You guys listen to abdominal?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by bobbylight, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobbylight

bobbylight Well-Known Member

I don't know much by this guy but what I have heard its super dope. DJ Format makes the dopest beats too.

[youtube]8C31f7GbJQE&[/youtube]

[youtube]YQr1u1l-rIU[/youtube]

[youtube]ZQ9BDmOZztc[/youtube]
    test
  2. Snapppp

Snapppp hehe...Member

I've been a fan for like 7-8 years, I saw Abdominal and D-sisive live with DJ format when the album "if you cant join em beat em" dropped. damn that was like 6 years ago...
    There was a little note book at the merch stand, and they asked people to write random words and phrases on the pages and then put the pages into this jar. then later in the show they bought the jar out and would pull random words out and freestyle about the words...I remember they used one of the words I put in, which was amazing to see at the time.

Abdominal is renown for his freestyle abilities, he had a CD for sale at the show which was a bunch of radio appearances where he drops a bunch of freestyles and freeverses, and its sick. I'm just trying to find some links for you, but youtube has barely any of his catalogue...

I Prefer his DJ fase and format stuff over his newer stuff (escape from the pigeon hole album) because theres a bit more "meaning" behind the songs I guess... it seems like he's trying harder to make a dope track on his older stuff.

I find that with his newer songs, if they arent cool concepts, its pretty much just rhyming for the sake of rhyming, saying how good he is...although compared to other rappers that do that, he is really good at it.
    As a listener, I grew out of that style of rhyming over time though.
    The song he does a 16 bar verse in one breathe is pretty dope though:

DJ Format is a sick producer, but when you listen to the songs he samples from, its really basic sampling. He has a really good ear for breaks and stuff, but he pretty much just loops stuff. His newer stuff is a bit more complex though but i havent checked for his stuff in time...
    test
  3. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

Can't see these but he has a song where he spits each verse in one breath that is pretty impressive.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.