you wouldnt go to hell for unbelief

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Ud go cus of sin. By not accepting Christ there is no sacrifice sufficent to cover ur sin.
    So its not a don't believe go to hell thing. It's a sin/hell thing.
    test
  2. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

but everybody sins. so ur "bcuz of sin" arguement is 100% in every case going to happen. so unbelief will still be the reason at the end of the day
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

Right. Cus the wages of sin is death. The blood provides forgiveness of sin.
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Baptism by water is required to make it into Heaven.
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

test
  6. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

baptism is required to make it to heaven if ur catholic
    test
  7. x calibur

x calibur

so if you're a righteous unbeliever, you could still go to heaven?

also, if you profess a belief in Christ, but remain in sinful ways, could you still go to hell?

I would think that you must live by the faith in order to be truly saved.
    test
  8. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Have you not been baptized or something?
    test
  9. PerfectoUnoJr

PerfectoUnoJr RM Jobber

It's a touchy subject because, according the Bible, you're not saved by a certain way of living. At the same time, however, if you have truly "repented" you will live by the faith.

The thought as it usually goes is belief/confession of faith ---->repent----->baptism. Some Christians today think your saved by belief itself while historically it was believed you had to do all three to be saved. Most, today, don't think you have to get baptized but that you really, really should.
    test
  10. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Most don't think you have to get baptized? Really. How do you know this? Seems quite unlikely that this is the case to me. I challenge you find information that supports your claim. I don't need to see the info, I'd just like to put you to the task to make assertions that you actually believe and have good reason for, other than just making stuff up.
    test
  11. PerfectoUnoJr

PerfectoUnoJr RM Jobber

This is a very fair request. The easiest way I can do this is by looking it up by denomination. Bear in mind, I was referring to protestants and my data reflects this.

A Comparative Chart of Christian Beliefs

The above website is a Catholic listing of basic denominational differences between them (catholics) and those denominations. Second from the bottom lies the statement: "Baptism is normatively necessary for salvation." Out of those, Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians and Evangelicals were found not to hold that belief.

Also, as a reference, I'm a little over a year away from getting a bachelors in theology.
    test
  12. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I wasn't aware that you were referring just to the protestants which was mainly the reason I came out of the woodworks. Since you've pointed this out, I guess it makes the best sense to me to just let it slide.

Thanks for providing the information, I actually wasn't aware that nearly all the big protestant denominations believed it wasn't necessary. I knew the Lutherans believed it was necessary, and assumed the Anglicans would too. Wow @ Presbyterians, they lean way further in the direction opposite of what I'd have thought.

Well, I really hope you stick around. Sure I can learn some stuff from you.

Have you read The Philokalia, Volume 4? Pretty good book, hope you get the time if you have not. You would enjoy it.
    test
  13. PerfectoUnoJr

PerfectoUnoJr RM Jobber

I have not. I might peruse it one of these days as it interests me more than the other three (four if you count the one that isn't translated into english).

Sorry for the miscommunication. I'll try to be clearer, next time :)
    test
  14. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Well just the concept of going to hell for either non belief OR sin is immoral anyway, which is one of the reasons that the Abrahamic god is petty and stupid and clearly manufactured by people who were not divinely inspired. Infinite punishment for finite mistakes and decisions? Believer or not you should be all kinds of thankful that it's not how things work in reality.
    test
  15. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

This is just silly.
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

It's not required. It's good to show dedication but it won't keep u out of heaven. "Whoever so believith with their heart and profess with their mouth will be saved' - Jesus
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

your good works can't get u to heaven. But technically if u were sinLESS yes. But allen have sinned hence why all need a savior.

If u became Christian and denounced yes. But it say Jesus is married to the backslider.
    Paul was a mass murderer, he killed Christians. Moses killed two people as well.
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

I have. By choice tho. It's not required.
    test
  19. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

that's not debatable. according to catholic religion, we are all born with original sin bcuz of adam and eve, so baptism is REQUIRED to GET INTO HEAVEN so you are cleansed of this orginial sin. maybe ur religion says different but i was referring to catecism
    test
  20. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

And you are free to believe that, but many Christians believe that it is required. In fact, the Orthodox Church believes that baptism is not just symbolic, but that it is a real supernatural transformation which takes place, uniting you with Christ in his death, burial, and resurrection. They also work by the assumption that baptisms might not be valid until you have joined the Orthodox Church. This does not mean they consider the act of baptizing outside of the Orthodox Church as being insufficient, just that they treat it as though it doesn't hold any water until you have joined them.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.