you ever lose 89% of your samples, beats, pt sessions logic sessions disapeer

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Drschmalzy, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

shit happens.

but if ya'll REALLY wanna ensure you NEVER lose anything, use RAID 0+1 or RAID5 or something. you'll never lose a thing, and you'll never experience downtime. that's real.
    test
  2. Ev-G (Producer)

Ev-G (Producer) New Member

Wow that is really bad.I should get some external hard drive to copy my stuff there
    test
  3. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

creating and building your catalog is just as important as knowing how to backup/store it. get yourself a 1tb and store your tracks/trackouts/sound catalog then put those on a dvd.
    test
  4. Drschmalzy

Drschmalzy Active Member

I know^... its just when your so busy and you plan on doing something and it don't happen right away you know what im talkin about... I knew I should of never transfered my shit to a shitty ass maxtor external... fuckin dumb... I planned on gettin bigger internal and better external but you know how that is....

thanks tho... definetly gettin a terabyte external...
    test
  5. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

use dropbox
    test
  6. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

great service providing you have the space to store everything. You can get up to 100 GB Im not sure if thats enough for some. Plus who wants to pay $200 a year to do so lol
    test
  7. Ev-G (Producer)

Ev-G (Producer) New Member

I'm gonna check out that dropbox thing
    test
  8. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

$200 a year isn't a lot imo if it'll save you the hassle of all of this.
    test
  9. Drschmalzy

Drschmalzy Active Member

Mos def^

but for me that shit aint gonna help when I have well over 500 gb of shit... prob closer to a terabyte total... shit sucks man...back up everything you have on dvds if you can... save this trouble shit from happening to yall learn from my mistake it sucks...
    test
  10. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

which is why i made the comment i made before. to me $200 would be better spent maybe on another back up hard drive to back up the backup or dvds ect. Ive heard of cats even backing up stuff to their own FTP space. I think that would better than using dropbox for this instance. I do use dropbox to send songs and beats back and forth to rappers
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.