Your RBL Magazine - Week 49

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Brown Jesus, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Introduction

Welcome back to another edition of your RBL Mag. We had a great week last week, I really appreciate you guys taking the time to post and vote. It means a lot to the League, and so it means a lot to us (RBL Staff). Since we're on voting, if you guys could drop a quick "I think this was BotW" (Battle of the Week for the uninitiated) with one of your votes, it would be greatly appreciated.

Enough of that. Last weeks recap had some decent battles go down; Champ match was good and the rest were decent enough. We have some material for the Highlights. I think the Preview will be pretty easy this week; not too many nail biters going down, but you never know, I guess. The usual movement in the Power Rankings, nothing too exciting going on here; Thorne is obviously still king of the hill.

That's you Mag in a nutshell, I'm going to be working on it throughout the day. I have only been able to sneak away for about 10 hours of sleep this week, so I'm a little drained, but my goal is to get this thing posted before the day is over; you guys know the drill.

That's enough from me, your Mag will be up soon. In the meantime, show up and vote; if you want to have a good time, T.a.C's number is on numerous bathroom stalls around the country.

:luxplease:

RBL Staff
    test
  2. Brown Jesus

Last Weeks Recap

RBL Championsip

1. Thorne (4-0) vs 2. ThisisDAM (2-0)

I think this battle was closer than the 5-1 cout would lead you to expect. The consensus seemed to be that Dam had issues wording/forcing punches. Thorne had a more consistent verse in the eyes of the voters. Thorne wins and retains the title.

RBL Contender Match

3. SiegeSupreme (3-1) vs 3.5 coil grimely (1-0) vs 4. Tacky Jones (1-1)

This was another crazy one. I think Siege's approach is what is holding him back; his focus is on multies and flow. whereas it should probably be on punchlines. T.a.C didn't really didn't show up; I think he'll have a better showing this week, not that he has a chance lol. Coil was DQ'ed for showing late, but had a decent verse. Unfortunate, but that's how it goes sometimes, since he would have won by the votes. Then it ended in a tie, but Siege didn't post links, so he lost votes and basically gave himself the L. T.a.C likes Giant weiners.

5. ski mask (2-1) VS Brown Jesus (0-0)

This was my comeback battle after a long absence from RBL as a competitor. Ski is nice and I knew I was going to have my hands full. I didn't have enough firepower to bring Ski down last week. Good battle, ski. Ski wins 4-2 and advances to the Contender Match.

adam b free (0-0) vs EyeurnMic (0-0)

Eyeurn Mic wins by no show... and moves into the Contender Match

[​IMG]

EKGenius (0-0) vs JQuality (0-0)

This was another battle that was closer than the vote indicate. While I wouldn't call this one a toss up, it was close. EK had the more "standard" verse and the voters preferred it. EK wins 5-1.

eggo (0-0) vs HorusTheeGod (0-0)

Eggo wins in what was basically a rout. He had more and better punches throughout his verse. JQuality saw it differently, but most of us concurred with that sentiment. Egoo wins 5-1​
    test
  3. Brown Jesus

Last Weeks Highlights

Top Punchlines

The result was expected. You're here even tho he oughta be.
    A ski mask puts bodies on the floor.. its fitting u got saved in a robbery.
    Thorne

Hens, Duh, Meta, Res. I've sparred n fought with your idols
    Know how they'll remember the RBL's at a low? Dam havin a shot at the title.
    Thorne

You got off easy last week, if dude dropped I doubt you still wud win
    You didn't miss Q in that battle, but your verse was filled with them
    ThisisDam

Your mom is dirty son, especially in the sheets & the bed
    Fuckin that pussy is a gamble, & I've always beaten the spread
    ThisisDam

I remember you’ ask me for advice, to explain tech.
    I told you don’t mention it…so my finger prints will never reach that trainwreck
    Tacky Jones

Leave wit ya brain attatched? You betta pray for that!! These days it’s wack, way 2 many gays that rap..
    See word on the street is Tac hoes around, steady blowin Brown…but his fave instrument is still the Anglo-Sax!!
    SiegeSupreme

My lines are berserk! Pay attention when I’m tryin to work….legit a threat, I been the best as far as rhyming wit words!!
    But you?? Ya phrasing has been wack, those lines r a sin, Tac/syntax…& I ain’t jus defining the term!
    SiegeSupreme

Excuse the broken english; there's no defendin, but the fact is that,
    If I need a lift, I put ski on top, cus it's downhill after that,
    Brown Jesus

I be busting J's teeth, cus WITH 12 LINES - he got his ass kicked
    With two more, J will 'disappear for a year' like 'Mitt Romney's taxes'
    EKGenius

Jesus? It's funny I'M seen as the Higher Power, a known bruiser
    This mutha fucka's a Medium.. He even Predicted his own Future ^
    Ski Mask

Fuck a Brown! U wanna measure up? Stick to the Mag & do us thanks
    I'll call U Barry Bonds how U took the wrong way through the Ranks
    Ski Mask

Punchline of the Week

5 line setups?

:scared:

Battle of the Week

http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-...rbl-championship-1-thorne-vs-2-thisisdam.html

Verse of the Week

test
  4. Brown Jesus

Power Rankings

5. T.a.C

I know he's ranked #2, but he kinda fell up into the Champ Match. We'll see where he goes after this week.

4. Coil Grimely

Would have won if he posted on time last week. He could move up or fall off the .

3. eggo

I think we'll be seeing this guy in a champ match soon.

2. Ski Mask

Should probably be in the champ match; this week will be a speed bump for him.

1. Thorne

Easy
    test
  5. Brown Jesus

Outro

update: working on it, everthing but outro should be done before I get off work at 9a. I should be able to get some of this done at my other job today. I will open it once it's done minus outro.
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

thanks for holding this down, BJ. i'll be back in like 2 weeks. don't want to air out my business, but i'll send you and tac a p/m just to keep ya'll in the loop.
    test
  7. ski mask

ski mask The Don

test
  8. eggo

eggo gg

Nice mag bj, thanks for taking time to give us a cool read.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.