You may not like it, but all is well with Bryant, Lakers

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by hockeys_da_best, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

nash is a terrible individual talent, all he does is pass the ball for his open teammates. nash strictly relies on OTHER PLAYERS for his own success. if his teammates would miss all those shots, nash would get sent into the D league. kobe, on the other hand, doesnt have to rely on his teammates for success.

i can have a more intelligent conversation with the cap of my toothpaste than double Male Lover

ride or die bitch!
    test
  2. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Aaron (West Laf, IN): Alright, JH...let's hear you're latest MVP talk. Any changes? Simmons says Bryant (and Billups is #8 on his list?!)..but Stein says Bryant can't win it because he does silly things like elbowing M.Miller and costing his team 3 games. give us your status...

John Hollinger: I put Bryant a distant fourth. My top three guys are LeBron, Dirk and Wade. A month ago Wade looked like a home run to me, but he struggled down the stretch while LeBron and Dirk dialed it up. Choosing between LeBron and Dirk, I have to go with LeBron just because he's played so many more minutes -- basically, he's providing the same production for a greater duration.

Larry (Omaha): John, I heard Mark Jackson say yesterday on ABC that Kobe Bryant would go down as the greatest player ever, ahead of MJ? Does Mark need to have his medication adjusted, or does he have a valid point?

John Hollinger: I couldn't disagree more. This was the best season of Bryant's career, and he wasn't clearly the best player in the league. In fact, up until two years ago he wasn't the best player on his own team. So while Kobe's a great player, the MJ comparison is seriously pushing it.

Rob (Los Angeles, CA): Were you one of the many ESPN writers that picked the Lakers to miss the playoffs? Isn't it fair to say that the Lakers have exceeded everyone's expectations this season?

John Hollinger: Yes, I was, and that's why I think Phil Jackson should win Coach of the Year. He got more out of guys like Smush, Walton and Mihm than I thought he could.

Shawn (Ann Arbor): The talk about Kobe vs. MJ got me wondering: anyone with eyes knows that Jordan was one the best if the #1. Do all the stats you put together say the same thing?

John Hollinger: Yes, Jordan was the best by a mile.

Sanchez (Santa Barbar, CA): Despite being a Laker fan, I can see how Kobe could not be the MVP. But two things bother me, one, even if he "helped get the teams best player traded" that was two years ago. What does that have to do with 2006? Number two is defense, I think of James and Dirk as subpar defenders while Bryant is a superior defender. Isnt defense half the game?

John Hollinger: It was two years ago ... but it's still materially affecting the Lakers, isn't it? As for defense, that's the best card in Kobe's hand. LeBron and Dirk aren't as bad as you make them out to be, but Kobe is clearly better.

Anthony (Chicago): How is Lebron the MVP? He's a terrible deffender and until his team picked up a legit second late game option, inFlip Murray, he couldn't close a game out. How can such a bad deffender win MVP in a year with so many better options?

John Hollinger: Because the "late game option" Flip Murray was on the end of the bench for one of the worst teams in the league, and didn't become a "closer" until LeBron kept finding him for wide open shots. As for the defense, he's not Bruce Bowen, but he's much better than you're giving him credit for.
    test
  3. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

sunday proves that phoenix is nothing without nash....

yall got hate for kobe cus without him lakers suck .. thats what most of u say...

and its all biased hate for kobe...

nobody hates nash... u never hear of him..

cus u attack kobe's character THINKING he's some jealous mischievous rapist....

get off my nuts...

me raping ur mom would make u hate me like u hate kobe....

stfu...

kobe would nut snug your buttcheeks..
    test
  4. double ML

double ML Guest

i remember watchin' nash play when he was a rookie

double has been a suns fan for a long ass time

tekgeek is clearly a confused korean.

your daddy kim il jong not show you enough love?

[funny]
    test
  5. hiphop4govener2

hiphop4govener2 Active Member

So much hate on this board.
    Yall know you love Steve Nash. Don't try to fight that shit.
    test
  6. style-rip

kobe 27 points at the half, lakers waxing that ass..
    test
  7. ILLnSkILLz

ILLnSkILLz New Member

again puttin up a shot a minute against who? Moochie Norris and Brandon Bass? Why he in the game when they up by 30?
    test
  8. TeKneeK

Double Ml Negative
    Reps People When He
    Knows Phoenix Sucks
    And The Lakers Nut On His
    Face!
    test
  9. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Tekneek... I haven't seen you on this forum since.. like.... May 04... [look]
    test
  10. double ML

double ML Guest

hey tekgeek- the suns have a much better record than the fakers....er, lakers

fix ya face il jong jr.
    test
  11. style-rip

i dont see your fav player putting up those kind of numbers against moochie and brandon lol yall funny as hell kobe only played 29 minutes. phil even said he wanted to play him at least 25 so he stays in a rhythm, instead of resting him for the playoffs
    test
  12. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

lol, i remember that....laker radio was all over him the next day.....but he's really picked up his game [the # of threads brahman has started recently hailing him "the untradable asset" can attest to that] and so have kwame and smush...they are starting to look like a team...yeah kobe still piles up points, but other players are capable of helping them win if kobe only scores 29
    test
  13. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

buawahahaha

the laker bandwagon is in full effect

you're lucky that u dont live in cali and have to deal with these type of idiots on a daily basis
    test
  14. hockeys_da_best

hockeys_da_best New Member

lol. You must be getting me mixed up with your boy Brahman.

How 'bout them Rockets?
    test
  15. hockeys_da_best

hockeys_da_best New Member

The same guy who thinks Chris Paul had a better rookie year than Magic and predicted the Lakers to finish 12th in the West.
    test
  16. double ML

double ML Guest

tekgeek is a real life 40 yr old virgin

[​IMG]
    test
  17. ILLnSkILLz

ILLnSkILLz New Member

style-rip, u in northridhge, lmfao

Meet me at CSUN so i can slap the shit outta u.
    test
  18. TeKneeK

Double .. u wanna be slanted eyed caucasian asian import model nut huggin loser.... go shine ur guns and stop bitchin...
    test
  19. double ML

double ML Guest

^^verb says the same dumb shit.

and noone shines guns you fuckin' moron

you clean 'em, but you don't shine 'em.

but you're a pussy who's never touched a wpn in your life, so....
    test
  20. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

"A team that likes to play with each other. A team that relies upon Kobe Bryant."

that's all i needed to read to know that this article is fucking dumb.

all is not well in laker land until the lakers are an elite team again. no one said kobe's not going to score 30+ a game without shaq. they said he couldn't make the team elite by himself. and have they been wrong? no.

the writer should be fired for being so naive
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.