You Screwed Bret

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Flow-Joe, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voxom

voxom New Member

i wasnt saying vince did it on purpose here i was just saying brett already got screwed by wwf and hated them and when owen died i doubt his opinion of vince and the wwf got any better

just so people don't get this confused
    test
  2. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

Michaeals can still perform in the ring, although his gimmick suck cuz he pretty much doesnt have one anymore

But fuck everyone for bitching about what happened to Bret Hart. It was HIS choice to leave the WWF where Vince made him a superstar. HIS choice to leave for the big Ted Turner bucks. HIS choice to leave the WWF where he would always be a top dog and go join WCW where he had absolutely no gimmick, no buzz, no push and than Goldbergs stupid ass ended his career. I would of done the same thing if I was Vince.

This wrestling shit is business, how would it make sense for Vince to have Bret beat Shawn and leave the best wrestler in the business and than go to the WWFs competition WCW as the guy who just beat the WWFs biggest superstar?
    test
  3. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

^Ok, extremely good argument.

However, there are always two sides to the argument.
    test
  4. Mist

Mist Micnificent

LMMFAO, that was a good joke.
    test
  5. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Shawn did know. He denied all knowledge until like 2 years ago. Everyone believed him, too.

Motherfucker should never have admitted it. He'll be murdered in Calgary one of these days.
    test
  6. voxom

voxom New Member

where did he admit it? on a episode of raw or in a magazine or what?
    test
  7. masterragu

masterragu Sweep The Leg, Johnny!

What has he changed in the past 15 years please explain...
    test
  8. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

I didn't see it myself, it wasn't shown in England. But the WWF (They were still F at the time) had some kind of weekly behind the scenes shit for a while. He admitted on the first episode.
    test
  9. Trifektah

Trifektah fiZZee wATer

Actually you're wrong. Bret was offered $9 million for 3 years at WCW. Vince offered Bret a 20 year deal for considerably less money per year. Bret decided to stay with Vince OUT OF LOYALTY and actually signed for 20 years. A few weeks later Vince backed out of the deal saying he was "in financial peril" and that he couldn't afford to pay Bret anymore.

So.....Bret went to WCW.

The whole disagreement between Vince and Bret was over when Bret would drop the World Title. Bret and HBK despised each other and HBk did everything he could to get under Bret's skin. Bret said he would drop the title at any other place than in Canada. Bret even pushed back his debut in WCW so he could drop the title in America to Shawn CLEAN.

Vince decided that he wanted the belt off Bret ASAP so he screwed him over in Montreal.

All of the wrestlers (except Shawn and HHH) were absolutely pissed about what happened. Mick Foley even said last year that Vince was in the wrong over what happened.

The worst thing is Shawn swore to God he didn't have any part of what happened. But then he said years later he was in on it the whole time. So basically Shawn and HHH swore to God (to Bret and his wife) that they had no idea that was going to happen and they lied. Peices of shit.....
    test
  10. voxom

voxom New Member

shawn and HHH swearing to god isnt as bad as earl hebner swearing on his kids lives before the match that nothing would happen, then fucks him over
    test
  11. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

^^^lol I find it funny. I think it gives Vince more legendary status as being the asshole hes known for.

I dunno bout everyone else but that ending was much more entertaining/shocking/memorable than Bret winning it. Just seeing Vince jump up and scream ring THE BELL. Hebner signaling and Micheals looking shocked like he had no idea lol

peace Bret have fun in WCW

Trifektah u make it sound like bret was completely innocent. Im sure if he really wanted to he could of worked out a contract deal with Vince. He straight up left for the big bucks though
    test
  12. Serge dot T

Serge dot T Guest

they screwed brett, well cept earl

see earl wasnt gonna MAKE THE CALL, VINCE FORCED HIM TO. <caps so its clear.

imagine youre a wrestling referee with the best job in the business, you aint givin that up, and he was prolly being honest when he told brett that nothing would happen, thats why he bounced out of the ring right away.

michaels is a legend like it or not, but he fucked brett over.

now

michaels is buddy buddy with hhh cause they were in ''the clique'' togather. if you never heard about it, yhou shouldnt even be dropping an opinion here.
    test
  13. Trifektah

Trifektah fiZZee wATer

Well Bret pretty much was completely innocent. The only thing you could criticize him for was not wanting to job the title in Canada. But when you consider the fact that he said he'd drop it anywhere else it's kind of a pointless argument.

Bret did sign with Vince for a hell of a let less money and Vince told him he couldn't afford to pay him no matter what. Vince backed out of the deal and told Bret to go to WCW.

It's all in the "Wrestling with Shadows" documentary.......
    test
  14. voxom

voxom New Member

ya that was a entertaining documentary to watch, it was nice becasue sunny was hot then too.
    shawn didn't look that surprised that he won he looked like he was like scared or worried what brett was going to do imo. shawn was only in the sharp shooter for a second before he let brett start to reverse it but at that time it was to late. thats why i didnt believe shawn had anything to do with it until someone said shawn admitted it
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.