you couldnt stop sinning if u wanted to..

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Because they were enticed by the idea 'they would be like God'
    Not that ' they would know right from wrong'
    When in fact they already were ' like god' because they were made from him
    They had a personal relationship with him. Walked with him. That was the only thing besides multiply and keep upbthe Garden they were asked to do. The issue is disobediance wether they knew right from wrong or not. They were told not to touch it.
    test
  2. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

do you think you can separate loyalty from morality?
    test
  3. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

I'm glad someone gets it. There is simply no defense in what god perpetrated on Adam and Eve. Just defending it makes me question the morality to the one defending it. So what you're saying is you're going to beat the hell out of your mentally handicapped child because he/she doesn't know better? What? That's cruel and wrong? Well why can god do it? Rules for god being different double standard is the weakest of all theist apologetics.
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

That was the only vommand they did not follow. So your telling me they knew to follow Gods direction im one thing but not the other. Wether they knew right from wrong or not they knew to obey God or they wouldnt have been hesitant when satan girst presented the idea, there wws apprehention there. That implies they knew what not to do.
    test
  5. reggie jax

they were initially inclined to follow his command not to eat the fruit lest they should die until the serpent persuaded them that this was not so, and that the fruit would give them knowledge instead. they were inclined to follow god's word initially but there's no indication that they did so out of sheer obedience or loyalty, or that they understood why they should swear obedience to him. the reason he gives them is that they will die, which doesn't require any moral understanding. though i suspect we've reached our usual dead end in this discussion where neither of us will be swayed.

taking a few steps backwards, i'd like to ask you: what do you think was the significance of eating the fruit? i.e. how did taking that bite change man in gen 3:6-7?
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

thats fine

im just saying i know that i like to be happy without anybody telling me

im not a robot
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

It changed them by switching their aligiance. By disobeying God, and obeying satan man handed over dominion that man was given over to satan. 'They died' spiritually, rather than physically. They sinned against God, which made it nessicary for God to have to be seperated from man, which is why things are like they are.
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

the answer is yes i could

and so could you

/end thread
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

Lol. Try it for one day.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

The answer seems to be yall trying to relieve responsibility for thing u do thats wrong
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

its like you think humans are retards

Its easy as fuck to not sin

jesus...

you guys act like its some crazy ass puzzle nobody has solved.

well for you information TONS of people live daily without sinning

sheltered world you live in

i know people who dont sin. Remember you said its only a sin if you act on it....
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

Id be impressed if you could actually go a day without sinning. But im talking everything, cussing, selfishness, pride, anger, worry, lying, vheating, stealing, gossiping, half the things we do on a regular basis we dont like to recognize is sin. But try it and report back to us
    test
  13. reggie jax

why does it say their eyes were opened and they noticed they were naked?

i have no need to try to shift any blame - i am not at all ashamed of my own human nature. i just think the garden story is rather peculiar.

if anything, suggesting that i couldn't stop sinning if i wanted to would be all i needed to justify sinning to myself, if sin was actually a concept i believed in.
    test
  14. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i feel that god disowning adam and eve for falling to peer pressure is way to severe a crime. i mean this is the first time they ever disobeyed and they neither understand the concept of good and evil or have experienced a consequence.

i mean damn has there ever been somebody that learned anything without messing up first? i dont mean to sound like Nightmare but god is a fucked up concept when u actually read the bible.
    test
  15. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

When Jesus stood up, He said to her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" "No one, Lord," she answered. "Neither do I condemn you," said Jesus. "Go, and from now on do not sin anymore."
    (Joh 8:10-11 HCSB)

Why directly command this woman not to commit anymore sins if she is not capable of doing so?
    test
  16. TheBigPayback

Because they were robed with the light of holiness and glory of God. And when they did that they were no longer holy the light robe vanished. They were naked.
    test
  17. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

again....

easy shmeasy

i think somewhere youre misunderstanding something cuz to me it seems so silly that you think humans cant stop sinning.

worry is a sin? never heard that ever. Ive heard its not good to worry, but having it be a sin? rediculous.

it seemed first to be about the commandments, and moral sins, now your definition of sin is expanding to align with the point youre trying to make.

Its only a sin if you act on it. You said it.

My world is awesome, join it, theres TONS of non-sinners, positive things, happiness, love....
    test
  18. reggie jax

are you sure about that....?

pay attention to the text in red. it seems like you're doing some pretty fancy footwork to dance around the fact that biting the apple gave them knowledge of good and evil (i.e. right from wrong).
    test
  19. TheBigPayback

Im not denying that it did. Notice he tempts them with the same thing he was kicked out of heaven for. That they would be like God.
    test
  20. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

its absolutely rediculous that you dont give enough credit to mankind....

quit living in fear. Open your eyes.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.