You guys ever go back and listen

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by DemiGod, Jan 5, 2014.

1. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

to a rap CD on an old ass portable player?

Shit sounds horrible......makes me appreciate how far technology has come.
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

can't say that i've tried.

but you can't knock the quality you get from vinyls.

:numaan:
    test
  3. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

my old discman was so dope... some nice bassy EQ's, rock solid, no skip, and only needed 1 battery

that thing went with me everywhere
    test
  4. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i've still got some old school mixtapes, literally mixtapes.

a bunch of cassettes for my walkman, and it just has various tupac and yaki kadafi verses mixed into one big track.

test
  5. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

makin' tapes was fun, but tedious in retrospect

we have it mad easy now

shit, i was just the dollar store earlier and some young dudes walked in, asked the clerk if they had the discman-to-car stereo tape deck attachment, and they did... didn't even think they still made those, or that anybody under the age of 50 would want one
    test
  6. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

I have a suitcase full of my pop's old albums & tapes - some really rare classic reggae/soundclash stuff. yeah it sounds a bit rough and crackly at times, but the clash stuff sounds really raw, really authentic - it adds to it.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

LOL that had little to do with what you asked ... soz.
    test
  8. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

yeah i kind of miss it though.

the effort made it all that more worth it.

sorry demi, if i derailed your thread mate.

test
  9. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

hahaha, can't say i have. never really thought about it either until now. fuck regression.
    test
  10. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

woord, still got mine,,,it's fly as fuck,,,orange, blue, n silver, antiskip, fell over n over still good,,,its got this part you slide to pop open the discman,,,shit look like a ufo foreal, t's dope! Had a Knicks Jersey that matched it perfect haha! Stopped messin with mp3's when I copped one dropped it down the stairs n it broke...I was like fuck this fragile shit,,gettin back on them cd's..neva looked back

Ever since I got my ride though I haven't really messed with it...When I'm listenin to music it's either in the ride, on the laptop, or with homies/at a party..

Can't forget bout the ole' skool thoough!
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Found a few cassette tapes past weekend.. no wonder people rather bought music instead of taping it - horrible..
    test
  12. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

raw analog beats 1's and 0's....copies of a copy on cassette can sound bad of course, but any time sound is made digital and converted to numbers, it looses data.....

vinyl>
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I can still listen to CDs on discmen and what not... but I can't fuck with cassettes anymore... unless I really want to experience nostalgia for nostalgia's sake....
    test
  14. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I think vinyl heads really just like the snap, crackle and pop of the needle against the record... it's warm and nostalgic... lol

Like sometimes, I like to slide the panties to the side and slip it in on some old high school fuckin' while moms is in the next room type shit, because it's nostalgic... lol
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

I thought vinyls really did sounded better than today's players.
    test
  16. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

vinyl 100% has a more rich sound than digital does.....It is not the sound of the needle, it is how I said it last post.....
    test
  17. Superman70

Superman70 edited

i used to put the Home Alone Talkboy up to the TV and record cassette tapes.
    test
  18. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

it is.

i swear to god it is.

test
  19. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

By anytime I assume you mean when its converted using a Lossy format, like MP3, WMA, AAC. Because when using a lossless format like FLAC its not true at all.

Im pretty sure most computers/cars made in the past 5-10 years will have some sort of audio processor like Dolby or DTS integrated into them. Also depending on the quality will use 24 bit depth over 16 bit which was what CDs were recorded at in the 90s i think.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  20. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

I meant it as I said it, though to be fair I stated it too much as a fact rather than opinion.......And you are right that those like an mp3 and such are much worse than a flac file or other lose less digital formats.....I have always seen or noticed most people listening to music in mp3 format or something like it, usually because their main function is compression and space saving....

The quality in general has improved drastically in the past 30 years, and more so in the past 10.....I still feel that analog is a better sound recording medium....that will likely change in the future though
    test