You know wrestling is fake right?

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Macmili, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YounG Doo Rag G

YounG Doo Rag G 4 POUND

its actually one of my earliest memories in life. watching it with my dad and 2 brothers. so ive always enjoyed it, had times when i didnt kare to watch, and sometimes where i made a point to watch. i actually enjoy wrestling for the wrestling. i usually flip thru channels during the 20 minute rants and women matches..i youtube alot of old matches too.
    test
  2. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

^same here. It's always been one of the few constants in my life. I think a lot of people are the same way, because one of our biggest collective complaints is the fact that it's now geared toward an audience that doesn't include us.

It's just entertainment, and completely discrediting it because sometimes is bad is like saying the NFL sucks because a few games suck. It's theater. Think of good wrestling matches as good fight scenes in movies, and think of good storylines as good plots that lead to the fight scene.

When I want real fighting, I watch real fighting (and I do).
    test
  3. Macmili

Macmili Thorough

you added the word "all", just like somebody added the comparison of movies for no good reason

all I wanted to know is if you guys were aware that wrestling is fake, that's all.

I remember one time after Smack Down the news came on and they were like "if you like wrestling, you might want to change the channel now" and they basically said "not only is the drama fake, but so are the fights, everything is choreographed, there is absolutely nothing real about it, it is complete fucking bologna, these dudes are fake ass actors etc." I wasn't sure if you guys had stumbled upon evidence this solid before so I figured I'd inform you just in case you weren't sure. It's fake, there now you know, you're that much smarter now.

and wrestling was the shit back in the day, I think the writers ran out of new ideas completely and they ran out of wrestlers with any trace of personality or character
    test
  4. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

i thought it was common knowledge that it was fake...Did you seriously think that people thought it was real? The injuries though that happen to a lot of people are real. Wrestling though is pushed as Television Entertainment putting it on the same level as something like ER. Scripted programing with actors. It seems as though you just came to this revelation though that it was fake. At least it's better then "reality" TV which is pushed as REAL and ACTUAL events but it's scripted and heavily edited. I do find it amusing that the news is claiming to be solely about delivering the news. Come on now, they are just as into the ratings. Look at how the news is structured, it's entertainment as well. Seriously though you knew it was fake before some news personality told you it was? Tell me you did...

If I want to see real fighting I will head to the local bar
    test
  5. Macmili

Macmili Thorough

yea I just discovered that wrestling is fake

you nailed it
    test
  6. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Well your the one that came in here proclaiming like you made a revolutionary discovery and your evidence backing your claim.

so what was your point? besides stating the obvious of course..
    test
  7. Macmili

Macmili Thorough

I figured since it's a wrestling forum, it's probably little kids who believe it's real posting here who needed to be educated.

Looks like I was dead wrong.
    test
  8. nom de plume.

nom de plume. rumbrave.

haha.
    test
  9. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

oh yeah brother!

[​IMG]
    test
  10. theres more adults that watch it instead of kids.. matter of fact they want to get the age demographic for younger viewers.. i been watching wrestling sense i was 4, id go to my granma and grampas every saturday morning and it would be on and me and my grandpa would set and watch it... im not going to stop watching something because it was fake, if thats the case ill stop watching everything on TV... and life without tv is a boring place...

also if you watch MMA, and 10 years down the line you find out its fake would you stop watching? no cus your a fan, same with wrestling fans if your a fan your a fan for life.. and if you stop watching cus you find out its fake then you never where a fan
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.