Your Studio Rules?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by AllOrNothinEnt, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

I have a list of rules that I hand to the recording artist the first time they come in, and expect them to obey by them, and understand them everytime they come in to record with us.

1. Prices are not negotiable.
    2. All sessions are timed.
    3. 50% of the payment is expected before hand, 50% after. You do not get your material without completely paying for it. (I have a wooden rack with a lock on it, that I stash the final copy in until Im payed.)
    4. Smoking is not permitted.
    5. Any improper use of equipment, or damage to equipment, and you are held financially responsible.
    6. All decisions are made by the engineer and artist.
    7. A limited business contract must be signed before the recording, and in it thus stipulates all costs, and that you agree to pay, or leave empty handed.

Now for the most part, everyone has no problem with those rules.
    However, I've had some loud mouthed people come in from word of mouth, and ask to see the equipment before hand, and went so far as to tell me that EVERY studio carries at least 3 Neuman mics, AND they only use Avalon pre's.
    So I opened the door, and told them to get the fuck out of my face.

I've even had some kids come in with half the payment, signed the agreement, and afterwards, wanted they're material, and "promised" to pay next week.
    So after explaining the rules, they got all pissy, and I broke the cd, tossed it in the can behind the couch, and started recording the next artist while they stood there looking like assholes.

What are your rules?
    test
  2. Intriquate

Intriquate BBC/CLP/HiRED/APE

^lol good shit
    test
  3. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

umm..

none...

just do as i ask.. or leave..

not really a studio...

but i guess ill call it that..
    test
  4. AllOrNothinEnt

I'm goin catfishin, peace.
    test
  5. SKWIRL

SKWIRL New Member

aon you peesasheeut, get back here!!!! i gotta change clothes, im a goin wee yee'.... i cant be gettin chicken livers all over my "fresh white tee" and my "gun it" sneakers....let me put on my old addiders, and muh levi's.... wait for me in the tchruck i be down there directly.
    test
  6. AllOrNothinEnt

That's what the fuck I'm talkin bout.

My cousin and I just got back about 5 mins ago, as we went to a pond about a mile from here.
    He made this bait with strawberry banana jello mix in it, and brought the livers as usual, and 30 seconds after we casted out we got bites.

I gotta skin these cats real quick (caught 9 channels, 2-7lbs each on my Berkley digital scale), then wash my ass up and watch some Bang Bus lol.
    test
  7. AllOrNothinEnt

Oh, by the way, since I didn't mention it.
    I was using a Shakespeare 7'6 Ugly Cat rod (Ugly stick made for cats) with a Shakespeare Tidewater reel (largest w/o line counter) and 30lb Cajun Red line with a size 2 treble hook, and a 1 oz pyramid sinker 16" from the hook.
    test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

ROFLMFAO
    test
  9. -MCR-

-MCR- Merc aka Murk

lol, agreed^

you the man AON.. not only do you help us poor saps with nothing in return, but your the coolest asshole in the world....

next time... go sell their CD... and make money off there music

peace
    test
  10. SKWIRL

SKWIRL New Member

wait till one of em gets mad enough to say some scary gangsta shit like
    "we can take it to the streets"
    lmao!!!!!!
    thats when the shit really gets hillarious.. i once beared witness to such an act.... i kept it together till i heard that come out his mouf.... holdin in the out loud laughter from that point on was not an option....
    them ni.99az was unhappy wit me off that, i could see it in thier faces, but i aint care, the shit was funny as hell.... and the engineer they was talkin to busted out laughin at the same time i did... them boys got they shit, said "this shit aint over, and left promptly as the laughter continued

this was long before i ever thought of engineering, but that memory will last a lifetime.... i sometimes find myself purposely trying to agitate certain people (the ones i think might be stupid enough to say somethin like that) into bein confrontational, just to have a memory like that of my own....

am i the only one who does this?
    test
  11. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

AON, may i please sweat your rules and get a copy of your contract? Theres a few changes id like to make, but it sounds like an amazing idea
    As well, ill shoot ya 10 dollars paypal or sumfin, whatevers good
    test
  12. Dkaid

Dkaid Dkaid - Point Made

Those rules sound good and very reasonable to me. Some kids are morons, bottom line.
    test
  13. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

i don't have a studio so i don't have any rules ..

the only other ppl that ever record here are like 2 of my friends no reason to make rules for them lol they know whats up ..
    test
  14. SKWIRL

SKWIRL New Member

good idea bpinc... only i dont have paypal.... no credit... can i maybe send a money order?
    test
  15. AllOrNothinEnt

I appreciate that, but I wouldn't charge you.
    I'll e-mail you the contract as soon as I can, and you can modify it from there.
    test
  16. AllOrNothinEnt

I try to help everyone, because when I started, noone helped me, and I know how damn frustrating it is NEEDING to know something, and having these fools give you bullshit comments instead.

As far as being the coolest asshole in the world, lmao you really have to be both in order to get the job done.
    If your too easy with people, you get walked on, too harsh, and you get people trying to burn your studio down.
    lmfao
    test
  17. -MCR-

-MCR- Merc aka Murk

word to that...lol

AON is now my best friend who doesnt know i exist

peace
    test
  18. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

test
  19. AllOrNothinEnt

test
  20. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

Solid rules, funny shit too what SKWIRL and AON said.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.