You think the rap industry will be more multi-racial in the future?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by RedMaster, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedMaster

RedMaster Epic Butt sucka

I mean, look at hip-hop 20 years ago......you'll barely see any other races besides black people, cuz it's a black-dominated industry......well, you'll have the random one or two or sometimes as many as three (Beastie Boys) white boys in the scene, but not that many......

Which in comparison to today.....there's..........uh.....still not that many white boys.
    A couple of hispanics. And one asian kid. and....that's about it.

What you all think? Will they allow more people from other ethnic backgrounds to be included in the mainstream culture of rap?
    test
  2. Da New Kid

Da New Kid New

Hell Yeah, man...

I was just in Colombia a month ago and y'all should see how strong its the movement out there... Niqqaz die for the culture....

Now here in the US... you can go to an asian hood, niqqaz is rappin', spanish hood, niqqaz is rappin, white hoods, niqqaz is rappin....

Hip hop is so universal now... In less than 10 years rap is gonna be the most commercial genere of music in the whole world....
    test
  3. Blemickis

Blemickis I get computers puting

I think in 10 years rap won't even be popular anymore
    test
  4. RedMaster

Explain.
    test
  5. LikeWise3001

LikeWise3001 I crush alot

i hope not, i dont want to hear what any white guys have to say....

eminem is enough, unless they are as good as eminem...i dont wanna hear'em.

as far as latinos...i'd like to hear more latinos but not too many either...

any other races..... shit is silly... i dont wanna hear'em.

and im speaking on RAPPERS only....

cause alot of other races make dope producers, djs, etc....
    test
  6. RedMaster

That's actually true. Well then what about people from other countries.....like, you'd rather just listen to American rappers or what? Cuz what if there's an African rapper from Zimbabwe, will you listen to him just cuz he's black? Or do they have to speak english......
    test
  7. Prime Evil

Prime Evil Registered Abuser

y'all americans are backwards...

here in europe there are bout as many black emcees as there are white ones...

and wtf at these type of comments:

you're a fucking idiot...and anybody who thinks like this.
    test
  8. LikeWise3001

^^shut the fuck up....foreigner.

and redmaster....yeah, I was talking about Americans...if you dont speak english, you sound silly as fuck....with the only exception being latinos....(no im not a big fan of spanish rap)

but speaking english isnt the only criteria....if you're from europe and you speak english, I still dont want to hear you cause you sound dumb as fuck and its a whole different world from America...so, your struggles/views/style/grammar/outlook on life is entirely different....

hiphop started in the US and Im from the US so I only want to hear someone who is from the US.
    test
  9. CBA

CBA Guest

Rap is already dead.
    test
  10. LikeWise3001

rap is dead...shutup...

hiphop is making more money then ever and its all over the place, its not dead.

creativity in 'rap' is dead.
    but not the culture.
    test
  11. CBA

CBA Guest

you kid, are officially retarded.
    test
  12. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

I think in ten years the rap that most ppl listen nowadays will be just another class of old school and all the kids that still listen to rap will look at our favorite rappers as a sorta of what were they thinking back then type of thing. I mean personally though i hear great things about 80s rap i find it hard to go back any further than 90ish rap.

As for other countries rapping i dont see a problem, i mean poverty and violence is pretty much a global thing. I mean the only guy i have heard is Chords rappin with Tonedeff in english and they both sounded dope.
    test
  13. Rezor X

Rezor X Resurrects

how many african american rappers is there??

how many are as good as Jay??
    test
  14. Blemickis

Blemickis I get computers puting

I mean it won't be as mainstream as it is now, right now its a fad. 90% of the people listening to hip hop only do so because its cool too, its 'rebel music'. I mean if eminem were to retire a lot of people would stop listening. In 10 years its probably only going to be the hardcore element left for the most part
    test
  15. RedMaster

Yea but wasn't rap 'rebel music' in the 80's as well?

I see what you're saying, that hip-hop is sort of the 'cool music' out now, and the whole 'being black is cool' type of thing (when you see white suburban kids wearing Fubu and Lugz, listenin to 2pac and Eminem...*shudder*).....but you're basically saying that it'll go the way of heavy metal music, that only purists and hardcore fans will stick to listening to rap?
    test
  16. RedMaster

I agree with you. As much as I respect rap from the 80's, you couldn't force me to listen to any records from that long ago. It's just the beats and the sound of it are different from what we hear today. And I know alot of heads complain about how hip-hop music today sucks, but I personally think the sound of hip-hop back then sucks too.
    test
  17. Female&Male

Female&Male New Member

Uhhhhhhh.... Yah the future of hiphop is white. You guys who think not just look at all the white mc's on the net or in the underground. They stole it you would be a dumb ass not to see that.
    test
  18. RiddlerJones

RiddlerJones E Nigma

shut the fuck you asshole
    test
  19. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

I have no doubt that hip-hop will eventually be like rock... and almost nobody considers rock and roll to be "black" anymore despite the fact that when it was created, it was 100% "black"

If you want to get technical though, hip-hop is highly integrated. Go up a few levels and in corporate ownership/distributing and you'll see way less black dominance or even black presence.
    test
  20. RedMaster

it's ironic that hip-hop is considered 'black music', when the owner of these muffuckin major labels are mostly middle-aged white men.......
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.