-YOUR poetry, world-wide known history???-

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by RealMS, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

Any of yall poets ever thought this, about your own work? We talked about this today after reading some of Longfellow's work, and how he became the most popular (not greatest) American poet...blah don't really feel like going into it but some of you probably already know. Then my teacher was telling me after class how Emily Dickinson asked her sister to burn and destroy all of her poetry after she died, and she did. I don't really quite get that though, but I might just be thinking about things too much.

There's obviously a lot of unknown talent, not just poets-other various things. Eh lol, let me know what yall think lol
    test
  2. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

^whats your actually question I dont fully understand but I think the subject is interesting

when I die I hope my work will have some kinda impact....good or bad....someway to remember me and maybe get a message of encourgement
    test
  3. AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous U got a problem?

^^dickinson wanted her poetry burned because it would be better that way.. after her death she didnt want her poetry to live on and tell her story... at least thats what i got from it... lol
    test
  4. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

Bury me with my poetry....
    test
  5. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

i thought about it......i think it'd be cool for everyone to know me and spend years trying to depict what i meant

i just hope they'd understand in the end my messege was "fuck off, this is me"
    test
  6. RealMS

ooo sorry for not making that clear enough, I was rambling. What I mean is, do you see your poetry being read in a classroom one day, studied, in the textbooks...that kinda thing. Would you want that?

yeah I kinda feel the same as you, good or bad-most likely both.

^that's exactly what she said to me...but I don't really understand it-then again I do. Now answer the question! ;)

that'd be crazy if somebody digged it back up one day...but I think I'll give all of mine to my children, someday.

^to spend years, you've got to specialize in that-either that or you're just devoted...jp...slim chance I think, referring to your last line, never know.

-I used to think that'd be nice, if one day that were to happen to my stuff, but that was when I was just gettin into it. Now, it doesn't matter...I'll give it to my children :wink: though a Nobel Peace Prize in Literature would be better
    test
  7. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

Sounds like a plan to me.

I don't know..I really don't want anybody going through all my written shit when I die. I think that they might not think of me the same...b/c of what I did share..a lot of it I didn't.
    test
  8. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

hmmmmm....

part of me says, hey...i'd love to have my shit read out in a class room...its nothin compared to shakespeare and the methods to analyzing his sonnets...yes theres a way to analyze his sonnets, it gets reeeaaaalll deep...

but on the other hand...i could care less if someone reads it or not...like realms said...i'd prolly jus hand down my stuff to my kids...i wanna raise my kids with the same influence my moms did...around the arts...get them started, learning how to vent through writing...i dont want any of my kids shootin up schools n shit ya know? lol

yea...i guess thats my opinion on that.
    one
    test
  9. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

i would love to have people read my work...
    on a nationwide basis...
    its whats got me striving the last few years,
    test
  10. RealMS

^damn, I don't know what my motivation is to be honest with you. There's a lot, but to sum it up you know, I got nothin lol
    test
  11. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Plan on giving everything I ever written to my daugther. Poems, letters, essays, short stories, and my journal. Then she can do whatever she wants with it. I really hope it's something that she passes down to her children if she has any. And then they can pass it down and so on.
    test
  12. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I think that is a wonderful idea. I suppose that is probably what I would want to do.
    It would be a shame to have it all die with you..yah know..
    test
  13. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts MysteryOfUntoldTruth

Yea, I always wanted to get my stuff into the classroom to be studied, spoken about.

That be awesome!
    test
  14. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

I don't care one way or another if it's read in a classroom...I prefer people read my shit in bookstores, or in social gatherings....even jail..

school is not always credible...lol
    test
  15. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Give my words to the world. It's where I got 'em from anyway [dunno]
    test
  16. J Rocca

J Rocca New Member

it be cool to have my stuff read in a class and for people to try and depict my writing. But like someone said earlier, I'd proboly hand them down to my kids when I get older. Either way it be cool and could spark a future brain of my offspring to become a poet and that would be a reward in itself as well.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.