Your Rap WishList for 2014?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by ThatsNotMyName, Dec 16, 2013.

1. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

I saw this video from D Respect.

And I thought: "Shit, this is a cool idea."

So I'm putting the vid here for y'all to see and comment if you share some of this "wishes" and add to that whatever you wish to see in rap for 2014.

From the list in the video I'll share the OutKast new album (or André solo album, André on those features just showing how much he matured and I just want to hear a full-length album from him or OutKast), more Kanye music (solo shit, fuck these collabos he's making, unless he starts working with good rappers like Common, Nas, Q) & the Wu-Tang album (hoping that they'll put their egos aside and they will go with a dope ass last album)

To that I'll add:
    - Blu & Exile album, I know Blu said he didn't saw himself rapping after 30 but damn! dudes need to drop one last album and make it a good one.
    - R.A.P. Music II... More Run The Jewels... They have a whole year, they can drop two dope albums like they already did.
    - Action Bronson's "debut" album. In Blue Chips 2 he went all "off-the dome" but here goes for hoping that he will make a killer "debut" album and I also wish that he won't die, for real... how heavy is he?
    - Joey Bada$$ "debut" album... mmmm, kinda, dude sometimes loses me when he plays with his flow but hopefully he will bring a kick-ass "debut" album.
    - P.T.S.D. (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) !!!!!!!! W.A.R. was an underrated 4 mic'er AT LEAST...
    - Nas album produced solely by Kanye... What happened to this shit anyway? I heard this was about to happen but it never did...
    - Hope Earl Sweatshirt drops another album and doesn't go all ignant on it... I see this in young rappers with potential.. They can drop good music but they just let whatever is hot at the moment mess with them and end up releasing "swag" music.
    - Royce 5'9 solo album. Fuck Slaughterhouse. Drop solo albums!

And I'll leave it at that for the moment...
    test
  2. quotive

quotive 3

kendrick

isiah rashad

rashad

frank ocean

outkast/andre

jay electronica

nas

jai paul
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  3. ThatsNotMyName

Plus I'll add "The Talented Mr. Trotter". I'd like to see that shit on 2014.
    test
  4. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Chico & the Man, Polymer Pt. 3 & 4, Peter Anthony Red LP... any and all. Polymer tour to hit Denver.

Rip the Jacker 2 or whatever the fuck to finish, w/ no sample clearance bullshit and 100% HQ engineering. This promo from earlier in the year still has me hopeful it materializes.

I'll take that new Wu album... Family Reunion & Execution In Autumn were pretty good. Definitely hang out long enough to be cohesive and all onpoint... no throwaway tracks, nothing corny. RZA's Soul Temple material has been a good foundation for real Wu products to happen.

Some surprise mash up from Tom Caruana who did Wu x Beatles & Wu x Hendrix... someone give me something hot, like fuckin' DMX x James Brown or something.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  5. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

Edit: Just realized you didn't mean just upcoming albums...

Still Wishlist would be like
    Immortal Technique - Middle Passage
    The Last Emperor - Wizards Wardrobe

Tonedeff & Kno - Chico & The Man

etc. Basically albums ive pretty much given up on. And am just expecting them to drop out of nowhere.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  6. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

If nas and premo bring out that collab album it will change the game imho. It would be so dope and convince alot of people you can do well with real hip hop as opposed to whatever is popular at the time.

It still confuses me why big rappers have such a horrible ear for beats when they can afford any producer.

I hope em, jay and kanye retire.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. ThatsNotMyName

I heard that shit a long time ago. Anybody know if that is in the works or is a rumor or what? I would like to hear that.

Word. It kills when any rapper... or artist for that matter (I'm including filmmakers since I love that shit too) don't make shit from the heart. Y'know? Like they want to make something people like so they want the producer that's hot at the moment.

And sometimes is worse and they let the office producers decide what to do with their beats and how to create the product. They don't know shit, they work with "charts" and whatever it's popular at the moment.
    That's no way to make a quality product, when you give to people "what they want" instead of doing what you know you want to put out.
    test
  8. ThatsNotMyName

I really liked that "No Hope" track. Damn, didn't know about those guys, you like a modern day HHC Questlove, a true rap connoiseur.
    test
  9. snowy

Here's Tonedeff in 93 on Arsenio Hall talent show.

Move In Ride Out

It took him awhile to get an album out. He's more focused on the Executive Producer side which is where QN5 comes from. One of the main acts being CunninLynguists.

Kno is from CunninLynguists. Right around Sloppy Seconds 2 and A Piece of Strange I've loved almost all his music. Death Is Silent was really good too. When you're in the mood for it. Definitely the Emo Premo of the 2000s.
    Love Ain't

I Wish I Was Dead

Graveyard

They've always just had really good chemistry and have both gotten better with age. But Tonedeff has basically said he doesn't want to release it with no promotion and so hopefully with this push to put Polymer together and with Strange Journey 3 coming together Chico & The Man could be on the way.
    test
  10. snowy

The Gates

Enemies With Benefits

I can get were Tonedeff is with his beat selection leading up to Polymer right now. If I had just made an entire album, we've basically been told Kno has a near finished version in his possession, then you might go in a different direction when trying to show off what you are also capable of to build some hype. Though I would of loved him doing an entire album with DJ JS-1 or something instead of the beats he chose for his first EP. Fortunately Demon was better.

Even just some of his own beats like Optimist
    test
  11. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

None of your opinions are humble, you POS.

Those are all stupid things to want, as usual.

On the subject of Nas, him and Game need to do a collab album. For whatever reason they are unable to drop a wack track when working together.

Just Blaze to get back into producing hip hop. He says he has about 5 joints for Hov's next project.

Kendrick's Sophomore album to not fizzle as sophomore albums tend to do.

Black Milk gettin more beats to Detroit niggas. How Em and Royce haven't tapped him more for production is fucking beyond me.

That QTip produced Ye album.

Can I get a Loaded Lux full length studio album?
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  12. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

You fucking retard. Imho is In my honest opinion.

Your genuinely scum, people like you are the reason hip hop is in the state it is.

Black milk is your go to guy to mention to convince us you actually listen to anything outside the mainstream.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  13. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Have no anticipations whatsoever..
    test
  14. Esoteriq

Esoteriq Worst Behavior

You're fucking retarded. "IMHO" is ALWAYS associated with "humble".

You're genuinely a piece of a shit and are an embarrassment to music. You're just mad because hip hop has evolved past what your simple ass can understand.

I don't need to convince a faggot like you of anything, you clearly don't listen to logical rationale.

Kill yourself.
    test
  15. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

how the fuck long have they been working on this

feels like 5+ years

the H is for humble
    test