Your highest speed

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Crazy Boy, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

BUSA 1300... but 1200?!?!?!?
    test
  2. *Deuce Wilde*

*Deuce Wilde* aka stfu dave

got up to 95 or so in my piece-of-shit '94 plymouth acclaim... that was on the freeway, then right after i got off i was goin 68 in a 45 and got pulled over... i was thanking God he didn't see me goin 90+, dude let me off lol
    test
  3. Sprinta_01

Sprinta_01 can't deny the skillz....

which inline 6 is this? the RX7 or the Skyline?
    test
  4. Tigre

RX7, well the FD3 is a wankel rotary 1.3lt TT engine commonly referred to as 13B, the other engine was the 12A.

The RB is inline 6, like the 2jz. The most promising new I6 coming out though... the new E92 335i. Oh shit that bitch is going to be a nasty BMW.
    test
  5. Sprinta_01

got any specs on it?
    test
  6. Tigre

Well the 335i will come out the same time as the new 328i which will replace the 330ci out now. The 328i will be 0-60 in 6.2.

The 335i will be 0-60 in 5.2 with a 1/4 of about 13.5 which is almost identical to the MKVI Supra TT stock times. And if BMW does what I think they will, this bottom end will be pretty damn built proof, nowhere near teh same as the 2JZ, but good enough to support 600awhp without a problem on a stock block.

The BPU the 335i, and what low 12's with incredible 60ft capabilities cause of the AWD system. The problem is the automatic tranny. But then I guess Dinan will provide a tranny chip to be able to adjust gear ratios, as well as level 10 building a TQ converter to enhance a higher stall. But that is just speculation....

Bottom line this car should have the modifying ability to be quicker than the E46 M3 with just a chip. As well as adding a few more mods to be able to beat the new E92 M3. Should be very interesting to see.

Some Specs:

- Inline 6 Twin Turbo, 300hp 330lb tq.

- Intelligent BMW xDrive all-wheel drive system available for the first time in a coupe (not sure how I feel about this... Rather have RWD..ehhh need to test drive this to actually see how much feel the aWD takes away from the driving experience.)

- Xenon Adaptive headlights enhanced by four corona rings for characteristic BMW look
    - Exclusive interior with seating for four and an enhanced lighting package (big fucking deal)
    test
  7. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

Um Tig.... The new M3 is equipped with a 400hp V8 I believe :(
    test
  8. Kraylen

actually it was a 4 litre jeep engine..... and the RX7 does NOT have an inline-6
    test
  9. Tigre

that is true.. 4.0lt V8, but the 335i is the new performance model right under the E92 M3 coming out. But the 335i will be a few tenths of a second slower than the current e46 M3.
    test
  10. Kraylen

Really? hmmmmmmmmm.... the coupe is fucking hot... I got some spy photos.

but Im confused... the 335 BMW is twin turbo and AWD? *scratches head*
    test
  11. Tigre

YEah, the first time they used the AWD X-system on any coupe before. It is weird, but then after you think about it, it seem they did that so that it will not be faster than the current E46 M3. Because if they used the regular drive train for the 335, it should be lighter and give the advantage to the 335. And it seems the 335 will be pretty damn pricey, but still cheaper than buying a e46 M3.

So then BMW would be fucking themselves over almost like they did when they released the E46 M3 out 3 years before the E60 M5. Because at the time the E46 M3, was about 10g's cheaper and it became a better buy since the E46 M3 was faster around a track and down the 1/4. Although a little different since one is a 5 and the other is a 3 series, you get the point.
    test
  12. Sprinta_01

oh yea forgot all about that darn 1.3L rotary engine and it's high efficiency...
    test
  13. Kraylen

gh89p359pguioh im speechless....
    test
  14. {[A.R.B.]}

{[A.R.B.]} King Tres

i bought my EVO used(its an 03) and the only thing ive done to it is a BOV but ive done 159 in my evo with 5 people in the car(including the driver) prob could of did more but ran outta room on interstate.. what have u done to ur evo, im trading mine in for a 9 MR when the 10s come out
    test
  15. Tigre

you have a BOV on a EVO? Does it vent in the air or is it recirculated back. OR here is it a Greddy version, Forge, or HKS... I doubt you might have one of the other ones. If you vent into the atmosphere your performance is being sacrificed ... but enough of the EVO lessons for the day.

