Your choice for a setup in 2010

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by R-Tistic, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

What would be your top choices for a setup if you were to upgrade right now? For those of you that have recently upgraded, what did you get?

I have been away from producing for the last few years and focused on DJing, but I plan on getting back into it, even if it's just as a hobby. The last piece I had was the Motif ES Rack and used it with Cubase, but I think I want to try something different this time. The most important thing for me is the sounds, and I prefer something that has good synth sounds versus the typical rave/techno sounds that most pieces seem to have. I still want to compose and sequence in Cubase.
    test
  2. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Man, on the real there is no hardware ROM based synth that sounds better than Kontakt 4. For Synths Massive is pretty versatile as well as Reaktor. If you want a more basic synth try something Like Arturia's Minimoog, or Prophet V. You said you werent looking for the techno Rave sound so I wont really name everyone's "favorite's" right now. Ableton Live is the business for sequencing these days if you learn how to use it.
    test
  3. nwo504

nwo504 Rawtunez

Everything in my "studio" should be upgraded. my keyboard wont play certain keys the backlight on my preamp went out and I wanna throw away my mpd16.
    test
  4. R-Tistic

You know I still gotta head out there one night...I feel like I'm way behind with everything right now. What do you use to play your drums?
    test
  5. R-Tistic

What's wrong with the MPD?
    test
  6. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

I dont live on Mars homie, im a 35 minute drive South on the 405 in the evening time...... For drums Im perfectly fine with using Native Instruments Battery, or Ableton's Drum Racks + a Keyboard or MPD Pad Controller. Im not so picky these days honestly.
    test
  7. 1ne Moor

1ne Moor New Member

kinda got a love jones for that quad core Imac...need to get up on Logic (have had 8 since it came out but my powerbook has no room on the drive), already a BEAST with Reason so i may wanna rock with Record so i can intergrate the two) An MPC 2000 prolly JUST for aesthetics lol...and an ass and a half of vinyl and of course a turntable and a mixer and a better interface(maybe profire or focusrite saffire)
    test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

nowadays its all about software synths. the last good hardware synths and samplers to drop came out in 2007. Most people these days are using Logic, Fruity Loops, Reason, or Ableton. As for me in 2010 I just want to buy a dope computer so that I can have an easier time mixing and editing my tracks becuase some of these plug ins hit the cpu hard. other than that maybe adding the 8 outs to my mpc 2000 and a zip drive and I am straight.
    test
  9. Pontus

Pontus _________________________

i just want to start producing period. Been wanting to for years but im just not in a position right now financially to be able to buy that kind of equipment... =(.
    test
  10. 1ne Moor

1ne Moor New Member

get a real bad ass computer and logic and a interface and some decent studio monitors and of course the cables and maybe a 100 dollar midi controller for about 2k and u got what i need to get started...

Rap Beats | Free Beat | Hip-Hop Instrumentals
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.