Your top 10 Heavyweights (Boxing)

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by reznick, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reznick

reznick New Member

So who are your top 10 Heavyweights in the history of boxing? (In terms of being the best at the sport)

1. Muhammad Ali
    2. Jack Johnson
    3. Joe Louis
    4. Rocky Marciano
    5. George Foreman
    6. Sonny Liston
    7. Jack Dempsey
    8. Joe Frazier
    9. Floyd Patterson
    10. Jim Jeffries

Honorable mentions: Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson, Ezzard Charles, Larry Holmes, Lennox Lewis, Jersey Joe Walcott, Max Baer
    test
  2. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

Pretty dope list although I think a prime holmes could beat a lot of those guys in their primes...I would squeeze holmes in there...I think tyson would crush a lot of those cats aswell but I don't think he did enough as far as legacy goes..great list though man
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. reznick

reznick New Member

Thanks.

I think every believes Tyson is one of the best because his skills are usually showcased against not so great fighters. We never seen him beat a great fighter (Old Holmes doesnt count) in his prime, nor when he started fighting the big names. Not to mention he ducked a 45 year old Foreman (which was smart).

If there was a #11 it would have been Holmes, but I just don't see him beating any of those fighters in their prime.

The ten people in the list each possessed a unique distinction from every other fighter in the game.

edit: oh, post your 10 ten by the way!
    test
  4. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

1) Ali
    2) Louis
    3) Johnson
    4) Foreman
    5) Liston
    6) Frazier
    7) Patterson
    8) Marciano
    9) Holmes
    10) V. Klitschko
    test
  5. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I like Dempsey's story, but I don't think I'd give him a top ten nod for pretty much the same reasons you chose to overlook Tyson. One of my top ten favs, but I wouldn't place him amongst the 10 greatest.
    test
  6. MyKe SeaN

Styled make fights and holmes was very skilled...I think he would beat everybody on that list with the exception of foreman, ali and rocky....just because those cats are on that list doesn't mean boxers like holyfield, vitali and tyson don't have a shot at beating them...just off sheer size vitali would be a tough opponent for frazier and dempsey...tyson would whoop liston and probably joe louis...but doesn't mean he's greater though
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. MyKe SeaN

Vitali and lennox would be too much for jeffries
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.