You know what...fuck Square-enix

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by OurSin, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Final Fantasy XIII exclusive to Japan in 2009 - News at GameSpot

Square Enix's highly anticipated JRPG won't be released outside of island nation until sometime after April 2010 on PS3 and Xbox 360.

At this year's Tokyo Game Show, Square Enix debuted a new trailer for Final Fantasy XIII, its highly anticipated role-playing game slated to arrive for both the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Aside from the eye candy, Square Enix's trailer also offered the tantalizing promise of a 2009 launch date.

Unfortunately, that promise of a 2009 release apparently applies only to Japan, given that the game isn't going to make it to the US or Europe until the second quarter of 2010 at the very earliest. The news emerged as Square Enix, the game's developer, delivered projections for the remainder of its current fiscal year, which ends March 31.

Square Enix president Yoichi Wada told Reuters that the game was on track for a 2009 PS3-exclusive launch in Japan, with international launches for the Xbox 360 and PS3 coming "in the business year from April 2010 or later."

Final Fantasy has been one of the most successful franchises ever to hit the console market. Since its first incarnation on the NES, the series has sold upward of 85 million units worldwide, with numerous spin-offs and even a feature-length movie adding to its success.

Despite the delay in the launch of Final Fantasy, Square Enix has remained optimistic about its financial outlook for 2009 with a small dip in operating profit of 2.4 percent to 21 billion yen ($236 million) forecast for the year. The company also reported healthy sales for the tail end of 2008 and said "demand has been generally brisk," with key titles such as Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest IV and Final Fantasy VII prequel Crisis Core all hitting shelves throughout the year.

:(
    test
  2. KaTZ

KaTZ Active Member

im playing final fantasy XII right now

its dope
    test
  3. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

Come on delays are a mainstay of the gaming industry. Its still coming its gonna have crazy high production values. Why whine about delays.

What would you rather have a crappy unpolished bug filled game now or a great polished game tomorrow.
    test
  4. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

Yea, the game's just gonna take a long while to get out. Square's always tha tway with final fantasy.
    test
  5. Langford

Langford New Member

they need to make another Chrono game
    test
  6. deadweather

deadweather ******

yo word I read this article too. ff13 was first revealed in 05. five years later???? really? it better be the dopest ff of all time. thank god 13 versus is comin out too. why would it take another year to port to america? the 360 porting won't start untile it is done which means they'll get it in 2011 lol. obama will be starting his re election campaign by then. I am getting too old for this
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  7. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

the 360 porting slows both down since it's a simultaneous release which means an even later date.
    test
  8. deadweather

deadweather ******

for your information, the reason there was a huge delay is because of the porting to xbox

microsoft once again ruins everyone's lives.
    test
  9. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

isn't it coming out on 360 in japan too? if so , i doubt that's what it is..

:(
    test
  10. deadweather

deadweather ******

no its not coming out on 360 in japan. japan don't give a fuck about our shoddy video game systems.
    i'm telling you thats what it is. there is nothing to doubt.
    they want to do a simultaneous 360/ps3 in america release which means they aren't releasing it here until they are done with the 360 port.
    that was part of their deal with microshit.

next time i see a 360 i'm going to punch it in its fucking face.
    test
  11. deadweather

deadweather ******

test
  12. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

they have 360's in japan....so if the deal is a simultaneous world wide release, than it's bullshit......

if its ONLY a simultaneous american release than thats a different story

microsoft wants more of japans market, FF on the 360 is a good chance......so i don't see why they would only ink an american release
    test
  13. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

The reason there was such a huge delay is that they had the game in devolpment on the PS2 and when the PS3 came along they started over.
    test
  14. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

snowy, they also had to make a whole new engine for the game which is why it's slowed down so much.
    test
  15. mr.mdz

mr.mdz Never Lie

I wouldn't blame MS for this... I'd blame Square for being greedy. MS made a great business move and it'll pay off for them and Square
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.