you guys judge people so much, on what equipment they use.

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by ijustneedhelp, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

Are you sure you have the EQ and compressor off first? lol you could have a cut off at 300hz and your threshold at -30 with a 22:1 ratio. Haha My MMP-2 came with the settings sounding like shit, I turned off everything and made my own settings and God honest, it's the best preamp I've ever used, and I've been thru quite a few cheap ones, such as your great behringer pre.

Don't blame your incompetence on everybody else.
    test
  2. |Tech|

|Tech| New Member

Once again, equipment is just half of the stick -- mixing plays a BIG role in your recordings. Can a person that have an Audigy soundcard quality sound better than a person quality with a Emu-1212 soundcard? Yes and no--depending on a number of things.

If the person with the Audigy have better mixing-skills than the person with the emu-1212, then yes, it's possible. But if the person with the emu-1212 have better skills--or equal skills--than the person with the Audigy, then no - that person won't get better quality than the person with the emu-1212 card. (Everything matter in quality -- room, mics, whatever,

If your recording in (with the Audigy card) the same physical room (on same pc -- whatever) as the person with the emu-1212 card, and you have better--or equal-- mixing-skills than the person with the emu-1212 card, the better gear will always dominate.

So, just because you see somebody with better equipment don't means they carry the skills--or whatever--to make it sound like something it have the opportunity to sound like. But if they did, there's no way cheap equipment can match the quality.
    test
  3. |Tech|

|Tech| New Member

Holla back.[​IMG]
    test
  4. Neyedus

Neyedus Active Member

For using an MXL 990, these guys quality is pretty good.
    test
  5. |Tech|

|Tech| New Member

To be honest, I never really seen a bad review for the MXL 990 but from some people from this site.
    test
  6. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

sounds like ur just pissed u cant afford equiptment that will enable u better quality an sumone said u have shitty quality

grow up

good quality comes from mixing technique, and good equiptment. comes with time, money, and practice. all of which.. most u kids on here dont want to put in to achieve anything. all of u expect some free hacked version of sumthing so u dont have to pay for nothing, some free magical setting that u can use that will make u have a "studio voice" and everything handed to u.

step into the real world. yeah, u can work around it, but in the end of the day, you do need that shit if u want better quality, dont get ur panties ina twist jus cuz u ain dedicated enough to go an hustle a few extra bux to pick it up.
    test
  7. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

Vocals are tiny as fuck too. Robotic [gay]
    test
  8. AmaZN

AmaZN New Member

test
  9. HeadSick

HeadSick Ill Legitamate

* hands him a tissue.. because he bought a emu sound card but was too stupid to remeber to buy the adapter for his headphones..
    test
  10. Boogi

Boogi New Member

yo, they aren't saying YOU aren't shit you don't have it, they are saying your equipment is shit lol. and you're a fool for selling your mmp...you obviously are impatient and didn't take the time 2 find out the proper settings for yourself. the mxl990 is a piece of shit. i know cuz i had it before i pawned it for $20...

if you buy what these guys suggested and your shit doesn't greatly improve, it's something YOU did. you have 2 be patient and learn. and ask question. try shit out.there is no way your behringer pre is better than that mmp...sorry kid. you sound like a whiney brat, mad because you can't afford the shit they suggest. you know what you do? save up. and while you're saving, copy paste and save threads that have something 2 do w/ the equipment you're planning on buying. at the rate you're going, when u come 2 your senses and realize the equipment you bought is shit, you're gonna want some real shit and nobody is gonna wanna help your ass.
    test
  11. Boogi

Boogi New Member

true...but realize, people on this site have higher standards than most other sites...Go to other sites and you will that rm users quality shits on theirs. This is the only site i ever been to that even had a help forum PERTAINING to quality. so that tells u something
    test
  12. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

dead
    test
  13. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

real talk. i never understood why *****s hate what they cant have. be it gear or the skill to use the gear ect. its not hate kuz other people think his shit is shit as long as the people who buy ur music are happy thats what really matters. cats catch feelings too quick. but it is hilarious that his feelings are hurt due to AON bein honest wit him. He needs to get over himself and do what needs to be done.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.