Your RBL Magazine - Week 48

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Brown Jesus, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

Introduction

Well, we had 2 battles, count em, go down last week. To be completely honest, it was disappointing. I'm not sure where to go with the Mag; there isn't much to put fill it with. So, if you want to see more in the Mag, you have to give me more to fill up the Mag. Thanks to everyone that showed (T.a.C, Siege, Thorne, Ski, DAM, PC and coil). The Review is going to be depressing. The Highlights will seem like it came from 3-4 people (it pretty much did); at least Punchline of the Weak was good :scared:. A lot of movement in the Power Rankings, obviously Q is gone from the top spot and some of our best no showed. I'm going to play First Impressions by ear; I had an idea last week, but my short term memory isn't what it was, so if I don't remember. I'll figure something out.

I will get your records straightened out and update threads and the rankings later. Completely forgot about that. Anything else I'm missing, don't hesitate to let me know. Let's put last week behind us, gentleman. Show up to your battles, vote and have fun.

RBL Staff
    test
  2. Brown Jesus

Review

C. Quriosity(5-0)
    2. Thorne(3-0)

Q no showed. I'm sure Thorne didn't want to win the title like that (considering that verse; good shit, man). Not much to say here... Thorne wins by no show and becomes your new RBL Champion.

3. Ski mask(2-0)
    4. ThisisDAM(1-0)

This was a really good battle, definitely BotW; sorry it doesn't mean much this week. Both of these guys had good verses, it was refreshing. If you haven't checked it out, click the link I will provide. DAM took the W and moves into the Championship.

5. Wreck’n’eyez(3-2)
    6. SiegeSupreme(2-1)

Wreck no showed. Siege had some good shit, though. I liked the Levi's concept; I think it could be worded better, but it was nice. Siege wins by no show and advances to the Contender Match.

7. Ravenous510(1-3)
    8. T.a.C(1-1)

What to say? Rav gave himself mental pause. T.a.C wins by no show and advances to the Contender Match.

9. PharCyzE(2-1)
    10. Coil Grimley(1-1)
    11. Sycamore(0-0)

Sycamore no showed. PC and coil did their thing, but I don't feel like PC brought his A game. I don't think coil did, either, but he had a couple decent concepts. This was kinda close, but Coil won and advances to the Contender Match.
    test
  3. Brown Jesus

Preview

RBL Championsip
    1. Thorne vs 2. ThisisDAM

This is going to be good so long as they both show. Thorne has been dropping better verses each week, so I'm really excited to see what he does this week. Dam won an impressive battle last week versus ski, and I expect another good showing from him this week. Alas, I have to choose someone for my prediction: I think Thorne defends his title this week.

RBL Contender Match
    3. SiegeSupreme vs 3.5 coil grimely vs 4. Tacky Jones

This should be a decent run up to the Champioship. T.a.C vs siege is a clash of different styles and coil is somewhere in between those styles. This should be interesting, but I think T.a.C wins a close one this week.

5. ski mask VS BJ

I suck at previewing my own battles, but here goes. Ski is coming off a tough loss in the Contender Match, I know he is looking for blood. I haven't written anything in months, but I'm always up to a challenge. I'll do my best to make it a good one, ski, you do the same. I think ski get's this one and sends me to the bottom of the rankings.

adam b free vs EyeurnMic

Never heard of either. Have fun this week, gentleman, let us see what you bring to the table.

EKGenius vs JQuality

JQual sounds familiar, not sure about EKG. Not a very good reason to make a prediction, but I'll lean towrds JQ.

eggo vs HorusTheeGod

eggo definitely sounds familiar, Horus, too, though. If I remember correctly, eggo was pretty dope. I'll take a wait and see stance on these two, but I'll go with eggo today since I'm hungry and haven't eaten breakfast.
    test
  4. Brown Jesus

Last Weeks Highlights

Top Punchline

You worthless at rap! Call ya bars “Supa hot fire”…cuz like him, it’s like your purposely whack!!
    & I know I said it last bar but it ain’t worth it to scrap…cuz I’m down to “leave Eyez/Levi’s” black like I was purchasing slacks!
    SiegeSupreme

I'll just call you "The Cat", so if curiosity doesn't kill it...
    I'm at a chinese food restaurant with Q to split the bill wit'
    Coil Grimely

Anyway let's talk about ya hoes breast, just imagine that scene
    But they aren’t the big picture.. they’re more like a flat screen
    ski mask

Punchline of the Weak

Anyone that said Rav's verse was excellent... kill yourself.

Verse of the Week

Battle of the Week

http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-...nder-3-ski-mask-2-0-vs-4-thisisdam-1-0-a.html
    test
  5. Brown Jesus

Power Rankings

5. coil grimely

Not a no show verse. Step it up this week.

4. SiegeSupreme

I still think you need to work on putting together one solid verse. You were definitely better than everyone above last week, though.

3. ski mask

Lost a tough one to DAM. He's better than everyone else above him. Unfortunately, he's about to lose another tough one.

2. ThisisDAM

This seems clear enough to me. DAM is in the Champ Match after a nice win last week

1. Thorne

Strong showing last week, even if it was a no show win.
    test
  6. Brown Jesus

Outro

And that is your RBL Mag. As always, I hope you enjoyed it; if you didn't, leave a comment below so that I can ridicule you in next weeks Mag.

RBL Staff
    test
  7. eggo

eggo gg

nice mag. hopefully this week battles give us a lil more to read about
    test
  8. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

I leave, and it plummets.

Sorry, BJ.

Good Mag though. Q gone? Damn.
    test