You know what the loss taught us right?

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by OurSin, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

look at the top ufc heavyweights and ask yourself the same question

they all share wins against the ufc's circle of unranked and out of prime fighters. such superstars they are
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Bret Rogers highlight reel look like Kimbo slices lmao
    test
  3. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

rogers has actually beat some great prospects like ron humphrey, kimbo beat straight up bums. brett rogers was fed to the big boys too soon imo. feeding him right to overeem right after losing to fedor was a huge mistake
    test
  4. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i knew when fedor lost that people would be searching for excuses.

truth is, fedor beat a washed up arlovski and a washed up sylvia - neither of whom were in anyone with any credibility's top ten - unless they just couldn't find 8 other fighters.

fedor lost to a ufc washout. like i've been sayin, dude is not god. he lost, get over it and move on to the next thing.
    test
  5. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

no one is making excuses, people/fedor fans are stating how this thread is nothing but a reach and giving reasons how this loss doesn't mean any of the ufwwe heavyweights would beat fedor

arlovski and sylvia weren't even washed up at the time they fought fedor.

and fabricio isn't a ufc washout, he was let go prematurely and only lost twice in the ufc. against arlovski and against junior dos santos. and with that said, werdum STILL has a better resume than all of the ufwwe heavyweights. he's got wins over antonio silva, gabriel gonzaga (twice), brandon vera, alistair overeem, and both emelianenko brothers.

if anyone is making excuses, its you.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. Kid Blackie

Kid Blackie to your Jess Willard

Sylvia is the most accomplished UFC HW champ ever. He was coming off a back and forth fight with Big Nog for the title. At the time, he wasn't the joke he is now. That happened after Fedor zulu'd him.

But say what you want about Sylvia, Arlovski was considered a big loss for the UFC when he left. It wasn't until he was ko'd by Rogers that Dana finally decided he wouldn't gladly give him a handjob and a UFC hat if he ever wanted to come back.

Brett Rogers was Shane Carwin going into the Fedor fight.
    test
  7. Kid Blackie

I'm not even Fedor's biggest fan. I like him and think he's the best ever to this point, but he isn't one of the guys I go apeshit over.

Dude lost this fight fair and square, no question. Werdum is not the best hw in the world, no question. I think he deserved to be ranked in top 10, but probably at like spot 10.

But if you really believe Fedor is and was always smoke and mirrors, you are not to be taken seriously as an MMA fan. If you believe a rematch with Werdum couldn't go very differently, you're a joke. If you believe he doesn't still have the skillset to give anyone on the UFC roster problems, step your mma game up.

gone
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i never, ever said fedor was smoke and mirrors. i like him. i think he's great. definitely #1 at the moment as far as heavyweights go - even after this fight. i just hate when people hype him to god status like nobody could ever touch him. just like when people hype brock to be this guy who's gonna take everyone down easily. i think brock can beat anyone due to his takedown skills - size - power - and when he's on top and starts throwing punches, it's hard to stop.

i think fedor can beat anyone cuz he has great ground game and incredible striking - but he's not invincible, and, as we saw on saturday, even he can get excited and get caught - just like everyone criticizes lesnar for doin against mir in his second fight ever.

and kid, the fedor - werdum fight could go differently. or, now that werdum knows what to do instead of tryin to swing with fedor, he could play it to get it into a clinch/ground game and still win.

i want to see a heavyweight champ that goes through everyone of contender status before i give them gsp or silva status.
    test
  9. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

shit it looked like a MIr Vs Brock 1 to me....Fedor was acting like a newbie got all excited when he dropped him an shit and jumped straight into it.....an amateur move really which is surprising coming from him.....

I wouldnt say this ends his career it was hardly that bad of a loss....it was a dumb error that a good bjj guy took advantage of....I bet Werdum couldnt believe it when Fedor jumped head first into it hahaha thought it was his lucky day init

PEACE
    test
  10. Kid Blackie

Yeah.

Only fighter alive I will not bet against is GSP until age takes his explosive takedowns away.

But even then, I think if the right person flies across the ring and goes all Jack Demspey on him, you never know.
    test
  11. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i mean, everyone has to lose at some point, but GSP is so grounded and patient now. he and silva i think have really mastered their forms of fighting because they're just able to control opponents - bigger or smaller - at will.

hence why i think brock is/can be so dangerous. he's a much better wrestler than gsp, and moves just as fast for takedowns. he just needs a ground game and he'll be great. but he's still wet behind the ears. we'll see what happens saturday.

just hope the HW division can find a good group and get them all together.

overeem, lesnar, carwin, rogers, fedor, werdum i guess. all top contenders now.
    test
  12. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

id probably throw in antonio silva as a top heavyweight contender also

as for dude saying he would never bet against GSP. sounds reasonable. idk though, eventually, GSP is gonna face another matt serra or a sprawl-n-brawl fighter with good takedown defense
    test
  13. Kid Blackie

The thing I see about Brock that really reminds me he's human is that for as big, strong, and accomplished as he is - people have been able to escape dominant positions he's had them in. Dude has probably stayed in mount only an average of 3 seconds in his fights.

GSP has mastered the art of not only taking people down, but keeping them down.
    test
  14. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

that's why i say brock is still young. in wrestling it's all about getting in and out of positions and just pinning someone without going for subs. brock has been able to pin everyone except couture - who we all know is a superb wrestler. then he just does GnP until they submit or get knocked out.

to be well-versed, he'll have to learn submissions and hip control before he's truly a master on the ground. he has great takedowns and can use his body, but that won't always work.
    test
  15. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Fedor fans been delsusional for years, before he fought sylvia and alrovski, people were acting like the win over few man chew was impressive..lmaoo

smfh
    test
  16. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

LMFAOOOO @ "few man chew"

oursin >

just for today though tbh
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  17. .Invictus.

.Invictus. M3L

I cant believe people are saying Fedor is greatest ever. Crazy. Anyone who loses like that cannot be called the Greatest ever. Mistake or not, the Greatest dont make those mistakes. Couture never did. Gracie never did. I dont understand. Fedor is bad ass. But obviously some of you guys are on his nuts. ]
    Anyway, being mexican. I wanna add Cain Velasquez. He's a few fights away from being a true Contender. GO MEXICANS!!!
    test
  18. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

uhh, are you serious?

couture has ten losses. he even lost to alistair overeems brother, who sucks.

every great fighter makes mistakes, everybody makes mistakes, period. its all part of the game. nobody is perfect. fedor will still go down as the greatest of all time, especially if he comes back stronger from this loss
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

shane carwin knocked out gonzaga and mir, now hes what #3 hw in the world?

but people rather bitch about fedor having weak opponents smh..

ill never get it
    test
  20. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

you know what tho? no other hw near his ranking would have took that fight because of the mans size an strength.. more so then his ranking, it was a lose/lose situation, he wins.. he was supposed to win, he loses.. he loses to a 1-0 mma fighter whos more of a freakshow

honestly i think hong man choi coulda beat a few hw who've been top ranked, based on his size advantage
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.