Your fave game of the moment?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by GaLaTeA, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

There's bound to be game heads on here..

As the title says, which is/are your favourite game(s) currently?
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. Beatorious

Beatorious Member

Currently hm.

Crysis 3. The gameplay was very short thought but fun along the way. Amazing graphics. Haven't tried the Multiplayer part yet. You have to unlock abilities and you can get suit upgrades now.. And of course achievements are avalible to the game..

test
  3. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

I wish campaigns were longer or I was rich.
    2k13 is the only game I'm steadily playing.
    About to beat Hitman Absolution,
    and was playing Sleeping Dogs before that.

I was kicking ass in FFIV, but then a DIRTY ass cave came up and I've retired my 3ds for the moment.
    test
  4. LBFHBMRBA

LBFHBMRBA Fuck Yo Couch Nigga

I'm gonna say Grand Theft Auto IV. I mostly just play sports games, an occasional fighting game (ie Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat/Tekken) and the Grand Theft Auto series.
    test
  5. LungZzZ

Favorite game(s) have to have been FarCry 3 and Sleeping Dogs though in the past couple months,
    I recommend those to anyone who enjoys brutal murder, drugs and stealth.

What are you playing right now Galatea?
    test
  6. HANNAHMONTANA

HANNAHMONTANA New Member

deus ex: human revolution and the witcher 2 have been the best triple a releases in the last couple years. dark souls is awesome but would have been my best if the online was a bit smoother mechanically
    test
  7. nycpokerclub

nycpokerclub New Member

Looks sick
    test
  8. AntOne1

AntOne1 O.G. Status

What's the hit man game like? As good as the previous ones?
    test
  9. DefKnotEmo

DefKnotEmo G.R.G.

I have had a xbox forever, but I got a ps3 a year ago so Ive been going through all the exclusives. Right now im playing resistance:fall of man and loving it.
    test
  10. Geedorah

Geedorah King

PES 2013 and DDO.
    test
  11. LungZzZ

I guess I'm glad I bought it, it was cheap for a New game.
    The other Hitman games I gel with MUCH more, only because they were very traditional;
    Your a hitman, don't be caught killing, and KILL, in creative ways sometimes.

The don't get caught killing, killing, and creativity are still within the game,
    but you've gone rogue for issues I won't spoil,
    so your essentially like a REALLY bad-ass dude going around fucking shit up.

There are some cool missions fans of the series should like,
    getting back your Silver Ballers back was one of the coolest missions I've played in a Hitman Series, I really liked their idea for it.
    And the StripClub was jokes as well.

Again not too LONG of a game,
    I am playing this game like once every 2 weeks to make it last!

Some missions break up into 2 parts as well to make them longer.
    test
  12. LungZzZ

Can't remember which Resistance I played,
    I just remember the main character turned into a Star Wars Character.

I think I played 2.
    Decent game still.
    test
  13. Pyronoa Zoro

Pyronoa Zoro Demon Cutter

Mass Effect 3 MP...steady free mp dlc has kept me playing it for over a year now.

About to finish Dishonored, great game. even though it's a short game I've only been able to play about a mission a week. Adulthood.

Would usually be a PES game too, but haven't gotten 2013 yet.
    test
  14. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

just replayed FFXlll

all types of awesome... not enough time to play it though. (does paying my friends little boy to grind out points for me make me a bad person? child labour .. :Z)
    test
  15. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Been alternating between playing Metal Gear Rising and Devil May Cry...but Rising is by far the game I like better.

Before that I was playing the shit out of XCOM.
    test
  16. Pyronoa Zoro

Pyronoa Zoro Demon Cutter

I can't wait for Steam to have Xcom on sale for 75% off(i feel it coming pretty soon).

I've been fiending for a good strategy sp campaign. civ isn't cutting it. heroes v would suffice.
    test
  17. Katastrofik

Katastrofik THE SOUND OF L.I

Been playing old school n64 joints lol
    test
  18. NaSh

NaSh o_

Far Cry 3
    Hitman
    FIFA 13

Sent by a Carrier Pigeon called Geoff
    test
  19. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

I'm an old school Pokemaniac, but not too old school. So like, Pokemon Emerald.

Medabots for the GBA was pretty good actually. It had a nice, thick storyline. Though it was railroaded a strong bit. It's fighting system was novel and didn't get boring, and required quite a bit of strategy. Fun characters, and a OCD nabbing collection feature makes it solid all around. Not a lot of replayability though.

I torrented Planescape Torment because I heard it would be good. It's got a lot of things I like in an RPG. But it's got a lot of things I don't like. I gave up on it because I felt I wasn't getting anywhere.

So now I'm playing Icewind Dale II. I damn near spent a whole week just on the character creation screen. I love that in games, where designing the character takes up half of your play time. So right now I got a small band of all drow women of various classes.

