You ever spent a long ass time on a beat... and then realized it was wack???

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by P R I M O, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

[funny]

I did that shit last night

I made this fuckin beat I thought it was the hottest shit in the world because i liked the sample but the fuckin composin around it was ass when I listened to it later on.

I think I just got addicted to it because I liked the sample so much but the beat was fuckin gorilla nutt sack wit sweat drippin off

that shit had me hot cuz i spent at least 2 hours on that shit

i ended up deletin the shit all together

lol

who else be doin that? admit it
    test
  2. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

Yeah 2 days ago,...

making this down south joint..had some hypersonic synths going nuts..kept adding onto it...

then like 3 hours later... i realized 2-3 elements i added on conflicted and the beat started to sound depressing and eventually...wack

so i scrapped it all even the synths.

Forget a hater-spirit
    test
  3. Auditory

Auditory New Member

haha...i hate when u got this core melody that is a HIT. And ur like fuck it ill come back to it later cuz i already know its a hit it will be easy to build around. but then u try a lil of this...lil that...5 hours later u got 10 different versions and aren't happy with any of them. i hate that
    test
  4. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

yap liquid jus asked me this shit

happens ey once in a while
    test
  5. P R I M O

lol @ the melody shit

must be nice to be able to play whats in your head

i'm gettin there, i can almost play any skeleton beat in my head

but when it comes to chords and shit, my musical theory isn't advanced enough to play them accurately to what's in my head... not even close
    test
  6. Reign

Reign Let it...

I can usually play whats in my head, but sometimes... i cant find the right instrument and Im still learning how to form my sounds... but yeah that shit happens sometimes I'll be goin nuts on some shit then the next day its like ehhh that aint even worth finishing.
    test
  7. Brownstar

Brownstar Davadrian

haha yeah, i know how that is.. it creeps up on me real fast. I'd be making a beat and thinking it's the best beat i've ever made, and then like within the span of a minute i'd think it's whack and boring.. and i'd end up trashing it right after i do a mixdown for the idea vault... most of the time i'd agree and think it's whack later, but there are sometimes when i listen to an idea i thought was whack weeks later and think it was actually really good..
    test
  8. Mr. sickVisionz

Mr. sickVisionz The Gentleman's Producer

When you're making a beat, you get totally into it 100%. Just being into the creative process can taint your ears kinda. When you come back a little bit later and play it, some beats still sound hot and some beats sound like, "what the hell was I thinking?" But if you keep making beats, evollve, practice and improve this shit'll happen way way way less... like one out of every 25+
    test
  9. Dskillz

I dont make beats in my head... i make it as i go along....i never understood that.

Im the same way with drawing..i dont draw whats in my head..i start making shapes..then i "see" it from there...
    test
  10. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

i wish more of these niggaz thought like you
    test
  11. Dskillz

^ Einstein was good for it.
    test
  12. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

i was speakin on the subject at hand....unless eistein made beats
    test
  13. Dskillz

Thats what i meant, Einstein didnt have to "see" his theory in his mind... he participated in a type of new thought.

Where his subconcious mind gave him the answers to his math problems..and once he had a lead..he would do the math from there on paper.

He didnt need to spend hours thinking about it... he worked his way through it.

Im the same way..I dont sit and think about which progression imma play.

I play through scales and chords..then i hear something i like..and record it.

After that..its a puzzle..i just keep playing.

I dont..stop and sit and think about how many laps around the moon its gonna take before i get this chord progression to invert with my violin layer.
    test
  14. M1 Productions

M1 Productions jetlaggin

test
  15. P R I M O

I always hear the drum pattern and the bassline first

the only time I hear a melody is when I'm makin some R & B shit... then i'll hear tinkerbells, butterflies, flowers, mermaids, unicorns n shit
    test
  16. M1 Productions

M1 Productions jetlaggin

^I needa 8th of what you on
    test
  17. Dskillz

ROFL - dead-

lol @ m1 random shots at me... w/e
    test
  18. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

That's one reason I HATE making beats when people who aren't producers are around, especially certain rappers.

Sometimes, whether it's for confidence or just for "warming up", I'll be workin on a beat and not really listenin to the overall package and judging it, but just trying to create it and get whatever my vision is out...but some people, especially certain rappers, are like "man that's wack!" or "I ain't feelin it" and I'm not even doin the beat for them. Every once in a while, I'll change it and they'll say "damn....I didn't know where you were goin with it...that's hot" but usually, if it's wack or even average, I'll realize it in time to where it doesn't matter.

To me, I tend to "warm up" sometimes just by making whatever comes out when I first sit down, and I just gotta get somethin out just to "stretch" as I would in basketball.
    test
  19. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Hmm...I'm usually like that, but it just depends on the beat. There are a few beats where I came up with part of the concept before I was even in the studio, and sometimes I'll have a skeleton vision of a track, such as the overall mood to it or a drum pattern.

But I NEVER can think of a beat in my head and then play it out the way I want it to sound...I've tried 100s of times and it NEVER works. The beat never ever turns out as it sounds in my head, mainly because I'll think of it hours before I'm in the studio, and because I'll hear them through instruments in my head that I might not even have on my keyboard.
    test
  20. The Militant

The Militant New Member

sorry bruv but youre 100% wrong on that man no offense

einstein was famous for thinking in his mind (as opposed to on paper) he actually pioneered what he called 'thought experiments' lol youre so fucking wrong boy hahaha

"Einstein showed a great intuitive capacity to discern physical laws, a power of concentration that enabled him to shut himself off whenever he needed, an unusual sharpness in thinking up "mental experiments", and above all a broad and up-to-date knowledge of the science of his time."

his whole shit was that he could use mental ideas to test other things. like i could say 'hmmm that kick sounded rubbish on neptunes beats with synth basses, therefore if i have a synth bass that same kick is gonna sound shit on my beat too.'

youre saying the complete opposite. you cant project a thought through a medium. like you got no imagination or something. i aint trying to be rude but the power to talk and imagine are the two things that seperate us from neanderthals.

thats like saying, every beat i ever made is just a compilation of 400guesses.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.