Your Favorite 15 rappers of ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

Nightmare is the one with the green jacket.

[​IMG]
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  2. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Look at his face. Even Kanye looks embarrassed to be in that picture.
    test
  3. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Dre hasn't produced all of Eminem's music... I like SSLP... I think that's his best album... but the rest of his albums I'm not feeling.

KRS doesn't really yell like that... he just over-enunciates. KRS in his prime is a GOAT contender... in fact, he's dominated top 5 GOAT discussions from '86-'93, at least.

Eminem's beats are bubblegum and his commercial singles are all bubblegum...

Why don't you like Gang Starr, EPMD, Wu Tang, Public Enemy, Showbiz & AG, etc.?

Eminem is a cat that I've always wanted to like, but I just can't get into his albums... I feel the same way about Ludacris and Jadakiss... actually Luda never really grabbed like that, but he does kill features every now and then.
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Would you date a woman with fake hair, fake eyes, fake tits, fake booty, etc.?

Or would you prefer a woman who's 100% real?

I'm a purist to the core... everything has to be real or I can't fuck wit it... I hear what you mean on the fallacy, but this is about feelin'.
    test
  5. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Man is crazy to compare KRS with Eminem. They are SO different that is crazy to compare them, they are in TOTAL different lanes.
    test
  6. the rhyme king 25

the rhyme king 25 Member

1.makaveli
    2. ras kass
    3. g rap
    4. nas
    5. eminem
    6. big punisher
    7. big l
    8. common sense
    9. rakim
    10. krs-one
    11. big daddy kane
    12. gza
    13. redman
    14. ice cube
    15. kurupt
    test
  7. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I'm not really comparing them, per se... I'm just wondering why dream doesn't have him as a favorite since he was inquiring about my Eminem exclusion.

Hence, why they're "favorites"... I'm cool with people saying Eminem is better, because I know what they mean... and I know where they're coming from... I just don't think they always know where I'm coming from and what I mean.
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

What I find weird, though, is Doug E. Fresh... his top 3 favorite emcees are Melle Mel, Caz and Kool Moe Dee.

I'm wondering why Slick Rick didn't make his holy trinity since it's obvious that he's a great and because that was his rhyme partner for years... Slick might be in his top 5, IDK... but I found it notable he's not in the top 3.
    test
  9. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Just because you feel something, however strongly, doesn't make it the case.

Also, define "real". Do you mean before 94' everybody lived every bar they spit and EVERYBODY post 94' is a fraud? Even if that were true, how do you know? Do you know all the rappers personally? Can you verify that KRS or Ice T have never spit one hypocritical thing? So do you automatically like Waka Flokka Flame? He REALLY lives the life he talks about. Him AND Gucci Mane. They are dangerous, street niggas....is their music better than, say, Game who we know to be a fraud ass nigga?

I'm not arguing anymore, I see you wanna have a dialog and I'm cool with that. So yea, how does being "real" play into making good music?
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

There nightmare goes again making stuff up and replying to his own assumptions so he can argue a point.

Ig just leave him alone, he doesnt understand hip hop and he never will.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  11. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

That is the thing, real gets used to mean something kind of different for many people here.....Ignorant has shown his def of real and stuck by it over the years, and I feel the same but I see the fact that this is entertainment and that whole side....that has to factor into my thoughts on things from how I listen to stuff now....Real is something that is misused like classic is.....
    test
  12. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

What I'm saying is, liking emcees just because they're "real" will almost always result in rampant hypocrisy. Like, what, is he digging into a rapper's biography before he ever listens to their debut album? It's silly to me, quality music is quality music.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  13. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Real is real, though. Like you can't call someone who's either not real, or never says real shit, real. You should enjoy whatever you enjoy, regardless of it's fallibility, but the word real has a meaning. It would be silly to concede the meaning of the word real to be all-inclusive, or to eliminate it entirely from the vocabulary of hip-hop, only because the middle-ground is difficult to define and stands shaky at best.

What is real, even? Nobody can even prove they exist, and that's like some 12 year old philosopher stuff... if you keep splitting hairs, you eventually end up bald. That can go either way, left or right, but you've gotta get a haircut at least.

