you guys judge people so much, on what equipment they use.

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by ijustneedhelp, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ijustneedhelp

ijustneedhelp New Member

oh if you dont have an emu 1212 and an expensive ass mic and a pre amp that cost atleast 300 you aint got shit... and you need monitors that cost atleast 300.... oh and if I dont eq and compress while recording it aint good enough..blah blah blah... I thought this is the tips and help forum..... alot of you guys have expensive ass setups and it still sounds like shit...

check these guys out... they use an mxl990,a mic200 behringer pre, and an audigy 1 soundcard... and no monitors just headphones..... Thats 120 dollars worth of equipment and theyre quality sounds way better than alot You guyss..... as for AON.. wheres the links to Your music? if your the know it all and everybody asks you for advice how come you dont have any material for listening?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/ghostfleetmusic.htm

thanks.
    test
  2. kniteshift

kniteshift That ain't my alphabet b

^
    it's how you use the stuff you got, if you got good stuff you gotta know how to use it to make it better.

AND for people LIKE AON, a lot of them/us, don't have the time to post something on the net just to make everyone happy.

Look at LCD he knows how to use equipment and produced amazing quality with a B-1. Go put your stuff on a real CD without listening to it through monitors and bump it in your car or listen to it on vinyl, and you'll know you're quality ain't great at all.

so much for your equipment reputation theory...
    test
  3. ijustneedhelp

ijustneedhelp New Member

yea ill bump music in my car and it sounds sweet on alpines...... i dont even bother listening thru moniters it just makes music sound bad....
    test
  4. kniteshift

kniteshift That ain't my alphabet b

^
    yeah.. so I guess Dre and Kanye should just throw away their monitors and listen to how they work their shit through car audio..... wow.
    test
  5. Krix

Krix New Member

no it lets you hear the things that need to be corrected.
    test
  6. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

Let me put this fool in his spot real quick so I can get back to watching Bang Bus.

#1. Stop whining because your broke, I offer tips, as well as others, on equipment that's a good starting point, if you want to use a BULLSHIT Audigy card, do so, your not going anywhere anyways.

#2. I have said many many many times, unless you just felt like completely pulling this thread out of your ass, that I am a producer, so where's my music?
    Come record me, and there it is, I don't rap, I don't sing, I used to yes, but producing is where my heart is.

And they're quality sounds better than alot of us?
    Do you even have mons, because this is average for what I hear on the net.
    Don't speak on what you tried to learn overnight.
    test
  7. Smooth Nef

Smooth Nef skooma la familia

hahahahaaaa oh boy
    test
  8. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

Ouch....

Oh, and thanx for the shout Translation....
    test
  9. AllOrNothinEnt

Now that my cell phone has stopped blowing up about music help.

Just because these kids make a decent mix, do you think any asshole with a bullshit set-up can?

I can take an M-Audio DMP3 run it through an RNC into an E-Mu 1212M and make a pretty good fuckin sounding track...does that mean that's where I should stop?
    No.

I don't want to hear this bullshit about $300 is fucking expensive, and $199 soundcard is ridiculous...have you seen a studio's insides?
    Do you think THEY use $99 Audigy bulshit soundcards?
    No, and for a good fucking reason, theyre FUCKING SHIT.

If you don't like the help and tips we give here, the get the FUCK to steppin.
    I'm trying to make sure EVERYONE has a good set-up that can last them, and that they have a mic that suits them, not some piece of shit pot metal $69 whore fucking blow me sideways and suck my beanbag special MXL mic that's on crackheadmusicians.com

Get the fuck outta here with this.

When you want to shut your cockhole and take time to see what we offer is HELPUL INFO, then I don't want to hear shit from you.
    test
  10. ijustneedhelp

ijustneedhelp New Member

my problem AON is, I read everything good you had to say about roland, researched it and read what others said about it and i bought it..But it brought my quality down, and i did infact test it out with different settings and i fucked with it for about 10 hours, but then i plugged my trusty behringer mic100 in and i got the Clean signal i wanted... my at3035 goes good with it.

I also purchased an emu0404. which i owned for one day and i was like FUCK THIS.... my headphones cant even properly work through that bullshit with out adapters... I use an audigy 2 platinum ex... which provides 24 bit 96k recording.. You guys all hate on audigys but they work damn good... sure its a gaming card... but it handles recording.........

and for the record my experience is only with recording vocals and mixxing them, i dont need other equipment for other things... just shit to get my voice sounding good onto my harddrive... I didnt start this post to start shit, but i just wanted to know why all this advice is recomending certain brands and always hating art tubes and shit.. wtf?.. i had an art tube mp preamp and it was sweet... probably much better then the vtb1 that i always hear about here....

well i just think you guys need to widen your horizens and experiment with less expensive shit..............oh and i think my at3035 sounds better than the ksm27( and the AT is half the price).
    test
  11. P Grizz

P Grizz PGrizz.Com

OMG..LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that reminded me of an old school drill SGT. lmmmfao....

