you think rappers still collaborate in the same booth? ...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Nu'maaN, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... for some reason i always found these types of collabs more realer.

nowadays, some cunt emails a beat, the other writes to it, records a verse and emails back.

i miss the days when all the rappers were in the same booth, the 90s used to be all about that shit.

before anyone comes here to attack me for being a 90s hip hop purist, don't, i know i am, loud and proud.

:numaan:
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. Smouble ML

Smouble ML 90% In NFL Playoff Predictions

Thays cuz they didn't have email back then. They HAD to make time n meet up to.do.a collab.

Had they had internet back then, they would do the same thing as today.

Ps ur waaaaay too nit picky.
    test
  3. Proxima Centauri

Proxima Centauri Gone rogue.

Was just thinking about this today when (bad example, I know) a few of Eminem's tracks (Bruno Mars, P!nk on featurings) came up. Can't imagine Em physically present in the studio with pop stars.

But then again, technology made even for beef to not be taken seriously any longer. It went from people getting shot to simply twitting bs back and forth.
    test
  4. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

same studio...The same booth would make for some creepy creepy shit during like a wu-tang or slaughter house cut....
    test
  5. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

Being face to face creates better chemistry. That's the cypher. You get in the same state of mind, on the same shit.

Same as fuckin' > long distance relationship phone sex
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

haha, perfect example.

yeah, but then don't collab with them.

i agree technology has made it easier for global artists to reach a bigger audience and shit, but still?

fair point, but i'd still think it'd make for a better collab if they were in the same booth.

that'd be amazing.

pretty sure the torture skits were recorded in the same booth.

:numaan:
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. Proxima Centauri

Proxima Centauri Gone rogue.

Almost feels like rappers are afraid to be left alone with another rapper in the studio.. *shrugs*
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

shit would be recorded in the same booth in the studio, but often the ideas come together in the control room and/or the green room with the weed and girls.....

A large issue these days is that studios are not really profitable businesses anymore, and most of the name spots like bassline etc...are no longer around I believe.....A good pro tools system, like a decade ago, was in excess of 10-20k, and now it can be done for far less....fucking mbox
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Exactly... there's something about feeding off of each other's energy in the studio that cannot be matched by not being in the studio together.

The back and forth 4-bar spittin'... the feeding off the last line of the previous rapper... all of that shit is more energetic and organic.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test