You know what would make Rapmusic.com so much better?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Judgekure, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

If all the guests would register and post. Seriously.

We regularly have 2500 people viewing the forum. Often its 400 posting members and 2000+ guests/lerkers.

How can we get everybody to register? some people be viewing the forum for YEARS before registering...
    test
  2. Judgekure

I know what your going to say Job.
    test
  3. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

You can't, it always has been and always will be the way. Every popular message board has this issue. Some people jsut are perverts, gettin their kicks by lookin thru the window knockin one out while the couple get it on.
    test
  4. Get 2 Da Choppa

Get 2 Da Choppa Well-Known Member

im a guest or trmk.org for like 2 years now

never bother to register but lurk

but yeah i agree guests should register and post

they need an incentive though

lala u down u pm ya tits to every new member that joins?
    test
  5. Judgekure

Wrong.

Offtopic.com is the biggest Vbulletin on the internet. It has 1500 active posters and like 50 guests. On that site you cant view threads without registering. We cant do that, ofcourse, cause the new owner might not want to risk cutting down on site traffic....

Is there an inbetween though? Viewing a few threads a day until being forced to register? Something along those lines?
    test
  6. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

I don't see why we'd want to do something like that Judge.

If people want to lurk, let them lurk. Perhaps they just don't have anything interesting to say. Those who do, register and post.
    test
  7. Triasis

Triasis StarBurnedSky

Some people - or at least in my case - just usually don't have much to say.

90% of the time I'm on this site I'll be lurking, and usually won't log in unless I feel I can contribute to the conversation.

Not sure how many other people that's applicable to, though.
    test
  8. Kunty McPhuck

How am I wrong? You said and
    Shall I of said you cannot as there is no such word as can't? People will lurk, that cannot be stopped, especially with music message boards when you got the industry people, Street Teams, PA's etc etc lookin. Take sohh apart from the Chanocaust for the 1st month or 2 they allowed all email addresses, then when back to the old rules where you basically had to use a work/uni/college/school emails of that ilk to beable to register.

Unless you gunna pay EVERYONE who signs up $5-10 people wont sign up and even then you'll get trolls/spambots.

Or you go BGOL route of making it a subscription thing so basically its private. But people hate payin for shit, if they aint buyin music then they ddamn sure aint payin to go on a music messageboard.
    test
  9. ddoc619

ddoc619 New Member

1 dude became a member just to pause my gay thread. sign?
    test
  10. Judgekure

I gave you an example of why your wrong dude. I pointed out a site and everything
    test
  11. bobbaforce

bobbaforce I don't give a nada

would it really make rm better tho? just more people writing okwerd sux lol in threads and shit, if they had a real desire to discuss battle rap/participate in the otbva forums they wouldve registerd already most likely
    test
  12. Judgekure

Im more then sure theres alot of intelligent people that lurk.
    test
  13. ProfessorU

ProfessorU Legendary Russian Fresh

That was me tbh lol, the earliest I ever came here was around wrc07 I think I was like 15. I was looking for info and came here and read a thread and just lurked every now and than before deciding to make an account last year. NAGL I know, but I probably wouldn't have said much anyway if I did sign up back than lol.
    test
  14. MorgzyV8

MorgzyV8 JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

I meant to register about 6 years ago...I probably did and don't remember.

there were a few threads that made me want to register(nocan vs franco or nim's "hahaha" in aehos) but never got around to it until I kept seeing that fucking lonely white box that says "why don't you join us?" at the top of the forum if your a guest. hate that fuckin thing :mad:

but the difficult part is coming up with a screen name...I hate the one I have now....can somebody change this shit? I don't care if it's "titty baby" as long as it's not the one it is now...also change trischa's too(dude posting is cool with me, it's just that those combo of letters are cw)...
    test
  15. RegularJoe

RegularJoe Well-Known Member

I'm more than sure there are too. But are they intelligent people who feel the inclination to contribute to the kinds of conversations we get going here?

What it comes down to is what drives a person to post on a message board. Those who are lurking simply don't have the same motivation to make their voices heard about the things we discuss on this board as those of us who post. They'd rather sit back and enjoy the banter from an arm's length.

I don't really see that as a problem, nor do I see the board benefiting greatly from long time lurkers signing up and starting to post.
    test
  16. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

doesnt rm usually have more than 1500 online?
    test
  17. Judgekure

But you might have more to say now had you started back then. I think the more you post the more you have something to say.
    test
  18. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

i encourage anyone who lurks to sign up and post. be brave.
    test
  19. Kunty McPhuck

But yet there still guests in your example and you said EVERYBODY.
    test
  20. MorgzyV8

MorgzyV8 JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

yeah, it's a lot easier once you've gotten a few posts under your belt.

I've cammed up in tc with y'all under the name morganco before registering here...I asked judge if I had to login with fb to cam up...lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.