Your RBL Magazine Week 50

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Brown Jesus, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Welcome back, gentleman. You guys showed up last week and we appreciate it. I still think we could get more votes, but, hey.... I'll take what I can get. With most of you showing last week, we have a Recap; some good battles and some not so good (looking in the mirror :scared:). We have some good material for the Highlights, too, so look out for your name. Unless you're me that is lol. We have some interesting matchups this week, notably, the Champ Match should be good. Bring your A game this week ladies. Power Rankings have some movement, but not much really, I think last week went as expected for the most part.

We only have a few more weeks before we kick off the tourney. I'm really excited and hope we can get a decent turnout; so tells our friends! Let's have a good time with it.

As usual, the Mag is WIP; I'm hoping to have it done and posted by this afternoon. I'm really starting to pick up clients this term, though, so don't hate me if it's up @ 5a tomorrow. I'll try my damndest to get it done today, though.

Enough chatter, let's make these last few weeks great.

RBL Staff
    test
  2. Brown Jesus

Review of Last Week

RBL Championship

Thorne vs T.a.C

The Champ Match has been pretty nice recently, not counting any no shows, last week was no different. T.a.C came out with a solid verse early, and I thought he made it a close one. Thorne came in and spoiled the party, though. This one was a lot closer than the 4-0 votes would imply. It's worth a read if you didn't/haven't get to it. This is the early favorite for BotW. Thorne won 4-0 and retained the title; he wil face Ski Mask in what should be a good one this week.

RBL Contender Match

Ski Mask vs Eyeurn Mic

This was pretty cut and dry; Eyeurn had some decent concepts, but they weren't enough to top Ski last week. Some voters cited the verse being slightly repetitive with the concepts (a lot of Ski Mask lines). Ski had a nice consistent verse, most of the lines were at least decent and some were pretty nice. Aside from a little ambiguity in his use of pronouns, it was a pretty nice verse. Ski Mask won 5-0 and advances to the Champ Match to face Thorne.

EKGenius vs eggo

Another clear cut battle imo, although EKG did garner a vote. His replacement refs line was nice and will definitely make an appearance in the Highlights this week. Eggo had more quotables, though, and in general, a more consistent verse. Eggo won this battle 3-1 and faces coil grimely in the Contender Match.

Coil Grimely vs Brown Jesus

Do I have to do this?

:scared:

I laid an egg, no hiding that fact. Not taking anything from coil, though, he had a decent verse with a couple nice punches. I agree with the voters that coil took this one very easily. He had a much better verse, iah. So Coil extends my streak to 2, and moves into the Contender Match; I will continue to play Limbo :scared:

JQuality vs HorustheeGod vs S3anceMayh3m

Triple no show? Fucking lames. I'd also like to take the time to say that S3ance is extra lame, wtf is with e=3 you fucking nerd. And Horus... was a fucking bird, homo. JQ, I have nothing to say, so :fu:. xoxo ladies

:idontbelieveu2:
    test
  3. Brown Jesus

Highlights of Last Week

Top Punchlines

You don’t deserve to champ, not jus cuz you’re so-so
    But cuz if you read the league rules you’d see you cant win the title by no show
    T.a.C

You like to name drop, which is fuckin lame to begin
    But they say that legends are never forgotten…what did you say your name was again?
    T.a.C

I didn't wanna view BJ's verse with misled lies
    & even Smoking Weed won't make me feel good about having Read Eye's
    ski mask

I'll bring the fire, and turn up the flashes
    They'll say I'ma fan of the Tigers the way Auburn U to ashes
    ski mask

This bitch is not prepared.. so I'll easily waste this vet
    against me.. he's unable to settle the score like NFL replacement refs
    EKGenius

I'm cocky yes. you been on thin ice since week1 and thats a rocky step
    Skated by vs Quality.. just for me to fuckin smash ya with a Hockey check
    eggo

youngin admire me. ya chances to win are slim guy ya done it I'm firing
    dog ya pushed ya Luck enough to make Colts franchise plummet entirely
    eggo

You, the messiah?! In a brawl, we'll see just who's boss,
    One swing & I'll show you how Jesus gets nailed by a cross!
    coil grimely

Punchline of the Week

Please, ya bitch Under Pressure, react to the call
    I named my dick China cuz she likes her back against the Wall
    ski mask

Sorry, I had to, brotha.

:funny:

Verse of the Week

Battle of the Week

http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-...ionship-match-1-thorne-5-0-v-2-t-c-2-1-a.html
    test
  4. Brown Jesus

This Weeks Preview

RBL Championship

Champ Thorne vs Contender Ski Mask

This is going to be a really good one, I think. Both competitors have shown that they can produce quality verses, so I expect fireworks between these two... pause. I think it's safe to predict a BotW nomination for this one. I'm going with Thorne, but don't be surprised if Ski takes home the W.

RBL Contender Match

3. eggo vs 4. coil grimely

Coil is making his appearance in the Contender Match, but I've been thinking eggo will be in a Champ Match soon. This week will prove/disprove that statement. Bring your A-games, gentleman. I got eggo winning this one.

5. Eyeurn Mic vs 6. EKGenius

While I don't think this won't get any BotW nominations, this will be a close battle. I'm not even sure who I predict to win, it's that close. I'm leaning towards EK due to his stronger showing last week.

7. Brown Jesus vs 8. Benigno

"How low can you go?" Yeah, maybe I can get a W via no show... :scared:

9. PharCyze vs 10. Mets

This one is going to be good. I remember Mets from back in the day and PC is legit. I'm not sure who to take on this one, either. Mets was dope in the day, but he's probably rusty. I'm going to call this one a coin flip; if Mets shakes off any rust he might have, he will win.

11. Allen Knight vs 12. Smarty Pants

Not sure what to say here. I have no idea who Smarty Pants is and I don't think I've ever seen an Allen Knight verse. No prediction.

Power Rankings

5. Everyone else.

I don't think anyone else is really competing at a level to clearly take this spot.

4. Coil Grimely

This one was easy... pause.

3. eggo

Doesn't take much foresight to say I saw this coming.

2. Ski Mask

I think we all saw this one coming, too.

1. Thorne

I'm stealing Ski's trademark... easy. Umm... no homo.
    test
  5. Brown Jesus

Outro

update: Getting started back on this right now

update2: Outro is stil WIP, but the rest of the Mag is done. I hope you enjoy it. Have to work with a couple clients and I'll try to add the finishing touches to this after.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.