them peoples quality...OK...def not something I'd put on a CD and sale. this dude been actin out since he CAME to A-H&T. Most of us w/ "expensive" set ups have SAVED our muhfuckin money or bought the shit piece by piece....trust me you CAN do the same...dont hate n!ggas for being dedicated. fuck ya
    test
  12. ijustneedhelp

ijustneedhelp New Member

Pgrizzle i checked the state reps soundclick page and it says you use an at3035 and a roland mmp2... ok i have that mic and i just sold my roland mmp2.... well needless to say your quality sucks and sounds like its recorded off am radio....( OH people like us have saved up and blah blah blah..).. i have the same shit as u dawg... man i could go buy a neve and a neumen right now so money aint an issue... my issue is why the fuck waste money. when i dont feel like any settup under 10000 is gonna make my quality even noticely different....... if i upgraded to a ksm32 would muthafuckas even be able to tell? nope.... how about if i used a joemeek 3eq? nope.... it just aint happening unless you buy products that cost atleast 1500 each.. peace
    ... oh and p FUCK YA.
    test
  13. P Grizz

P Grizz PGrizz.Com

lol @ the pet names P Grizzle..thats sooo sweet of u...anyway...I wish soundclick had dates on when that shit was uploaded...I been grindin son...we recorded that shit on a sony fv-320 mic str8 into a stock soundcard. IF you would like to hear how DOPE my shit sounds...feel free to aim me and I'll send u my most recent track.

but LMMFAO @ having no monitors and talkin bout people's quality...did u dl them tracks and play them in ya alpine car stereo? fuck outta here!

for real tho...its OBVIOUS you really dont know what youre doing. I used to question the same thing...you dont know how much better u can get until you hear better...sure u may have had a roland, but if your chain starts w/ a weak soundcard...no matter what mic or pre u add to it, it's gonna be wack. once u hear better quality, you WILL know why AON, I, and others are saying what we're sayin....until then....you'll be ok tho homie.

oh..yo...homie....uhm....FUCK YA! jism
    test
  14. P Grizz

P Grizz PGrizz.Com

oh...btw..I'm the LAST person to judge someone on they equipment how much it costs...I started w/ a 20 dollar mic son...that was less than 2 years ago...I then moved up to a $100 dollar interface...that was bout a year ago. for the past year, I've been buyin shit piece by piece....am I proud of my shit? yes...can it get better (equipment and mixing)? yes...do i say to other *****s on this board..omg you only paid $40 for that...you're wack? hell naw. My thing has always been use what you have to the best of your ability. and for u to say that you HAD a roland and went back to behringer because it didnt sound good...that right there shows your dedication...when i upped to a roland....and recorded..the first 3 days my sound was shitty....u know what i did..read the manual...read the handbook and LEARNED what everything on the roland does...it's the ONLY way you're going to be able to use it properly aside from someone holding your hand thru it.
    test
  15. Sick Artist Ent

Sick Artist Ent New Member

Damn ... Dude wildin..
    test
  16. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

I think there honestly should be more talk about audigy this and $50 pre that. Not everyone is trying to do shit on the same level.

The problem is people that want to use a $50 preamp are expecting the shit to rival a $3000 preamp. Stuff is priced for a reason

A while ago - someone here wanted a sub forum for higher end shit...I think it was Ghet - maybe enigmatical (or whatever his name was). Seems like it would be a good idea.

AON - hopefully your website won't ignroe (errr...diss) the low end peep's - seems like that's the majority of people looking for help. Hell - most of the shit people here make is heading to soundclick. It's not like you need to run shit through $500,000 worth of gear to diss your 7th grade classmates.

...or if you are trying to be more high end - you might want to change the domain name [teet].
    test
  17. Cold North Flow

Cold North Flow original smooth

Its nice that you think these things and get good sound out of cheap crap. But your equipement is below sub-par...So don't try and big up your cheap crap. If you get the sound out of it you want then yahoo for you. But lets deal in reality here fella....Its not expanding my horizons go backwards and using garbage quality shit. Money doesn't grow on trees so why waste it...
    test
  18. LCD Beats

LCD Beats TYME President

Y'all betta stop fuckin round wit my dawg P Grizz...
    test
  19. AllOrNothinEnt

You approached me the right way this time, so I'll retort.

The Roland MMP-2 is a bang for the buck item, and it's capable of good quality, however YOU have to be the one who knows what sound you want the pre to give, before buying a pre, because each pre is different.
    As far as expanding my horizons, you see I have, I've used equipment as shitty as Nady products, all the way to Focusrite Liquid Channels, Cranesong pre's, Neuman U87, etc etc, so I know what's good, and what just works.

As far as you thinking the AT 3035 sounds better, on your voice it might, and that happens because mics are made to fit certain applications.
    They're not like condoms, condoms are all made to do one thing, you might get a size bigger, or add studs, but nothing really changes unless the sway of your fuckstick does.
    test
  20. AllOrNothinEnt

I won't forget the low end stuff, the M-Audio DMP3 is a low end product, and it's been reviewed, and many more products will.

And I didnt choose the website name lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.