You know what the loss taught us right?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by OurSin, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

but, if someone beats fedor's record and fedor, he won't be the greatest of all time lol.
    test
  2. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

no, it just means he isnt he greatest RIGHT NOW. he can get that back though if he comes back stronger from the loss

regardless, of ALL TIME, hell go down as the greatest. just like chuck liddell will go down as the greatest light heavyweight of all time
    test
  3. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

exactly, all of these ufwwe heavyweights beat on their circle of unranked and/or out of prime fighters and suddenly they skyrocket everyones rankings. all these ufwwe heavyweights are on the same level brett rogers was before rogers lost to fedor and overeem. rogers actually beat a few great prospects though
    test
  4. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

The problem that I have always had with Fedor is him being a heavy weight. I just can't call someone the greatest that is the weakest weight class in mma history. It would be like me calling Wladimiror Vitali Klitchko the greatest boxing of our era, I just can't do it.
    test
  5. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

the heavyweight division isnt the weakest, it was weak as shit only in the UFC

but now its the middleweight division that is he weakest
    test
  6. .Invictus.

.Invictus. M3L

I thought Brett Rogers lookd good. I only seen him fight once. UFC HWs are few. But I dont know how well Rogers would do in UFC. Fedor I think IS the best HW. Maybe best HW of All Time. BUT NOT FIGHTER OF ALL TIME??? COUTURE DIDNT BECOME GREAT TILL THE END OF HIS CAREER. AND WHO IS IT THAT FEDOR WANTED TO FIGHT?? COUTURE. CUZ HES THE MAN. PERIOD.
    test
  7. .Invictus.

.Invictus. M3L

PLUS, Overeem got KtFO by ShoGun. Why are we even talking about him?? Couture would beat his ass. Brock would be oVereem.
    test
  8. .Invictus.

.Invictus. M3L

He also got KtFO by Chuck LIdell. Ha. OVereem. WHY HAD I NEVER HEARD OF HIM REALLY???? CUZ HE AINT THAT GOOD THATS WHY!! GOOD STRIKES BUT NOT STRENF.
    test
  9. .Invictus.

.Invictus. M3L

haha overeem is on steroids. brett rogers has no ground game. IM just typing these as I watch videos. day off.
    test
  10. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

uh, how could he be the greatest of all time if someone beats his undefeated streak, stronger fighters, and him? that makes no sense.

anyway, greatest of all time will always be objective. nobody will agree.
    test
  11. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Didn't read the rest of the posts.

All I'm gonna say is that the most surprising thing about that loss was that it occurred because of a mental lapse. Someone of Fedor's caliber should never throw themselves into a triangle. He should have seen that coming, especially from a BJJ black belt.

I suppose it was bound to happen, Fedor's been relatively mistake free for damn near a decade, but it's surprising nonetheless.

I thought he might lose to Lesnar via physical domination, I thought he might lose to Cro-Cop (years ago) by being out-boxed, but I never in my life would've predicted a loss on Fedor's part because of a simple lapse in concentration and training. Never.
    test
  12. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

overeem knocked the fuck out of Rogers though
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Any real fan would want fedor fighting the top heavyweights, which are all in the UFC.....

even if he beat werdum, then ovoreem, who was left?
    test
  14. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

^No one.

His contract is up relatively soon though.

Who knows?

Maybe the Russian mob will let Fedor fight who he actually wants to fight.
    test
  15. Kid Blackie

Kid Blackie to your Jess Willard

Gotta give it up, this was funny.
    test
  16. Kid Blackie

Kid Blackie to your Jess Willard

I would say MMA HW division is and was relatively more stacked than boxing has been for a while though. At least Fedor had nog and cro cop.
    test
  17. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

shogun is leet
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.