You guys ever used a steam room? Or used your shower to inhale hot steam in bathroom?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by TeKneeK, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

Check out this article:

http://www.lifestylecentre.unsw.edu.au/Steam-Room-20/

Steam bathing whether it be dry (sauna) or wet (steam) has been considered as one of the simplest ways to rid the body of toxins. As the pores in the skin open up millions of sweat glands start to excrete, the body rids itself of metabolic and other waste products. Sweat contains almost the same elements as urine and for this reason, the skin is sometimes called the third kidney. It is estimated that as much as 30% of bodily wastes are eliminated by way of perspiration.

Another benefit of steam bathing is that it has a stimulating effect on the cardiovascular system. The pulse rate increases from 75 beats per minute (average) to between 100 – 150 beats per minute during a 15 – 20 minute session. This increases blood circulation but not blood pressure, since the heat causes the tiny blood vessels in the skin to expand, accommodating the increased blood flow.

I use to always wonder why my heart rate use to go up like crazy...

interesting....
    test
  2. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

Interesting?

That first paragraph you quoted basically said sweating in a steam room is basically your skin pissing. And it would be obvious to say others were previously in the steam room. So you would be sitting in thier "piss" and depending how the system works in the steam room you could even be breathing in the "piss". This makes me scared to ever go in a steam room again, luckily i have a terrible memory and will have forgotten this by the next time i go for a steam.
    test
  3. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

^^^Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......I had never thought about that....that makes it sound terrible....I can't stand bein in the gym/locker room at 24hr fitness because it has a bad combo of sweat, ass, and sneakers.
    test
  4. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

wouldnt the tempature of the steam kill the other "piss"?
    test
  5. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

lol That's funny shit
    test
  6. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.