Your Personal Moral Code

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by kojo, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kojo

kojo New Member

Now I know since this is a rap forum I may not get much of the same feeling, but Im gonna put it out there:

The past 4 months have been a real rollercoaster for me spiritually, and one of the things that has happened recently is I've gotten back into the church. I strayed for years once I had gotten into college but I went back about a month ago by recommendation of my father and now as a grown man who has been through some things, the words of the preacher really strike me now (along with the music).

this has really led me to start thinking about just what kind of artists I'll work with nowadays and the type of messages in their songs I would be co-signing as the Producer. I remember being in a studio session a few years ago and the producer of the track completely ending the session when he started hearing some of the lyrics the rapper was spitting about women and he told him how he gets down and he can either accept it or not, the rapper wouldnt accept so he rolled out...

So my fellow producers, are there certain types of songs/lyrics you just wont allow an artist to make with your beats or does it not matter as long as you got paid?

Dont get it twisted, I'm by no means a perfect person so theres no "holier than thou" attitude to be taken from this, I just wanted to get some nice discussions around here...
    test
  2. sdizzle

sdizzle sexy beat maker

i mean if dude talks about hes gonna rape little kids id leave anyways.. im a young kat lol.. but other than that, they can talk about fuckin bitches, shootin dudes up.. dont matter...
    test
  3. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

Right now I rap gangsta just to get my niggaz attention...but i gotta plan...Imma start a movement....Ill still get down on the gangsta shyt...but later....

I plan to eventually elevate my rap game to teach my black people....teach them the streets....teach them how crooked and cold the world is....because its definitely aint no Hey Bay Bay World...Real Talk..

ILL rap about envy,politics,racism,jealousy,welfare,discrimation,the white house,anything real....I think niggaz will listen to these type of lyrics behind throwed azz tracks...

Not just me...Ill produce...many niggaz...a whole click..and we will teach the world through our music...Ill still spit fire on the mic....Real Fire Lyrics...
    test
  4. KSoundz

KSoundz New Member

i wouldnt say that that would be an easy task, talking about real shit like that. people just dont have the patience anymore. if you listen to radio, and the mainstream people, they arent too inclined or pursuaded by lyrics anymore, moreso focussed on dancing n having a good time. although there are people who do enjoy the realer shit now, you're not guarranteed to be on the radio because of what the industry chooses to put out. they obviously arent choosing lyrics, because theres alot of talented lyricists out there. notice how djs rarely put their needle on common's tracks. he has some very good music, and some potential singles. but the industry just isnt accepting it at the moment for some reason. perhaps that time will pass, but until then, you wont have much of a shot at getting signed unless your making wack ay bay bay ringtone singles which is usually guaranteed to make their money back.
    test
  5. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

nah man its all entertainment to me
    if u wanna rape a bitch im not trying to help you out there but if ur gonna get a beat from me and rap about it so be it.
    test
  6. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

KSoundz my goal isnt to make it big....be on the radio...Im living my dream right now....I make my own music....I alwayz wanted to do this....I make beats and I rap....

Fuck Radio Play...Dont mean shyt to me Pimp....I make music because I love doing it...If I just remain independent ....that would be cool to me....Ill push my own shyt....You want be able to find the fire B.K. spit in Walmart....Real Talk...my shyt will be available online or in person...Drop some at some records shops...like DJ Screw Record shop for instance....yes DJ Screw have a Record Shop here in Houston....his brother AL Dee runs it still today

Some underground niggaz out there making paper....just by being independent...

Just because the world doesnt know you....dont means you not paid....Real Talkology.....BKster....
    test
  7. KSoundz

KSoundz New Member

it all depends on the avenue you feel you want to take. If u wanna stay u/g thengo ahead and do that.
    test
  8. Allurre

Allurre New Member

Just be content/happy with where you are and what you have accomplished at the end of the day.
    test
  9. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

I've always thought about this. Thing is, most unsigned and unestablished rappers are too egotistical to ever take direction from somebody tellin them not to curse or anything unless it's a major producer. When I was makin my compilation album, I was thinkin about makin it all clean just so that adults and anybody else could listen to it.

Now if I rapped and produced, and had somebody on a song that was MY song, meaning "R-Tistic ft." then I wouldn't be cool with them dissin somebody else, whether I knew them or not, just because people get things mixed up a lot.

If I get back into producing though, I will try to make some songs completely clean just because some songs don't sound the same when you edit the words. And in my opinion, all of the great rappers could make a song with NO cursing at all, and you don't even realize it's clean until you try to find a curse word in it.
    test
  10. arkitek1

arkitek1 JKEYS DA BEAST

its a MUSIC BUSINESS...if it bothers your morals then maybe you should find another occupation.
    test
  11. _-Nick-Knox-_

_-Nick-Knox-_ WWW.NICK-KNOX.COM

amen to this.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.