you wouldnt know u were doing wrong without the law

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

what's the difference?
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

if you need a tablet to tell you killing your neighboor is wrong then youre fucked up and should be committed
    test
  3. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

The Law was not given to shed light on sin, sin had existed since Adam and Eve, generations before the Law was given.

Genesis 4:6-7 KJV

And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

The Law was given to set Israel apart from the nations. Those same nations had legal codes similar to the Law. Hence, the Law does not act as my reminder, but rather, my accuser. Cain knew killing his brother was sinful, he didn't need a statement written on stone tablets.

Your original statement shows a lack of respect for humanity. We were created in the image of God, therefore, we have the qualities of God that manifest finitely. Specifically, we have the ability to differentiate between right and wrong independant of any revelations from God. In effect, the Law is our Accuser, or, rather, the Israelites accuser.

Luke 16:29-31 KJV

Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

In short, humanity has been ingrained with morailty since the beginning. Sin has been present and active since the Fall of Man.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.