Your Studio Rules?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by AllOrNothinEnt, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skrybe

Skrybe ConnectedthruaForeignExch

I have no studio, but the one I worked at in the past had pretty much the same rules, except there was no contract, and rather than 50% of the full payment we required a minimum of 2 hours booked, and those 2 hours paid before stepping foot into the booth.
    test
  2. SKWIRL

SKWIRL New Member

hey!!! what about me aon??? i can send a money order.... i need em too... we been talkin bout it, but it aint never got done... now is as good a time as any to make it shake
    gotta keep then sunzabitches in line... lol
    test
  3. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

The reason I charge 50% upfront, and 50% later, is because, what if that artist(s) have to leave for some unexpected reason, get "stage fright", or I have problems with the equipment?
    So I always try to keep a leway in there for any such incidents.
    test
  4. AllOrNothinEnt

I can't charge ya son, lol, get at me on aim, and Ill send it through.
    test
  5. State Reps

State Reps New Member

While my set up is not as good as yours...YET...I love ALL MY EQUIPMENT and am very ANAL about s touchin' my shit...here are my rules..posted on the door and by my desk

1. Dont bring anyone that was not scheduled to come(I.E.- no boy/girlfriends, homeboys/girls, cousins) (without making sure I'm cool w/ it...call 1st, dont be rude!)
    2. If this is a paid session, FULL Payment is due before you step in the door.
    3. I am not an engineer so dont expect me to master your material. I do have the # to a few economical, but professional engineers. I will put you on the phone w/ one of them if needed.
    4. No food or drinks near the workstation or booth
    5. No smoking, alcohol, or drugs...EVER!

AON- I tried the 50/50 payment thing before, but I've gotten into too much drama to keep doing that...I have a couple contracts/receipts I use because I have people comin' thru just to make beats or to record or to have me make them a custom beat. I love workin' w/ people on music, I just hate drama! When I get this new space....hopefully I can work in my shit full time....
    test
  6. AllOrNothinEnt

It's been a bt since I've had any problems, everyone around here knows I'm up and up, and I expect them to be.
    I aint worried about shit gettin outta hands.
    test
  7. Skrybe

Skrybe ConnectedthruaForeignExch

Yeah, the dude I used to work for did pretty much have a set stable of regular customers, so if it was about someone leaving early, it was pretty much a guarantee that they would return. Of course, the 2 hrs. up front was so we could at least get something out of em. We're not firing up the studio for free in ANY case, nahmean?
    test
  8. AllOrNothinEnt

I feel that.
    See I get half now, half at completion, because the artist I record, usually come in, and fill up 4-5hrs each time, and come once every week-2 weeks, so I'm not hurtin for money, nor customers.

However, once I complete this move, it may be some time before I establish a client list, and may have to go back to producing for online cats, just to get the name out.
    test
  9. headless verseman

headless verseman JERSEY NUCCUH

what kind of studio has a rule of no smoking

not that i smoke, but i interned in a studio as well as recorded in several and that just simply wouldnt cut it
    test
  10. AllOrNothinEnt

There are alot of studio's which don't allow smoking, and mine is one of them.
    If that is a problem for anyone, that's simply tough shit, they'll have to head on down the road.
    My equipment, was paid for by me, and me only, and I respect it, and treat it with an enormous ammount of care, so I do not allow someone coming off the street to come in, and man handle it, smoke in the studio, etc etc etc.
    Nicotine can build up on the equipment, just as it does on your walls inside your home, and I like to keep my equipment like my recordings...pristine.
    test
  11. Killa Klown

Killa Klown New Member

studio rules, don't stand over my gear with soda in your hand.
    test
  12. AllOrNothinEnt

I feel that.
    I allow eating in the lounge area, hell Im even buying a vending machine, and a coke machine so I can make things a little more comfortable.
    test
  13. State Reps

State Reps New Member

lol...EVERY commercial studio I've been to doesnt allow smoking. Most wont even allow it in the lobby. Smoking over peoples equipment is just ignorant....nah...stupid...respect peoples shit...take it outside.....
    test
  14. AllOrNothinEnt

Exactly.

I'e been to one that did allow smoking, but the studio was ran by, and recorded mainly rock artists, and they have little respect for they're equipment in the studio to begin with.
    Every other studio was smoke free, and had more strict rules than mine.
    test
  15. headless verseman

headless verseman JERSEY NUCCUH

yea, but your also in illinois

im in jersey.....with new york and philly within a stones throw......studio's around here allow smoking everywhere but inside of the booth
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.