Your Nutritional Regimen and Tips....

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by VishTaphney, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

I really dont know if you need 140 grams of protien a day....unless your on roids and are entering a bodybuilding tournement or want to put on a serious amount of weight....

Ya then you would need to take 1 gram per pound.

I have a food scale I put my food on the digital scale and it calculates my portions everytime i eat...

I usually wake up and eat oats and egg whites and a cup of milk or juice -I eat alot of carbs in the morning to help me energize for the day and I taper of carbs at dinner...try to cut out carbs before bed and focus mainly on protien but never eliminate carbs from your diet.

I always take fish oil before working out I take fishoil and have an avocado and like 30 grams of almonds shake.

Its easy the best is to buy chicken and get some tupperware if your out alot try to buy a cooler to leave in your car so you can bring your lunch with you so you can just warm it up in the tupperware.

A typical meal for me is chicken baked! with brown rice and greens.

I recommend only to have fish 3 times a week max due to the high mercury and the fish of choice for me is baked salmon filets...and sushi fresh tuna rolls cause they are wrapped in rice for a fast and even amount of carbs and protien after working out.

I eat steak like 3 times a weak usually porter house...

before bed I eat peanutbutter and jelly sandwhich in wheat bread.... and a cup of milk.

On workout days Ill drink a myoplex or muscle milk ready to drink before bed it slowly digests.

I dont believe in waking up and eating in the middle of night because sleep is too important never break your sleep cycle an un interupted sleep cycle helps you grow....if you can go to bed early do so, so you can wake up early and start eating first thing in the morning...train yourself to sleep early and get up early with at least 6-8 hours uninterupted sleep.

if that doesnt work take melatonin 45 minutes before bedtime but dont lie down do something like play video games or type on the computer you have to make yourself tired or else it wont work it takes like 30 to 50 minutes to kick in.

Also a good thing is to jog on the treadmill or do jump rope for a good 5 to 10 minutes so your heart is pounding and the blood is flowing right before you eat fruits it helps the vitamins get thru your body better for more absorbtion.

and try to supplerment with CEE creatine...not monohydrate.

it takes a couple weeks before you see gains...but gains dont appear over night, also after every lift you should develop a postive self image be confident and look in the mirror and alwasy imagine your growing and flex your muscle alot it helps you have to develop a good imagination and feel like your growing...dont surrond yourself around negativity cause you know the mind is a powerful thing when it comes to bodybuilding a good mental state helps you stay focused.

oh ya if you can get one of those CASIO or TIMEX watches those cheap ones with a TIMER! on them and wear them they dont cost much if your ashamed to be seen with one on your wrist then put it in your pocket or get a timer stopwatch that beeps...you need this so after every meal you set the timer for like 3 or 4 hours and it will beep when you need to eat...its a good reminder so you dont spend all day waiting to eat...so you can do other things and focus and then hear the alarm and then eat.

it works wonders trust me.
    test
  2. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

This is great advice but one question:

You said, you taper your carbs at dinner time (meaning you don't consume much carbs from that time until bedtime, right?) but then you go on to say, you eat a Peanut butter and jelly sandwich before bed with wheat bread which has its fair share of carbs.. whats up with that?
    test
  3. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

i never could take that much protein i take like 60 a day
    why should i use creatine esther instead of monohydrate?
    is mit more expensive?
    test
  4. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

Well That is my contest prep....I taper down carbs. but I dont fight anymore so I am trying to clean bulk...I am a hardgainer so its kinda different for me, my body burns food fast.

But when I am just trying to put lean muscle ill do that I still eat carbs but not as much, I always combine carbs with protien.

to me that peanut and jelly sandwich aint much with that milk remember during bed your burning calories.

Its like this

Ill eat a huge ass breakfast! a packet of oatmeal, fruits, Eggwhites I scale it so it gives me 25 grams of protien... and I will have chicken or steak in the morning.

This is at like 7 am or 6 am I cook my steak and chicken the night before I go to sleep so I just warm it up and cook it the next day.

I weight a good 2 hours for that to digest and then I make an avocado shake with some sugar and and almonds in side and take that with 2 fish oil capsules and green tea and then 1 hour later take my Creatine(swole v2 at the time)....and then workout 45 minutes later.
    Right after working out I take my RTD muscle milk or myoplex.

then I wait like 1 hour or 1 hour and 30 minutes and then eat my chicken or fish with steamed white rice or brown rice and veggies, usually brocolli or green beans, or brussel sprouts. I should be getting a good combo of carbs and protien.

I really dont eat more then 5 meals a day cause I believe the body needs time to digest the food so you get the full benifit of the nutrients.

I take 1 protien shake on non work out days, and 2 protien shakes on work out days I only buy the Ready to drink shakes cause I cant stomach the powder ones.

I havent been following my diet lately and blew up in weight mainly fat in my gut I have been busy with school I quit my job and hardly train but I recently started training light and moderate for about 3 weeks next week I will start my full routine again with some Creatine Xceed.
    test
  5. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

Creatine Ester is way better! it aint expensive you can buy some primaforce CEE for like 19 bucks online.

See Only a few people are responders to creatine monohydrate and they can give you a false feeling of accomplishment cause alot of people believed that it was working because they had fullness to their arms but it was mainly water retention and after going of mono they lost all that water weight.

and with mono you have a higher chance of messing up your liver cause of a loading phase thats the first week because mono doesnt absorb well in your body you have to saturate it.

CEE is a fast transporting creatine its basically creatine mono but with an ester the ester helps it transport so you get like the full benefit with out the bloating and side effects cause by the loading phase with mono.

There is tons of info just check online.
    test
  6. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

test
  7. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

ya man i cant wait to try it....hopefullly i dont get sick or bloated like with monohydrate.
    test
  8. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Thats a good diet Vish. By why do you take muscle milk right after the workout? It's slow absorbing, I think it's best before bed and can give you a solid 340-640 calories alone if you trying to clean bulk. i think calories is the most important aspect if your trying to bulk or mantain. You can still get good gains with less than a gram of protien per bodyweight IMO.
    test
  9. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

Well the reason I take MM after is cause its the only one I can stomach lol that and myoplex RTD.

I dont drink powders any more they make me puke.

I would rather shell out the extra bucks...I will buy some ISOPURE RTD's again cause its fast absorbing....at the begging of april cause I got a GNC gold card lol and they give you 20 percent off everything in the store the first 7 days of each month.

Ill stock up on those isopure I hope they have some RTD's Im lucky I got like 5 gncs around here and vitamin shoppes.

The only POWDER drink that works and this aint a joke...its pretty expensive but you can get it on Bulk nutrition for cheap is ERGOPHARM GF pro that stuff taste good mixes great and puts on muscle that is is the best whey isolate on the market in my opinion when I took that I felt the difference my muscles healed alot better too.

Also your correct about bulking its not the protien its the calories I really dont get bulking though it makes no sense to get fat and then cut...you can get lean muscle without bulking and build on that.

I really dont take that 140 or 150 grams of protien since I am not a hardcore weight lifter or body builder but if your trying to compete then take that much...I probally get 80 to 120 max of protien a day.... and I weigh 175 now mostly fat.
    test
  10. MagicDonJuan

MagicDonJuan Active Member

I'll try the CEE it seems the only one they sell @ gnc is BSN CellMass
    would you recommend it?
    test
  11. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

NOPE

I would get the GASPARI size on or something else BSN works but is way expensive.

You have to look in the store and check what they got man, if they have a vitaminworld or vitamin shoppe check what they got....

but you should really order your CEE online they have more selection and cheaper.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.