you guys see this breaking news?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Eyerate, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForestSilence

ForestSilence Well-Known Member

depends what you mean by american gov't archives, hell plenty are public accessible openly.

But if you're talking about, say, sensitive pentagon documents... then no, the probability of anon intercepting it is more or less none without some serious fucking budget, luck, and stealth. Or an army, lol. Either way, it won't be done remotely, or at least not all of it.

it's more complicated than that and I don't know the details obviously but firstly they don't use the internet to store data, more like an intranet. The amount of security measures taken are insane, I forget the specifics (SOME info about security measures were indeed reliably released publicly with the governments permission) but it is to the point where they have something in place to prevent the noise of key strokes being picked up with audio enhancer recordings from a distance outside for the fear that someone could decrypt which keys make which sounds and transcribe anything being typed.

The security around the pentagon is intense. I suppose in theory with a crazy budget it MIGHT be possible to develope a receptor that collects photons being emitted from pentagon computers and finds information but I don't think the technology to interpret the data into anything useable currently exists and it could be hard to isolate just the correct source of photons unless you're really close where you will be spotted.

The other alternative of course lol is an army strong/big enough to storm the place and steal information. :p

I'm by no means an authority on this kinda thing though so take what I said with a large grain of salt.
    test
  2. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

did you seriously just dreamweave a photon receptor that could decode dispersed light into text/info? :funny:

jesus christ you've got a crazy imagination.. or you do a shitload of drugs.

assuming this insanely improbable tech could ever exist, it would be foiled by this thing called "walls" and the pentagon has no lack of those.
    test
  3. Bleach...

Bleach... Put me in your markers...

I call that shit an eye.
    test
  4. Nectarded

Nectarded New Member

Because shit obviously can't move through walls. Like right now: I have to go to the roof of this 22 floor dorm building just to an internet reception. Because in my room the signal won't go through these 'walls'.

Assuming such incredible technology were to exist implies that it can go through the walls of Pentagon (a.k.a. the point he was making, otherwise he wouldn't have even commented) lol.
    test
  5. Eyerate

your eye doesnt pick and choose dispersed photons and reassemble them as unscattered light.. it just picks up what it sees.. if you could SEE the screen, why would you need some fucking wildly improbable technodevice? all you'd need is a pinhole camera or.. *GASP* YOUR OWN EYE :funny:
    test
  6. Eyerate

did you just equate photons to RF?

newflash.. radio waves pass through dense solids.. photons dont. dickhead :funny:

some of you motherfuckers really need to go back to school.. thats physics 101.

EDIT: and please dont try to bait me into some intense debate about EM waves and frequency versus density.. common sense people.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.