Your Fav' Site(s) to promote your beats?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Definit, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Definit

Definit Based.

im trying to get a general idea to what people are using and what ones they Like the most to what ones everyone dislike.

i know soundclick was good for yrs. untill they reformatted the sites appearence. and also the emergance of Myspace and other sites, right now it seems like there's a few out there it just seems spread out.

forgive me im kind of new to all this online beat sales. the last few yrs i've been working hard at my regular day job which left me with no time to do anything online and i was so wrapped up in the local scene (that got me nowhere) i had no time to actually do some music business online...i attempted a few yrs ago before i got my job...but it never turned into anything...so im making a re-attempt at this and going at this with full dedication....if anyone would like to help me out on getting started it would be appreaciated...and if you have any tips on this it would be great. i've been building my own Flash site the past few months and i want to get things dropping with in the month...
    test
  2. ni6apinoflavord

ni6apinoflavord aka beatboss

test
  3. Nasty Chopz

Nasty Chopz ••••••

yea myspace soundclick dont do shit for me anymore
    test
  4. Sho-Down

Sho-Down RockItPro.com

Shit's changed since I was heavy into it so I'm in the same boat. Seems like Myspace is the way to go these days, Google Adwords works ok, it's according to what you spend a day, buying links from places like Adbrite is decent also.
    test
  5. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Mr.BYTCH KILLA Hater Abolisher

I plan to use soundclick & Myspace...then maybe even search google for some more sites that I could sell my tracks....In my opinion If you have alot of sites to sell your sounds you have a better chance at people buying your tracks...

What yall think?.....B.K.
    test
  6. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

it dont matter where its played at as far as selling its a numbers game...

talent also plays part in your conversion rate
    which means it dont matter if you signed up for every beat selling site there was you still wouldnt sell anything
    test
  7. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

True That....If u got skills ...you got skills...I agree...build a name for yo self...I feel ya...that why im studying teaching myself fuckin with reason 4.0 and FL7 Studio...I gotta get better...The sky is the limit...Yall say do me ...thats what im going to do...B.K.

Stay Up Hit..
    test
  8. Hitman J

test
  9. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

What's Funny Pimp...?..
    test
  10. Hitman J

I'm just wondering if you really are being yourself when you type all the shit you do or you intentionally doin it on purpose to be funny or somethin lol
    test
  11. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Naw its all real here Hitman....I really do study Reason and FL7 for myself....No bullshit.......Im being myself..
    test
  12. M.U.R.K.

M.U.R.K. AKA RawwaR mutha Fukas

im about to do a full on myspace makeover with one of my music partners. Myspace now a days seems like the front runner for music. as i know you all know, major labels and artists put their myspace site on the back of cds and in their booklets now.. thats pretty major... you dont see soundclick on the back now do ya?
    test
  13. Definit

Definit Based.

yeah gotta point there...^

i think its easier to reach alot more people out there with Myspace then anywhere else cuz its a larger group...its almost like mp3.com used to be....but times that by about 1000...cuz theres more then just artists...seems like everyone has a myspace now days...i think i'll run most my promoting thru that...and try to figure out a way where i can sell them directly off there with something integrated maybe where there's direct download after pay...i have no idea really...but if no way for that then maybe a link directing them to a place for something thats direct download after pay...i think thats my main focus towards selling the beats cuz i hate the hassle of reading every email and the thought of uploading beats all day to people is to time consuming especially when i could be making more beats and searching for new promotional tactic's....time is limited...thats why direct download is the key to everything moving easier and User friendly.

anybody got ideas on that let me know whats up with it.

and to Sho, i've checked out google adwords...havent done anything with that yet mainly cuz i havent dropped my main site yet...kind of on the stand still with it...im gonna check out adbrite though, havent heard of it till now...thanx for the info like always, stay up.
    test
  14. MgTheFuture

MgTheFuture Music is my life

Still soundclick, with a touch of myspace

ive been more succesful locally, honestly...i tell people i meet to goto my site to buy the beats

then they come over on the weekend to record to it
    test
  15. RiggsofHTI

RiggsofHTI New Member

soundclick will get u alot of sales
    test
  16. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

I started my myspace page last night....Ive started me a music store....now all I need is a throwed azz web designer to do my page....or I may just learn and do it myself.....

Im going to sell beats and sell my music....I don't have any songs up for sell at the time but they will be....and priced at a nice price...

Its Going Down Pimps....Check Out my Myspace...its not finished but its started....

the link is in my sig.....Thanks...B.K.
    test
  17. B. Ave Beats

B. Ave Beats Beyond Average

I use Soundclick and Myspace. No lie, a week after putting my Soundclick page up I sold a beat. Sometimes, things happen for people. But I also use Myspace, I haven't done anything to the page yet as some of you know but I plan to have a crazy layout.

It's all about how you promote your music, it doesn't matter what site it is. If you want it bad enough, you'll do what it takes to get it.

Like, some of the producers here are using PMP and their own Websites to make beats. I plan to get a website one day but I still have time to grow and get a name for myself and now I'm using Myspace to get a buzz out in the streets.
    test
  18. SoulBoy

SoulBoy Bitch wheres my Grammy

Regardless that doesn't make it any less viable a place to promote your music. The best? Maybe not. Useful? Definantly.
    test
  19. Mr.BYTCH KILLA

Pimp you said a mouthful with just that one line....I Feel Ya...

Statements like these just add gas to the fire inside me....Real Talk...B.K.
    test
  20. B. Ave Beats

B. Ave Beats Beyond Average

It's just the truth my dude. Some people think just because they have hot music they'll make it big. Nigga, you'll go nowhere sitting on your mother old ass sofa.

Get out there and grind, even if it means giving free beats to local acts to get out there. Trust me, you're not just going to sell a track like that. You have to crawl before you can run. Yes I said "run" and not "walk" forget a walk. That's to slow, you want to move pass the walkers.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.