The greatest games ever though will always be Fallout and Fallout 2. To the nine hecks with Fallout 3 and New Vegas I say (though I played New Vegas, it wasn't bad, but it was bland and couldn't compare.) Just the flavor and unique world of Fallout with it's incredibly dark humor, over the top sense of humor, various in-jokes, mixed with an open sand box world hinged around one main quest, and countless mini-quests. I played them both a few years back for the umpteenth time, and I was STILL finding new things (Like Brain from Pinky and the Brain.)

For JRPGs I could never get into Final Fantasy. I was never rich enough or could afford a PS1. By the time I had a PS2, I wasn't interested. And the old SNES games I just couldn't play for more than five minutes. But I absolutely love Chrono Trigger. A game with elemental strategic fighting, a well rounded cast of characters, good humor, grand storyline, and grinding is never really an issue. In fact, I would argue Chrono Trigger spoiled the JRPG genre for me as none could ever possibly compare to it.

There are two others I've given a shot, but never completed. Romancing Saga 3, it was fun for the most part. But it's hard with it's initial grinding and I always get caught up in a dungeon attacking the same monsters over and over. I don't even notice it's lack of storyline due to being so open ended. The other is Sailor Moon, which was only released in Japan, but (like Romancing Saga 3, in fact) there is an English translation for emulation. I loved it because I could go back into a world I hadn't been a part of since I was a young one. But somewhere along the way in playing it, the monsters got way extremely too difficult for me to progress, so I gave up.

I played Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It was OK. Seriously, just OK. It wasn't all that and a bag of chips. The original Deus Ex on the other hand, was simply breathe taking. Like the infinity engine games I mentioned before, Deus Ex is also using an outdated system of the Unreal Engine. But it doesn't detract from it. Sure, it might not have super fancy realistic graphics and physics but you gotta stop and think for a second... all the new games that do... they all kind of sort of suck. Deus Ex is an FPS with a real actual story. Not simply a premise to shoot things. It might not have the replayability of the Fallout games, but it certainly ranks up as one of those games you'll want to try and try again. It's got a unique (at the time) RPG style system of ranks and skills. Making it so one time you play, you'll be a killing machie, and the next, you're a master theif. At the time it came out, it was innovative.

Now, I'm the first to talk a lot of shit about new school games. Anything less than ten years old probably isn't worth my time. But every so often, there are one or two games that blow me away. On a whim, I played Dragon Age 2 and I fell in love. I'm not a big fan of generic fantasy genre, which this was. But that was OK... because aside from having amazing intuitive and actually fun gameplay, it was positively marked with an immense and amazingly huge storyline. But more important than that... the characters. More than just as romance options, I fell in love with them. Except for blonde haired mage guy, I hated that hypocritical twerp. It made me happy to be able to kill him at the end. The best part is, while I don't know this for a fact but I can't wait to someday find out... the original Dragon Age was even better.

I'm not too big of a fan of racing games. I really liked Star Wars: Podracer for the 64. It was unique, intense,and all around fun. It gave me immense pleasure and sometimes I would turn myself around on a track and play it backwards just so I could zone out and play at my leisure. Two other racing games I liked were for the Super Nintendo. Rock and Roll Racing and Biker Mice From Mars. Both were isometric and involved various attacks, both were flawless for their day and age and are still fun to play.

Fighting games are really hit or miss with me. It's hard for me to warrent spending time learning all these different moves for various characters. I really liked the Bloody Roar series. Mortal Kombat Armageddon I liked for it's character creation, but it really sank on the "create-a-fatality" feature. Still, it was a huge undertaking to warrant having nearly ever Kombatant from the series on one stage. The original Mortal Kombat though is unbeatable. Also unbeatable is me when I'm playing Scorpion. Street Fighter was good too. I remember when I was little stealing a copy from one of my brother's friends just because I couldn't get enough of it. Interestingly enough, another fighting game that hit with me was Shaq Fu, featuring nobody's favorite basket ball star and movie actor, Shaquille O'Neil.

Then of course there is Sonic the Hedgehog. Numbers one, two, three, and Sonic and Knuckles respectively. I heard Sonic CD was good too, but I never played it. I just know that after the formula was broken, our poor boy blue really fell off hard. Dr. Robotnik in Sonic 2 had to be the hardest boss in any game. Ever.

The Commodore 64 is a pretty underrated system for those of you who aren't old enough to remember it. But for me it was the first computer I ever had. It had some good games at the time, Airborne Ranger, Pirates, Wasteland. But the one I'm most fond of was Lode Runner. It's level creation system wa unprecedented at the time. Something that wouldn't be as well enjoyed until Starcraft's map editor. Starcraft, I might add, is the pinnacle of RTS games. Though I preferred Warcraft III, I feel I'm alone in that sentiment.

I could go on... Pirates! Gold, Maximum Carnage, Astyanix, the original Metal Gear, Skate or Die, Hard Drivin', F-22 Interceptor, Afterburn etc. But I digress. I have no favorite game, there is just too many.
    test
  20. BEEF Z

BEEF Z New Member

Fifa 13
    Played Dead Island again and all the Gears leading upto the new games
    Re playing the Witcher 2
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.