you ever lose 89% of your samples, beats, pt sessions logic sessions disapeer

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Drschmalzy, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drschmalzy

Drschmalzy Active Member

fuck i went to school for this shit and I transfered all my files to this maxtor portable hardrive and i was tellin myself I gotta transfer files else where just in case but i'm grindin too hard and shit just happened today...

the fuck i do ... i'm just ventin its like year and half work gone... ups and downs... it is what it is...

this thread is depressin
    test
  2. ~G.I~

~G.I~ Mastering Engineer/Mod

lol i feel you, but just like you, i only have it backed up on an external harddrive, nothing else.

I'm a bit too lazy to copy 450GB of sessions and data to an online server or another harddrive
    test
  3. HYPNOTIK

HYPNOTIK Fully Loaded

omfg yes.

in 2004 or some shit I lost 80 gigs of some beats, samples, etc...

dramatic.
    test
  4. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

i have a maxtor myself which means everything is getting backed up now. sorry about that news fam
    test
  5. Concero

Concero ...sol

Well that sucks, but it may not be the end for you. One thing you can do is find a local computer shop or freelance person who does Data Recovery. They may be able to get your stuff back. If that doesn't work you can try a company called Drive Savers. They are expensive as hell but they will get your shit back. 800-440-1904 is their #. Good luck man.

Worst case scenerio u can ship it to me and I can try to get your stuff back. I fix computers for a living so depending on how bad that drive is, I may be able to get your stuff back too. i have gone through the same thing so I feel u.
    test
  6. sdizzle

sdizzle sexy beat maker

ive lost all my shit... TWICE....
    test
  7. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

its happend to me twice it was not a pleasant experience
    test
  8. Sho-Down

Sho-Down RockItPro.com

how do yall get burnt twice? lol "Fool me once, shame on you, fool we twice...I cant get fooled again" - G.W. Bush

haha

Worst thing I've had happen is spending hours on a crazy beat and then try to open it the next day and the file is corrupt. Fucking fl studio man
    test
  9. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

This happened to me 3 times in the past year...its the reason why i havent made beats in the past 5 months.
    test
  10. sdizzle

sdizzle sexy beat maker

first time was my fault - i had everything only on my external HD and i plugged the wrong ac plug into the back of it and it started to actually smoke

second time i didnt have an external HD and my computer crashed
    test
  11. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

1st time my laptop hard drive just went on me. It was random because it was a brand new hard drive. 2nd time my external died on me and I was reformatting my machine.
    test
  12. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

damn man. thats not ok. And when r u gonan give me my rematch in NBA 2k. I see u on live all the time and when I send the challenge u dont hit me back lol
    test
  13. TrackMakerz

TrackMakerz TrackMakerz

No never had that problem to be honest!
    test
  14. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

More then likely if you see my xbox on 2k on live...its not me...
    test
  15. Drschmalzy

Drschmalzy Active Member

I know... I was talkin to my engineer and he know everything about anything... he said I should be able to get it all back... I've been wantin to back up my shit for the longest time but like dude said when you got 500 gb of shit it takes a min to transfer... this shit will never happen again... I'm stackin up my internal harddrive fuckin gettin a rugged motherfuckin external drive... its all talk this shit probably will happen again... fuck i don't even wanna go home and see my computer with my turn tables and keyboard and mic its depressin... most dudes around my area want the whole track layout i can't even do that now they gonna think I didn't even make the damn beat fuck... shits beyond wack... i can't even sleep at night tossin and turnin thinkin about my beats :) i'm glad yall weren't like fuck you ur stupid for not backin up... I feel better now... not the only person
    test
  16. K_City

K_City K-City da Hustla

If you guys are on PC's I can help you prevent losing work.
    For example, if you have a 500GB hard drive disk partition it accordingly:

500GB = approximately 476GB
    -C: (Windows OS) (50GB) (I never install anything on this partition)
    -D: (Programs) (100GB) (FL Studio, Pro Tools, etc.)
    -E: (Vsti's) (50GB) (Nexus, NI Komplete 6) (Note DON'T install Soundbanks here)
    -F: (Sound Library) (200GB) (Drums, Samples Chops, etc.)
    -G: (Sessions) (76GB) (FL Studio-.flp files, Pro Tools-.pts files)

- When my Sessions folder fills up I move them to an external hard drive. Then from Hard Drive to DVD. If you get hit with an virus, delete your C drive partition and re-install your OS. All your other partitions will still be there as long as you don't delete them or re-format them.

-This is how I have my computer setup every since I purchased it (June of 2009). Haven't had a virus or lost any data, before then I lost everything from 2005-2007 (during my beginning stage lol)
    test
  17. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

after a virus, i wiped my pc clean

both back up drives died on me before i could get them into the pc again

i lost every beat id ever made pretty much

this was innnnnnnnnnn august? i think

made about 400 beats since then
    test
  18. Drschmalzy

Drschmalzy Active Member

I unfortunately have a mac...
    I know how to partition shit on a mac but i never did it...

damn^ i feel ur pain thats crazy... i just made a beat motivation from losin all my shit made me realize I can't quit yet...
    test
  19. Hitman J

Hitman J lets get get get it....

man first starting i lost some shit from cpu hard drives gettin viruses or fuckin up and shit but then i starting keeping it in atleast 2 places at once.. with an external.. so if both of them fucked up id be screwed but itd have to be at the exact same time or id always have one on deck
    test
  20. Drschmalzy

Drschmalzy Active Member

thats exactly what I wanted to do and planned... didn't plan it quick enough...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.