You Want a Stronger Jaw?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by VishTaphney, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

Work out with a mouthpiece...but the kind with a breath hole in the middle.

I never had a strong jaw before and I wondered How I developed a wide jaw and strong muscles in it....I used to always work out with a mouthpiece everyday it became a habit...so i used it in weighttraining you know when your arms are painful and your pushing those last reps from each set you let out a yell or bite down on your teeth and clinch hard? well I would always clinch hard on my mouthpiece when lifting weights...I put the mouth piece in because I almost bit my tongue when clenching my jaw.

Everyday with a mouth piece I worked out it helped save my teeth and my tongue but i developed a hard jaw.
    test
  2. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

I suggest the BrainPad they cost like 12.99 -24.99 depending on type but they are the best they use them in football and boxing. Only get the ones where you can breath in the middle otherwise you will pass out lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  3. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2bVOQlLGdQ

^look like im not hte only one who uses the mouthpiece technique! lol This japanese bodybuilder does it too not sure what he is saying but in the beggining around 50 seconds in he points to his jaw and then you see how strong his jaw looks when he does squats with a mouthpiece.
    test
  4. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I used a Brainpad for boxing, the black one.
    test
  5. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

ya they are pretty good try them with weight lifting when you grunt...and bite down hard within a few months your face will look strong its how i lost alot of bloatedness on my face from the creatine....and my jaw got strong as hell...sorta like brad pitts.
    test
  6. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Cool, you get 6 thousand dollars for buying a mouthpiece.
    test
  7. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

test
  8. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

naw thats the insurance lol
    test
  9. Hotsauce X

Hotsauce X New Member

how about chewing alot of gum everyday
    test
  10. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

that would work but the downside is it would detioriate your teeth with all the sugar.
    test
  11. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

yeah Ive used those alot..

boxed alot in calgary alberta

35 - 3 - 0

yeah
    test
  12. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

i am starting to prefer the single piece mouth guards cause biting down on the doubles makes me wanna pass out for some reason its tough...

people overlook jaw strength when it comes to fighting they dont realize how important it is an biting down on a mouth piece when working out even just hitting the heavybag helps the neck stabilizers as well.
    test
  13. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

^how do we tell the diff between a single and double piece?
    test
  14. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

the single piece doesnt have a gaurd on te bottom its just for the top...the double guards the bottom as well....

i posted pics of doubles.

single is basic.
    test
  15. Mc Witha Temper

Mc Witha Temper New Member

how would know if you have a strong jaw allready?
    test
  16. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

I'm gonna have to try this out...I always wear a mouthpiece when training, regardless if it's sparring, hitting the bags/pads or just grappling...I usually wear it when doing cardio as well, never tried it during weight lifting...it will help me breathe properly too, but i'll probably sound/look stupid in the gym...
    test
  17. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I've been using the mouth piece when I do squats. I'll let anyone know if my jaw muscles enlarge in the next couple months
    test
  18. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

naw trust me alot of people use mouth piece while training but the difference is are you biting down on it when you do hard reps like squats? id suggest using the mouth piece 3 times a week since your jaw muscles need to recover.

a good thing to do is after working out do reps and then bite down hard after each set and hold as long as you can and then rest like 2 minutes and do another set for reps...i do about 3-4 sets 3 times a week.

you can tell if your jaw is strong if u use the brain pad and its not painful biting down on it...if you can squeeze those down and feel the muscles on the side of your jaw hard as hell then you doing your job.

kinda like when you use grippers for grip strength.

id suggest using a smaller mouth piece and not the one you use for fighting cause you might wear that one down...you can buy a brain pad or a singlet mouth piece for cheap and use those.
    test
  19. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

they will feel harder...some guys jaw muscles dont enlarge...you have to do reps and sets after your workout and only do it 3 times a week cause jaw muscles are like every other muscle they need to recover too.
    test
  20. Flay!

Flay! New Member

Sorry for replying to an year old topic but I wanted to ask. My jaw is a bit oval shaped and I really want it to be stronger (like brad pitts lol), do you think I'd benefit from using a mouthpiece during weight lifting? I'm 21.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.