I have a Vinshu Stage shit or 2 something or rather EVO... only got Vinshu cause I know the vendor selling their products and got a great discount. Otherwise for the money I like Buschur.

EVhOe specs:

custom tuned vishnu xede
    hks 280 cams
    vishnu cam gears
    walbro 255 fuel pump
    vishnu tubo back exhaust
    Greddy FMIC
    GTS front & rear strut bars
    Tein S-Tech springs
    HKS SSQ BOV
    RPS carbon carbon clutch
    TRE Built Tranny <--- stock tranny is the absolute shittiest fucking transmission, clutch, and flywheel on the face of this earth. Fuck Mitsu for making a weak tranny on an AWD car.
    MBC @ 22psi
    and more....

As you can see I pretty much said Fuck off to Mitsu's warranty
    test
  16. {[A.R.B.]}

{[A.R.B.]} King Tres

yea i got the greddy type rs, i have it recirculating but i did have it vta for a lil bit jus for fun when mobbing with my friends.. yea im jus saving up right now for when i get my 9 MR yea i have a shep racing tranny waitin to go in my evo but im waiting for all my parts to get here before i put it in
    test
  17. Tigre

Why do you want an MR? I can't see spending an extra $4500 dollars on a car that is barely any faster and 6spd transmission... and to tell you the truth since you can talk down GSR Evo's it is more like 5500, 6000 dollars cheaper than an MR. To me the money difference is not worth it at all.

JSR Tranny huh.. Mr. DSM himself... great guy, good products.

Oh yeah anyone want to buy a Stg 2 Vinshu Evo??? Low mile track car... if not doesn't matter it will sell in a few weeks without much hastle.
    test
  18. {[A.R.B.]}

{[A.R.B.]} King Tres

hmm i was looking at the TRE trannys they look to be pretty good, hows the quality on them? also is it possible to do a mr tranny swap into a reg evo 8 to get the 6spd and 30/70 differential ability?
    test
  19. FórmÅl LôGíc

FórmÅl LôGíc Black Listed

130 in my dads rented 01 Celica, but 165 in my buddies 240 w/ slyvia upgrades. Drive that fast is childish though. Ive gotten past that stage.
    test
  20. Tigre

TRE tranny is great. I recommend TeamRip without a doubt. Great service, great product and quick delivery. For the avg person, it is well less than $2500. Although if I didn't get this ShepRacing built 6spd tranny was another option to go for, but the 6spd really doesn't mean much to me. Also, ACT would of been another option.

For the Evo VIII, fifth gear and sixth gear are almost the same, at 60 mph there's maybe a 100 rpm difference. The extra gear on the VIII MR is like an extra gear between 4 and 5. For the IX, they shortened the top gear so it's more like the IX has the same first five gears as the MR but the MR has an extra gear on top. As a result, the IX 5 speed is more responsive on a track but harder to live day to day with than the MR's 6 speed. In other words, the Evo IX 5 and 6 speed are almost the same on the track, but in terms of commuting than the 6spd would be helpful. With the VIII's, there is almost no difference on the highway between the 5 and 6 speed trannys. The 6 speed has a better action thanks to the teflon cables, but it's subtle at best. In the real world, there probably isn't any difference in strength/durability between the two. If it were me I'd try to get an MR instead of swapping, but I'm not particularly sad about having the 5 speed. Also the only good thing about the 6spd in the MR is that is engages smoother than the 5spd.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.