not about who you battle????? Are you kidding me? You must be new to rap. If that was the case then Nas should have skipped Jigga and went after Iconz. He really would have blown up after that. Devils night and Slim shady were not classics........not even close.
    test
  5. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Actually you're wrong. By your logic, if two great lyricists, like lets say... GZA and Nas were to battle, it wouldn't matter how good the songs are, just the fact that they are battling makes the songs good. Thats using bias to form an opinion. The Nas/Jay-z battle is EXTREMELY overrated. the only REALLY good song that came out of that battle was ether. But they're both famous MCs, so I guess to you it was a good battle.

oh, and Devils Night and Slim Shady LP were classics.
    test
  6. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

Dumbest post ever. Your response was that Jigga won't battle you....should I go any further?
    test
  7. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

Dictionary.com.........use it. Talent does not mean potential. Secondly you need to get a clue. If Rakim is over rated then everyone is including Em. You are so lost in the sauce I just can't help you. I have falied you Young SkyWalker.
    test
  8. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

What is in the tap water in Gainseville??? Battle rap is at the heart of hip hop. Who you battle means everything. If you slay your mom on the mic no one cares. If you battle the sickest mc in town then you get props. Nas/Ja-Z battle was not over rated. Ether and Take over are better than any battle song with Em. You can't battle nobodies and call that great. That is just stupid. Why is Ali great??? Why is Jordan great????? Why was there always an asterisk next to Roy Jones....because he never beat anybody.
    test
  9. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Quitter and Nail in the Coffin> ether and Takeover
    test
  10. Mind_Control_D

Mind_Control_D Detroits_Own

who great can Eminem battle when all the greats that still have their face in Hip-Hop respect him. Jay-Z, Nas, Rakim, Dre, Method, Redman, Royce, Andre 3000, i mean i want u to name a great MC that does not respect Eminem as a rapper so i can stop listing names...
    test
  11. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

Do me a favor go battle with a third grader. I am sure you can come up with a lot of stuff that will make the battle seem one sided. Go do that and get back to me. Level of competition has nothing to do with it in your mind. That is strange because every historical battle involved someone of note. People mentin Cube and Common before they mention anything Em had done......I wonder why?
    test
  12. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

This would have to be based on the past because Em doesn't battle anymore. So your question is stupid. Secondly, he never once battled anyone of note. 50 who has half the talent came at everybody. Jada has battled top MCs, Beanie has, Cassidy has, Cube, L.L., Bone Thugz, Cyprus Hill, I could keep going. Stop getting your hip hop from MTV and open your ears.
    test
  13. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Its because most people's opinions on good rap battles are bias.
    test
  14. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

Ok, everyone else is on crack and you have a strong grasp on real hip hop. My bad.
    test
  15. all KillaH

all KillaH New Member

rakim
    kool g rap
    big pun
    big daddy kane
    nas
    jay-z
    scarface
    andre 3000
    big l
    dmx
    eminem
    redman
    method man
    biggie smalls
    2pac
    sticky fingaz
    busta rhymes
    blackthought
    pharoahe monch
    ludacris

in no particular order
    test
  16. Mind_Control_D

ya thats cuz they all had BEEF wit good MC's.....so u just want Em to go at a great just for the sake of it. Your an idiot. There is no reason too.

" i cant wait for someone to bring it at the calibur that Nas & Jay does,
    and to rattle my name off,
    or rattle the first thing on top of his brain off,
    so i can shake the fuckin dust off of this chainsaw" - Eminem ( not word for word, but thats pretty much what he said)
    test
  17. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

How old are you??? You sound like you just turned 12. You keep speaking in the present tense. The point is about the pat idiot. It would be stupid for him to battle now dumbass. Learn how to read before you post. N'Sync, Christina Aguillera, Britney Spears should I keep going with some of his targets. Strange that he didn't go after any top MCs. Get a clue and stop dick ridin Em. He is a very good MC no doubt but be objective for once. He built his rep as a battle rapper and battled NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    test
  18. wpal

wpal New Member

Not in order.

1. Nas
    2. Jay-z
    3. 2pac
    4. Rakim
    5. Slick Rick
    6. Common
    7. Big Pun
    8. Dead Prez
    9. Immortal Techique
    10. Papoose
    11. Busta Rhymes
    12. Talib Kweli
    13. Mos Def
    14. AZ
    15. Wu tang clan
    16. Bone thugs in Harmony
    17. The Roots
    18. Fort Minor
    19. The Fugees
    20. Tony Touch
    test
  19. Mind_Control_D

haha...12, Look Mr. Bauer...for the SAME REASON he didnt beef wit top ranks in the game in 1999 is the same today.

Now if u want me to explain to u why he went after N'Sync and not rappers like Jay-Z, Nas, and the select other few that are on his level is obvious....Because him and Jay-Z (and select few others) NEVER HAD BEEF, while people like Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears just annoyed him. Im sure if Nas annoyed Eminem he would go after Nas also, BUT THERE WAS NO REASON TOO. Now thats its im done re-explaining things to slow learners. Now what i think is even more interresting is why no one on Eminems level ever went after him???.....hmm PROBABLY cuz rappers on good-terms beef wit eachother, i really hope u understand this time.

and im 21 btw...
    test
  20. Husrongeez

Husrongeez New Member

That is a very convenient and bitch ass answer. So he was just cool with every top rapper?? Stop it. You sound foolish at best. Why would you pose the question the other way around when you just said he was cool with every top rapper(which is bullshit) When he was coming up he didn't know any of them. He didn't earn his stripes as a battle rapper. I give him all the props in the world for the Marsha Matters shit.....off the chain. As a battle rapper.....no dice.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.