Your relationship: is it the typical cliche??

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by samii so sexii, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samii so sexii

samii so sexii ..sunkist siren..

To all those in a relationship, I would like to know if it has turned into the typical cliche relationship that you see on TV or in movies, and if so, elaborate as to how.

If not, then share how your relationship really is.

All you singles can discuss you old relationships as well.

I'll start:

More yes than no. We're typical in the sense that I'm a sensetive girl that likes to talk about her feelings and discuss our relationship and he usually hates those talks and is like 'get over it'. We're total opposites but we're in love and making it work which is so cliche. Were atypical in the way we communicate with each other. were at a point now where we can talk about the other's faults and mistakes from the past or present in a calm way, and just put it out there, and it's whatever. we tell each other when we dont like something, or when we dislike each other, or whatever. we don't step on eggshells. Also, you know how people say that after some point the fun ends or the sex ends? well, they haven't in my relationship. When it comes to romance we're definitely NOT chilche at all...although i wish we were a lil more lol. All in all I think my relationship is unique, even though there are some elements that are pretty commonplace.
    test
  2. Well in my last relationship, I guess we were not typical in the sense that I was the communicator and she didnt like to talk about things much. I have always been one to openely discuss thoughts and feelings, i've been brought up that way, but she being from a different background culture etc learnt to walk away, and let things go, kinda block things out, bottle stuff up, hence, things didnt used to get resolved, and that can be draining. I thought we should talk, she couldnt understand why I would want to talk about things..hmm grrr. So yea, I felt like the roles were reversed, because From my experience its usually the woman complaining that her man wont talk to her about stuff.

so nah we werent typically cliched.
    test
  3. philly phil

philly phil gaingreene

fuck bitches
    test
  4. Skrybe

Skrybe ConnectedthruaForeignExch

*shrug* I'm educated and she's white. I guess there are other cliches, but that's all I can think of.
    test
  5. SuB zer0

SuB zer0 A.D.R.I.A.N.N.A

i dunno we're regular i guess

we dont really argue

we have one of those big ass fight like once a yr

shes not really emotional

with all that cryin and what not

so if she does cry i musta seriously did some shit

thats my homie though

i can talk 2 her about ne thing and vice versa

she good to me

and shes a good ass mom

i aint complainin
    test
  6. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

^ That's awesome :eek:)

I don't think my relationship is anything like on tv or in movies.
    test
  7. samii so sexii

i don't think i've ever seen like, a real healthy relationship on a regular basis. my mom was never married, neither was my aunt. my sister always fucked around with the wrong type of guys. im tryin to learn what a "healthy relationship" is while in one lol
    test
  8. lol sami, its the other way around for me. I see lots of people in my life making relationships go the long haul, and I feel under pressure to do the same.
    test
  9. samii so sexii

^^ which isn't very common. how many guys want to talk about their feelings and their relationship?? but then again, not many guys want long term committments either.
    test
  10. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

I haven't really either. But there is one couple I know. My friends parents. They've been married I believe 30 some odd years. They are like still SO in love. It's amazing. Still do things together, still giggle with one another, still do the cuddle thing. I love going to her house just to see how happy her parents are, but it's also sad. Because I'd LOVE to know that my marriage could be like that in 20yrs. And it's not just an act in front of ppl. They are ALWAYS like this. It's like, if they fight, they never stay mad at one another. They are so understanding with each other.

I never thought it was possible. Until I met these two. Just amazing :eek:)
    test
  11. I hope u get to have that nanijah
    test
  12. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Aw thanks Brit Boi ;o)

One can dream, right? lol

I just think it's almost too perfect to be real. If I didn't know them, I'd never believe true love like that exsited, ya know? And it's not like they worked up to this point over the 30yrs. My friend is 25 and she said they've ALWAYS been this way. Even when she was younger. She use to say it made her sick how happy they always seemed to be lol. But now that she's older, she has gained alot of respect for them. She now hopes that her marriage (when she gets there) is like her parents :eek:) I think that's so sweet.
    test
  13. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

Mine is kinda cliche... not necessarily a good thing, depending on the cliche... ehhh... whatever.

