Your Favorite 15 rappers of ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by thedream233, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

If i was still a child who made and compared lists.

And scene.
    test
  2. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

If you were a child, you'd be too busy molesting yourself and wouldn't be able to count to 10.
    test
  3. Thomas Huxley

Ok, so even as a child i still wouldn't have time for stupid lists.
    test
  4. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

If you made lists of things you needed to do, maybe you'd have more time. You've got time for this, I'm sure you've got all the time in the world.
    test
  5. Thomas Huxley

Bye bye.
    test
  6. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

I'll ignore the fact that the premise of your assertion is the No True Scotsman fallacy for a second (because people use that here a lot anyway), because I want to address this.

The idea that, if you don't enjoy something in something's infancy, that somehow you don't understand what it is at it's core is just erroneous. You're making un thought out assumptions about the other person and about hip hop to try and make this assertion. Assumption one is that there is a certain block of hip hop that you MUST like to be a true hip hop fan. This is not, and never will be correct. Assumption number two assumes that rap hasn't evolved. This assumption is transparently false so it's almost not even worth addressing but old school heads are really stubborn. I'ts pretty easy to be someone who likes stuff post 93' (around my cutoff point, give or take) and not really be feelin stuff before then. It evolved greatly.

Assumption three I think is the dumbest and most egregious, I think. In order to make this ridiculous assertion you have to assume that there is this magic point in history where ALL EMCEES ACROSS THE BOARD lost the level of "realness" that the older cats had. Again, this should simply be transparently false to anyone with critical thinking but it's all but accepted as fact by some. We're not talking about the dudes on the radio that get all the airplay, you have to assume all emcees from this era or 2000's era or 95-99 are simply lacking "something" that Ice T and Special Ed for some reason just had. This whole assertion is dumb.

I don't like old school hip hop but I'm definitely a hip hop fan and even enthusiast.
    test
  7. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

someone ban this faggot
    test
  8. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

perfect example of how this loser Thomas Huxley spends his 4th of July.
    test
  9. Mel Man

lmao...you a fraud who been exposed...

That's Ig's opinion n it strikes a nerve in you...you know he a og n your jus a lil punk...that's why you feel the need to justify yourself n your fake type...wow you a bitch

KRS>>>Slim...you stans are an embarrassment

btdub

you said it best though, you just a "fan", you don't live this shit
    test
  10. Mel Man

WHen this Krs/Em debate became an eminem discussion I quickly realized...

you don't and never did "really" listen to KRS...when a nigga don't like Em n tell you why you sound like that kid that jus found out santa clause don't exist n give stupid reasons as to why he does..

2 centz//
    test
  11. Thomas Huxley

I see you talking about me twamp. Starting to think you've got a thing for me x
    test
  12. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

says the guy who followed me here.
    test
  13. Thomas Huxley

Following you to read you like an open book.

Gossip girl
    test
  14. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

boring.

you're on ignore in this forum.
    test
  15. Thomas Huxley

test
  16. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

well it depends on what you mean by listen... dudes dope, but I'm not going to act like I've heard his whole discography. I have his self titled 1995 album... I listen to it every now and then... its good, but nothing really amazed me.

and I'm this argument with me and Ignorant about Eminem has been going on for years... I got no problem with someone not liking Em's music, but if you list something you dont like about someone's music, it has to be true...

I mean like I said before, you can hate em for being disgusting, perverted, disrespecting his mom, negativity... all that shit...

but dude is saying that Em was making bubblegum pop most of his career when he didnt really start making "pop" music till the mid 2000s with "ass like that" and "shake that" and that was him way past his prime.
    test
  17. Mel Man

I feel you

I like Em, he's dope but sometimes ya'll overrate him

n it's hard to deny he had cookie cutter content when you mention songs like that n even on his earlier works like that I'm Back track when he talk about fuckin J-Lo...even though that track wasn't pop, it was pretty dope

I would agree content like that was relevant to his career since he was popular n gettin labelled a pop act at times, doesn't excuse it though nor help his case whenn being compared to superior emcees like krs....same thing when he was underground he was rappin bout Detroit n raw emceein more..

it was all part of the wit that made Em great
    test
  18. Halfway_Crook

Halfway_Crook Well-Known Member

No order. And it's favourites:

Nas
    Eminem
    Royce Da 5'9"
    Lloyd Banks
    GZA
    Raekwon
    Cormega
    Rakim
    Biggie
    2Pac
    ATCQ
    AZ
    Kano
    RZA
    Prodigy
    test
  19. Mel Man

daamn thas a dopee list speciially cuz you got my niggaz pac, nas, n rza

P, GZA, Mega, AZ all underrated
    repped
    test
  20. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

Em was unquestionably the best rapper in the game for 2 years imo and one of the best a year or 2 either side. Everything he released after that period was disappointing, encore and bad meets evil 2 were both ok but not exactly goat material. Recovery and relapse were terrible 2/5 at best, anyone who thinks otherwise is an em stan or is looking for something strange from hip hop.

Hes on my favourites list because at the height of his talent he was my favourite rapper, im not hyped for anything he releases anymore though. I included luda and the only thing ive listened to from him in 5 years is his drake disses, its all relative to thier prime/when i was listening to them most and how much i was feeling them in that period. Ludas first 3 releases were dope as fuck, his 4th album was alright aswell then he fell the fuck off.

People need to remember these are favourite lists and not most highly rated, also its an all time list. If it was a favourites for now or the last 5 years my list would be different.
    test