Mother fuckers on crazy talk shows come out with real shit and I say "that's some real shit" even if their main objective is just to spin ppl into a frenzy, make money off a cult of personality, leave the radio booth and drive home in a $30-100k vehicle to a nice house and a trophy wife.

"I think. Therefore I am." I believe I'm real and real recognize real. Feel me?
    test
  14. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

all I'm saying is stop saying stuff thats not true. You cant say that all Em's beats are bubblegum just because the first single of most of his albums are bubblegum.

Now if this was someone else, I'd list a shit load of EMinem beats that arent bubble gum, but being the hip hop head that you are, I know you've heard all of his albums, cause anybody thats spent this much time on RM.com has heard all of Em's albums.

the feel of his beats and his music changes several times throughout any given album. thats a fact.

as for your next question:
    why dont I like Gangstar? I heard Hard to earn in 2007, (yeah, late make fun of me all u want) and it was the most boring shit I've ever heard... production wise (and I love premo) and vocal wise (Guru sounded like he recorded the entire album at 4 am)

EPMD- I like EPMD, just never really fell in love with their music...

wu tang- Ghostface is the shit... 36 chambers is dope... as a group I'm not really feelin them... method and Ghost seem to be the only ones with a pulse... excluding ODB, who just seems fucking retarded.

Public Enemy- Public Enemy is dope... well, chuck D is dope, flavor flav is retarded... but nothing really makes me want to put on "It takes a nation..." just on a whim

showbiz and AG- dont listen to them at all honestly... I know Big L shouts out showbiz constantly... but thats all I know.
    test
  15. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

No, nigga, I don't :chefwat:

What is "real" in the context of emcees? Real as in "really honest"? Drake is hated on more than anyone on this board and he's honest as fuck. Is bein a street nigga real? If so, why? BECAUSE they used to be criminals they have some sort of higher credibility in rap? That makes no sense. Or because they're true to who they are and refuse to change? Well that's destructive the niggas should be showing growth.

Is real, insightful? Having insight? So Ignorant is saying that nobody coming out now has true insight and somehow there's a magic line that let's niggas born in the 60s and 70s have ALL the insight?

The shit is so silly the apply to hip hop.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

drake is far from honest. common would whoop that niggas ass if they were in the same room while they were beefing.
    test
  17. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Oh? Explain.

lol the Common, Drake beef is hilarious. Lonnie vs. Aubrey....

Sounds like a fuckin cat fight. Don't act like Common ain't baby soft too.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Ignorant knows what he's saying and I know what I'm saying.

Like sanity and insanity, foreign and traditional... the line between a warrior class and an ever growing population of inmates is a matter of what culture is in power at the time. You seeing the humanization, representation and musings of those most at odds with order and establishment, as a destructive perpetuation of negative stereotypes rather than a counter culture that's trying to survive a cultural holocaust shows me that you do have a definition of realness: the creature comforts of a Roman society, and that which doesn't rock the boat with any aversion to it.
    test
  19. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

It's funny, why would you assume he's heard all of Em's albums when you clearly haven't heard all of KRS' albums

your blatant bias is see through and comes off as mad childish

Slim Shady was like a cartoon character at times, fun, playful, n shit...that was Em's nitch when he dropped SSLP n blew up, that goofy dude with an edge..he was raw don't get me wrong (Role Model, Bad Meets Evil,Still dont give a fuck, etc) but also had the softer side (My Name is, I'm Shady, Cum on Everybody) regardless of his content, the vibe is what matters, and this is a pattern on all of his work..

not to mention his new material

c'mon dogg, when Ig calls em bubblegum he got a point, especially considering the artists he listens too, you gotta take them I Love Eminem shades off n see some things from another view..
    test
  20. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

Your bias is also puzzling and apparant

It's like Drake that dude that represent you and your type, it's why you ride for him so hard, right or wrong? Or are you just some wannabe underdog ass nigga? Like the nigga that think he stand out but really a clone like the majority?

Common has stripes on wax, Drake doesn't...personally we don't know either so we can't speak on them..but considering Common went at Drake directly while Drake only sent subliminals says something...says a lot actually, the real usually challenge the fake, to see what is true and what's not...

both have gone through changes musically n lyrically...but I remember Common bein that street nigga who calmed down as he matured,,n Drake as the nigga who can't decide whether to make a love song or say he gon body a nigga on a track..
    test