Your stance on video game piracy.....

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by LiQuiD6, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

Where is the line for you....?

How often do you do it....?

Is it a priority for you to find a way to get illegal games....?

Do you hate buying games?

Do you dislike people who steal games?

Do you Mod your hardware?

??!?!?!
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Man......i find it really hard to bootleg games.....

I mean i know how many YEARS of work that go into that shit....plus i like having the box around.....

sometimes i'll download a copy of something to see how it plays (if its a pc game), but i've never bootleged a game before......

i feel like the video game industry is really the only entertainment industry that hasn't been hoe'd out yet, and creative minds still rule........you gotta support that shit...
    test
  3. i Luv Da Cock

i Luv Da Cock TRU "GINGER" KID

I knew a kid in high school who had like 50 Playstation games, all burnt.
    He had a rich friend who burnt it for him, and he sells burnt games himself.

To be honest, I was a little envious. Here is this guy who never pays for shit, has all the games in the world, and there I am with my N64 and Super Nes which I barely have 15 games combined because I can't afford the costly cartridges.
    But I guess if I had the chance, I would do the same thing. I mean, I do it with music so how different are video games really?

But the only burnt game I ever had was Starcraft and Brood War, which was easily the best 3$ I ever spent.
    But I enjoyed the game so much that I bought real copies of it anyway.

So, I mean, when it comes to Playstation games, I would really be iffy about it because I mean, I can afford them unlike those ultra expensive Nintendo cartridges. I would've burnt Nintendo games faster than Playstation 2 games just because they're so much more costly.

I think the bottom line is, I would probably support bootlegging if the quality is as good as the original. I know from personal experience because I own a couple of bootleg Game Boy cartridges (they don't have the seal of quality) but they are glitchy as fuck.

So, if the quality is straight and won't fuck up my system, then sure. But if the quality is gonna be ass, then I'd rather not.
    test
  4. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I dont know shit about no bootleg games, and I aint about to mod a system...although some of them machines look dope as hell.
    test
  5. The Mad Notes

The Mad Notes That shit is the... ?

I'm about to buy a flip-top for this Ps2

I dont think I'll ever get a mod for a brand new system tho like 360 or Ps3

I'm a fan of emulators tho.. I have every game for NES, Genesis, and N64 on my comp
    test
  6. Johnny Plutonik

Johnny Plutonik Degenerate Gaming God

shit, if you can get em for free, fuck payin. Go to Uwarez.net to get a bunch of free shit
    test
  7. V-Max

V-Max ROUND ONE: FIGHT!!!

I think emulators are great for nostalgic value, but very limited game-play wise. They just can't replicate the same experience you get with a system. The controls are more awkward if you dont got a handheld controller, and the graphics and sound are usually more compressed and lesser quality.
    test
  8. The Mad Notes

The Mad Notes That shit is the... ?

Nah u got it backwards.. to me, the most important thing is getting a controller.. emulators suck without one. I have a Ps2 controller plugged into my PC for that.

And of course graphics and sound depend on your graphics card and sound card.. most emulators have an array of graphic and sound options that let you play games with a sharper picture, more anti-aliasing, and higher sample rate than the original games.
    test
  9. V-Max

V-Max ROUND ONE: FIGHT!!!

How did I get anything backwards? I already said this:

But not everyone has a controller easily plugged into a PC, and not everyone has extra graphics and sound cards. So normally, these emulated games have weaker quality and graphics than the original system versions.

Nah, emulators are great only for the few gamers who have the equipment to support them. For most people, they're simply nostalgia inducers.
    test
  10. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

The average PC nowadays will outperform the original game through emulation.....most PCs are fitted with 5 to 7 channel sound, decent video card, and dual core cpu.....

Digga
    test
  11. ?.?.?.?

?.?.?.? Not a Critic Just a Fan

first playstation was modded and only bought burnt games since then i havent
    hate paying $70 or $80 for games but with live it isnt as bad
    test
  12. Civilian2004

Civilian2004 New Member

i'm a fan of emulators but thats only for games on systems i no longer have and aren't coming to america.

i was big on that ish during the era of the dreamcast. but i only got into it because sega announced the end of the dreamcast and i still wanted some damn games for it because i love the system. so i mainly ended up getting the games that they never released in the states.
    test
  13. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Rushed games, sqequals upon sequels and movie tie ins? The majority of games since the Sony era have been money making crap.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.