I'd say the happiest, most functional & healthy couple I know is my aunt and her husband. They're not really traditional... seperate banking accounts... she's a dentist... he's a CFO... he does most of the cooking... she ummm... I don't know what she does in terms of her role in the marriage... but whatever it is, it works for them. They respect eachother... they encourage eachother... they travel... give eachother space... raised great kids and now they get to just enjoy their life together... renewed their wedding vows a few years ago on their 25th wedding anniversary. They seem so in love and to genuinely enjoy being together... they way they speak to and about one another... the way they look at eachother with such admiration and love... they're my idol.
    test
  14. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

There are many females who don't want long-term committments, too... it goes both ways. And I don't think it's about guys not wanting long-term committments, it's more about us being ready or prepared to enter one. Why pressure or force a guy to be in a relationship if he doesn't want to be in one? He won't be happy and you won't be happy.

I think females desire relationships more in order to legitimize their lusts, to thwart any perception of being a whore... whereas, men don't feel like they have to be in a relationship in order to have sex. Because if it was just an emotional need, why not be friends? Why do you have to tie down the first guy you see?
    test
  15. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

They sound like they're healthy, well-adjusted individuals, which you would have to be in order to have a healthy, well-adjusted relationship... which is why I always say, 'if it takes two to MAKE a relationship, then it takes two to BREAK one, as well'... because we're all responsible for the choices we make. Those who disagree and place blame on others, tend to go on and continually have unhealthy relationships.
    test
  16. samii so sexii

i took a slight hiatus...but now im back (prolly not for long LoL)

Igg, you be puttin DUBS on what i say! no one ever said that anyone should try and force a man into a relationship. all i said was that dudes are usually not the ones to wanna sit down and have long heart to hearts about their feelings, and that it's more common to find a man that wants his sexual freedom, than to be in a relationship.

i don't wholly agree with your second statement. it's 2006. it's much more common to hear women say "it's my body, i'll do what i want and with whom" than to hear them say "oh, i don't wanna look like a whore. i wonder what people will think of me." take the other thread...you saw what i said about my friends....does that sound like girls that care about what people think? lol

i think that most women want security, love, companionship, and sex, and you can get that through a relationship. Not to mention, if you have sex with someone on a regular, it's pretty automatic for women to grow some kind of feelings for the guy (if they weren't there in the beginning), and have it turn into something else.

now i do agree with what you said about men not needing a relationship to have sex. some women dont either. i have a gf, and my friends all say she treats sex like a n!gga...which is cool. so i'll speak for myself when i say that i can't have casual sex. sex isn't a casual act. tying your shoes is casual. but intercourse should be reserved for someone you care about...unless of course you're having one of those crazy lust filled affairs that you see in movies.
    test
  17. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

Sho nuff. You ain't neva lied.

Well, you have... but not this time... ;-)
    test
  18. Predator INC

Predator INC New Member

the key to a good relationship is people having EQUAL interest in each other. if one person is more interested in the other - then the levels of respect and dedication will eventually fuck up whatever you may have.
    test
  19. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

I was asking a hypothetical question in reference to the general understanding that women often pressure men into committments because they have to have a boyfriend... and that men are immature if they don't want a committment.

And why or when must men sit down and have a "heart to heart" discussion about their feelings? If you pay attention, you'll know exactly how he feels about you. Men communicate differently than women. It's not wrong... just different.

Just like you want him to talk more, why can't you shut up, sometime? I'm speaking hypothetically again. It's not all about the woman's needs in a relationship. Men have needs, too... but yet we're expected to give and sacrifice more.

Maybe with your girlfriends that might be true, but many women (and I'm including women of all ages and cultures) still have traditional values when it comes to sex. L.A. is a very cosmopolitan city, so the values there are a lot more liberal than the rest of America. I bet if you go to Arkansas, you'll find women who feel differently.

You can get the first 3 through platonic friendship... and still have casual sex, but as you've expressed, that's not your thing... and many women feel as you do.

But this is 2006!! Why are you living in the Dark Ages?

See how easy I can flip that?
    test
  20. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

i dunnop, i just know we fight alot.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.