Your Favorite 15 rappers of ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

quoted for truth

n ether

[​IMG]
    test
  2. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

"and if you ever see a video for this shit, I'll prolly be dressed up like a mummy with my wrist slit.

wow, real bubble gum.

and i know Ig specifically has heard eminem's shit cause we've had this conversation several times
    test
  3. Mel Man

so you haven't heard all of krs work

ok, n Ig's heard all of em's, ok

Ig already winnin, not winning but jus has nothing to prove to you, while you should prove that you can actually describe KRS like Ig desrcibed em with some detail, not some "he yells alot n I respect him for bein a og" type shit..

n its not about lyrical content, but more so about the vibe of the song

Eminem spit soft over a soft beat on that shit

dope track imo but I can see why Ig would call it bubblegum, shock value raps over soft beats, ring a bell?? 1st singles??
    test
  4. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

So what you're saying is you hold a position but neither you or Ig can articulate that properly. Sounds like a personal problem.

If you believe the anti academia "culture" is worth expressing, that's on you I guess. But you are making assumptions that I'm okay with the status quo, just because I'm anti "ignant nigga shit". EVERYBODY should be anti ignant nigga shit. No snitchin? We all know that shouldn't be glorified. If someone shot my brother and I knew who it was, I'm not supposed to go to the police? Because of this counter culture that you want preserved? Sheeeeit.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I'm the furthest thing from inarticulate. Not now nor never.

With academia comes philosophy, ethics and morality. Genocide and ethnic cleansing may be mathematical, but it's not academic. Pursuing justice is a scholastic endeavor.

You reducing all this to a commercially viable, industry backed catch-phrase, the plot from Boondock Saints, and a Cam'ron youtube clip shows how little you see.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^^^Real you(s)... free, family, communal, learned, individual. Bonds you want and none that you don't

[​IMG]

^^^Even that hilarious douchebag is who he really wants to be, by proxy of real psychological identity, comprised of the benign and consciously adopted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^^^Fake you. A you that is mandated, coerced and pressured by standards, compliance, judgement, fear and madness. The you that you think is you, that you don't even want to be. The one you shed off whenever possible.

The only argument against being real is necessity, survival and an aversion to stagnation, to serve the ends of a streamlined civilization belied by it's own proliferation. Despite the success and seemingly noble "lesser of two evils" intent, the eradication of cultures and identities to facilitate the well being of the greater majority isn't really "right" in a moral sense, despite it generally being the only perceivable option in humanity's present state.
    test
  6. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Your points, while valid, are nothing that I even disagree with. The tertiary nature of what you say is frustrating. You're clearly articulate but you cannot for the life of you articulate the RELEVANT point.

The point that needs addressing.

What.

Is.

Your.

Criteria.

For.

A.

Real.

Emcee?
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Dope. Genuine. Art imitating life instead of life imitating art imitating life~. Someone who raps because they love it. Someone who pursues excellence and vision in their art, rather than intentionally rejecting the notion of excellence or acknowledging any precedence for it... or has to reject excellence in order to operate under a state of self deluded arrogance. Someone who's not intentionally, and without reason, antithetical or antagonistic to the medium as it's stood and as it is... or to the individuals that birthed it and practice it with real passion.

As opposed to someone who just gets on and goes "yo yo yo, i'm this and i'm that, i've got bitches and stacks, i think i can rap, give me some dap" and that's pretty much the long and short of everything they're about, in terms that are often less creative than normal speech... nah. That may be real to them, but it's real in the way TV is life experiences.

Same thing that makes a real holy man different from a slick talking, con-artist televangelist... makes your mom's homecooked meals, 5 star chef creations, and the humble offerings from an indigenous tribe different from Taco Bell and pink slime.

Get your elbows off the table and chew with your mouth closed. That's what dinner is. If you wanna hang upside down and piss in your own mouth while someone throws cheetos at your face... I don't know what that shit is, but it's not dinner.

Who this applies to and when, I can't pre-meditatively provide you with because I don't intentionally and consciously filter out much hip-hop with any reasons in mind. I don't have a list of wack rappers. I just know what separates the things I like the most from the preferences of detractors.

I can bold, color code, hyphenate and accent lyrics with symbols for days like mak on steroids and get all psuedo-mathematical like a 2001 netcee, but I'm not doin' that and that's not the whole story... it never is with delivery, flow, style, timing, meaning, subtext, context etc etc etc. I already type too much for 2013 and explaining why one bar is dope requires a poem unto itself.

test
  8. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

You're a strange fellow, sir.

All that to tell me "entirely subjective preference".

