You realize that if the warriors win..

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Mr ExZ, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

it will be the biggest upset in playoff history?

courtesy of mike and mike for bringing this to my attention this morning
    test
  2. TK-Arsenal

TK-Arsenal beastin'

you needed mike and mike to tell you that? obviously it will be...
    test
  3. Who Kares

Who Kares not even your mother

not really

Denver over Seattle is bigger....they were down 2-0...and won 3 straight against a 64 win team...

the warriors had the momentum in this series to begin with once they won game one and took home court...the Nuggets were pretty much done....had no momentum at all...that was far more shocking than this...

not to mention there was all the hype before the series that the warriors had a chance to pull off an upset...
    test
  4. Out Writechas

Out Writechas New Member

nowitzki is the most overrated player in the history of professional basketball
    test
  5. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^I tend to agree with that... but I also believe that this era of NBA basketball is the worst of all time... anybody who's been watching since at least the '80s can see that... there are a few great individual players here and there, but a lot of them have no heart and fold when they meet adversity.... but the biggest thing is the lack of TEAMS.... so Dirk being considered "great" in this day and age should be taken into perspective.
    test
  6. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

Denver's comeback on Seattle is the greatest accomplishment I've ever seen in the NBA
    test
  7. the Prince

the Prince New Member

wade was right about dirk, he is a no show and lacks leadership

go warriors!!!
    test
  8. the Prince

the Prince New Member

horrible collapse
    test
  9. Flow Da HoloGraff

Flow Da HoloGraff Fuck Up!

that was crap .. any other game that tip by dirk goes to the team that he jumps over the back and tips it
    it's what you do with a no call
    jackson shouldnt have been thrown out
    WEAK ass call on davis to end it ... that was pure crap what the fuck was that about ... yes the warriors choked
    but those last 45 seconds ... pure crap on the refs
    test
  10. Out Writechas

Out Writechas New Member

wow...g-state had the win

it's over next game for sure...how the fuck the best team in the league with one of the best defense's blow a 21 point lead and go down by 9?

it's about time that dirk showed up tho, but i predict a blow out in golden state..dirk won't be clutch in back to back games
    test
  11. TK-Arsenal

TK-Arsenal beastin'

yeah because it was a comeback...

but overall series win of an 8 vs a 1 this would be bigger... first off that was only a best of 5, 2nd this Mavs team had a better record than that Seattle team and the Western Conf was more dominant this year than it was then... also the Supersonics were a good team but they didn't just go the previous year to a game 7 in the NBA finals...

and this Golden State team squeaked into the playoffs... that years Nuggets had about 10 games on the next team going in...

this upset would be bigger than that one... maybe that comeback makes it more memorable, but in just who wins the series, not how it was won... this one would be a bigger upset...

if it even happens now, good job blowing it last night Warriors
    test
  12. mr madness

mr madness Silly Bitch Say Whaaaaaat

Actually I think it's gettin' better, especially if u compare it to the late 90's and early 2000's, when teams were constantly scoring in the 70's and 80's and these records were set

* Fewest Points in a Game

* 49 by the Chicago Bulls vs. the Miami Heat on April 10, 1999

* Fewest Points in First Half

* 19 by the Los Angeles Clippers vs. the Los Angeles Lakers on December 14, 1999

* Fewest Points in Second Half

* 19 by the Miami Heat at the Orlando Magic on March 26, 2000
    * 19 by the Charlotte Hornets at the New York Knicks on November 11, 2000

* Fewest Points in a Quarter

* 2 by the Dallas Mavericks at Los Angeles Lakers on April 6, 1997 (3rd quarter)

* Fewest Points in an Overtime Period

0 by the Denver Nuggets vs. the Charlotte Hornets on January 13, 1997
    0 by the Washington Bullets at the Atlanta Hawks on November 18, 1997
    0 by the Los Angeles Clippers vs. the Chicago Bulls on November 21, 1997 (2nd OT)
    0 by the Vancouver Grizzlies vs. the Indiana Pacers on December 1, 2000

* Fewest Combined Points in a Quarter

18 by the Boston Celtics (9) vs. the Toronto Raptors (9) on January 12, 2001 (3rd quarter)

* Fewest Combined Points in an Overtime Period

* 2 - The Denver Nuggets (0) vs. the Charlotte Hornets (2) on January 13, 1997

* Fewest Points Per Game

* 81.9 by the Chicago Bulls in 1998-99 Season

All that shit was from 97- 01, and if you remember watchin' during that time, shit was alot worse than them numbers say, so compared to then, the game is startin' to look up
    test
  13. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

i got 75 to win 675 on golden state to win the series. i need the money
    test
  14. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

i hear you man but as a a ref you CANNOT make a fuckin over the back call when its that crucial in the game.. any ref will tell you, when it gets real late into the game.. unless its a blatantly obvious foul.. they let the players decide who gon win
    test
  15. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

you cannot draw a parallel between good basketball and how many points are scored..

if anything, the fact that these games keep going into the 130's and shit just shows how big the lack of defense is in the league. now i know its always been pretty laxed, and that thats been a joke about the league for years.. but its gettin ridiculous

id rather see two teams battle with tough d and end a game in the 80s and 70s then see dudes playin oh lay defense and havin the score be 3438-3491
    test
  16. SuB zer0

SuB zer0 A.D.R.I.A.N.N.A

ugh i lost so much money on that fuckin game
    test
  17. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Yeah, I feel the same way... but you also have into account the rule changes, which makes defense less impactful... I mean, I didn't like it when players were beating up each other going to the hoop in the '90s, but at the same time nowadays, if you breathe on a player wrong, you get called for a foul.

But if you want to talk about high scoring, then look no further than the '70s and '80s, when team scoring was at its highest... granted, the offensive game was more advanced than the defensive game back then, but what caused the shift to greater defensive play in the '90s? None other than Michael Jordan... he changed the game... the "Bad Boys" Detroit Piston teams brought the aggressive style of play specifically to control MJ's finesse and of course, they carried it over to other teams and it gradually gravitated towards the rest of the NBA.
    test
  18. mr madness

mr madness Silly Bitch Say Whaaaaaat

U rite, u can't automatically assume a relation between good basketball and points, but if you remember then, it wasn't always a matter of good defense, most of that shit was just horrible offense, mufuckas couldn't consistently hit open jump shots, complete lack of fundamentals, it was like erybody was tryin' to either dunk or shoot a 3, no mid-range game, no movement on offense, not too much open court game, shit was basically a 1 on 1 wit 4 mufuckas standing around. Unlike now, where u got people who can constantly drain the 18, 19, 20 foot shot, and teams are runnin', shit wasn't good to watch at all
    test
  19. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

good point.. the movement now is worlds above what it use to be
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.