I can say however, that you're clever enough to have your definition loophole the hell out of the hypocrisy of not liking artists like Drake, by simply adding the word "dope" and thus leaving it up to your personal preference. Without that word, you'd simply have to like certain artists you hate by default. Or I suppose, simply find more convoluted justification not to.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. DJboutit

DJboutit Well-Known Member

Top 3 are on point rest are not in order

Nas
    2 Pac
    Scarface
    Bone Thugs
    Outkast
    Ice Cube
    Dre Dre
    Snoop
    Eazy E
    Ice T
    Too Short
    Master P
    Jay Z
    Biggie
    LL Cool J
    test
  10. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

So if it wasn't for the word dope, and for being dope itself, I would have to like rappers that aren't dope or being completely wack, or embody everything antithetical to greatness, to what hip-hop has always been, and what I personally stand for... I don't think that would happen.

Would you prefer the word great? Or just don't use adjectives, as not to incur the need to define the application of them?

All album reviews:

Nope. I'm not puttin' mediocre rappers above my own top 10 and redefining everything I know about lyricism and technique to allow for the "musician" loophole to apply to people who aren't even really musicians compared to the people who do fit that label in hip-hop with ease. Even if I enjoy listening to something like it's on the radio at work doesn't make it dope, regardless.
    test
  11. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

No need to be facetious if you're unable to grasp what I'm asking.

You don't *have* to do anything. I'm assuming that as a man you want to be intellectually honest. Your own definition of real requires you to respect artists you seem to hate. I'm just pointing out that fact.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Explain that. What artists do I hate, and how do they live up to my standards or give me what I want?

What... you gonna just post a song full of mediocre rap and think that it's amazing to anyone but you?
    test
  13. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

once again for the slow folk.

theres no point to bringing up krs one because there never was an argument. hes not in my top 15 because I dont really listen to his music. I heard 1 album and although hes a dope MC, I never cared to listen to much else. Theres tons of dope MCs that arent on my top 15.

and once again, I already brought up that he has a pop-like first single (because he likes to parody pop culture)

to judge Em's entire body of work on tracks like My Name Is and Just Lose it is like judging Nas' body of work on songs like You Owe Me and I Can.

its fucking stupid because the singles dont = the album.
    test
  14. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Try again on the grammatical correctness here, buddy.

Also, who DO you hate? I can certainly guess on what I know about you, but they'd merely be assumptions. And of course, the only point is thinking of artists that I actually like that you hate.

Rick Ross...and Wale. Probably good bets.

Hmm, Tyler the Creator. Mike Shinoda, nigga I don't know...I have a good ass idea though...*to be continued*
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I won't try again. I take creative liberties as I see fit to, and construct dense, articulate streams of consciousness within colloquially adaptive purple prose. My Baroque is very much alive and kicking.

The reason I gave you shit about capitalizing "delusions of grandeur" was to meet your accusation of arrogance with even greater arrogance, by noting that referencing any part of me with needless capitalization (even negatively) would only reinforce the notion that you view me as a patriarchal oppressor. It's what psychologists call a Freudian slip.

The reason I later made note of your usual habit of commenting on sentence structure was to make note of your hypocrisy in demanding intellectual opposition, but debasing it's merits upon being engaged by an overwhelming force and being unable to parse hip-hop on a similarly enlightened level.

What this means, is that you're not actually giving me a dose of my own medicine, you're just nitpicking and trolling.
    test
  16. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

I don't hate Rick Ross or Tyler the Creator. I've hardly ever listened to Wale. I might'a heard the dude on Ocarina of Rhyme. Just threw on a few youtube vids here from Ambition... eh, it's doable. Sabotage goes. I can see now why some of my more lame friends like him. I might listen to this sometime.

Mike Shinoda, I don't give a fuck about, but it was pretty laughable back in the early 2000's when people would say he was one of the best MC's or the best white rapper off the strength of like 4 verses that they kept posting.

You really keep that guy in mind? I could see, then, why you're semi-stuck on that "musical talent" rationale. I'd rather fuck with Zack De La Rocha for meaning, militance, method and energy... and the rare pseudo-rap of Anthony Keidis, for soul, if we're ever talking about that sphere of "rap"

Come to think of it, I don't think I hate any rappers. I just keep it moving and maybe come back later. I like some more than others. I might be one of the most multi-faceted people here. Problem is I'm dealing with haters and defragmenting irrational hatred towards all sorts of hip-hop artists in order to justify my more versatile comfort zones that I feel are less centered around stringent image priorities and sheltered world views.
    test
  17. Mel Man

lol

I Can>
    test