you couldnt stop sinning if u wanted to..

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

im sure there are monks, yogis, swamis, and priests all over the world who go through life without thinking of doing anything sinful.

thoughts are pretty much controllable.

and if christians think they arent. I garauntee you EVERY SINGLE christian will go to hell then for sinning constantly. Just cuz they thought something. That sounds retarded to me... but hey we dont make the rules lol
    test
  2. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

With conscience is about the same as with friends. It's better that we don't have them than to have bad ones. And it's better not to have one, rather than have a bad (guilty) one. Yes, conscience!

Even upbringing already takes most people in a disgusting, morbid and pathetic world of conscience. Society then just picks up the baton. A whole range of mechanisms in our relationship with ourselves, and also with others works on the principle of conscience. Many people have to reach a certain age, before they find out, that they've been deceived, manipulated and devoutly god-fearing. All that for nothing. Yet the system shifts this to it's advantage.

For example, there are people, who'll be petrified, if they run into the police whilst driving ~ of course, not those individuals, who drive without a valid license, are carrying drugs or a dead body. Usually the petrified ones have made ​​only two traffic offenses in their whole life. Both parking ones. Once their parking time has expired, the second time they had to push their broken car on the reserved space for the disabled.

Manipulating system of guilty conscience doesn't however work on a minority of big sinners. They are completely immune to it. It works on mostly god-fearing sheep.

I won't finish in terms of: "Say goodbye to conscience," but I would like to end this with one simple fact ~ laws are written by others, morality, on the other hand, you can be set yourself. One shouldn't be forced to comfort to the loudest, most powerful or popular, the most overzealous religious moral mechanisms of "sinning".
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I still think your thoughts are controllable
    test
  4. JASON ANTHONY

JASON ANTHONY White Devil

Why go against our nature?

Seems like God created us just to entertain himself.
    test
  5. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

i've never heard of a monk or priest who themselves claimed to be this perfect. if i did i would doubt their honesty.

thoughts are not entirely controllable. you might stop yourself from expanding on lustful thoughts towards a woman but i can't imagine that you actually have control of initially noticing her as sexy.

christians believe that the key to heaven is through faith in god rather than a life free of sin. i think this is why they have such an extensive concept of sin; to justify faith in christ as the only way in.
    test
  6. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

best post so far :funny:
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

isnt attraction an emotion caused by a chemical mix that happens in the brain?

If god says emotions are sins then hes a goddamn commie
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Thoughts are like this

You cant keep a bird from flying over your head but you can certainly keep the from building a nest in your hair

So u cant stop a thought from coming but you can decide wether to accept a thought or reject it. And you accept it by further dwelling on it. But ur only judged on sin u act on.
    test
  9. reggie jax

yea, but i hold the viewpoint that its all part of the same process. any thought is just neurons firing electric pulses in the brain. we think we are in control of our minds because we can make our conscious mind say or do certain things, but the majority of the chemical and electrical framework on which our conscious thoughts are built are completely out of our control and operate automatically.

so when you see a sexy girl and get a kick, that's natural and out of your control. when you start imagining undressing her, that's natural and in your control. but i don't see how one is supposed to be more depraved than the other when the latter follows logically from the former.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

test
  11. reggie jax

so then how can you really think people deserve to be condemned for their sins? i dont wanna start an endless bickering back and forth... but i really feel like there's no good way to reconcile these 4 beliefs:

god's omnipotence and righteousness
    man's inherently sinful nature
    man's free will
    man's salvation through christ alone
    test
  12. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Ok perfect

in that case

i personally garauntee you there are millions and millions who live without sin.
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah i agree here too. But i do think in general what you think about all day is controllable, and i was only arguing it because i KNEW that BigPaybacks response was gonna be you only get judged by what you act on...

and that makes my point and helps my position on the matter

if you only get judged on what you act on. Then MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS live without sin and its a fairly easy thing to do.
    test
  14. reggie jax

you think there are millions of people who have never lied, coveted, etc?
    test
  15. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yep i do

and i think i could do it no problem from here on out if i wanted to.

he said youre only judged if you act on it...
    test
  16. reggie jax

yea, those are both acts featured in the 10 commandments. i really doubt there's anyone who lives their whole life without breaking at least 1 commandment.
    test
  17. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well if youre only judged by acting on them then im really sure there is tons of people who live without sinning.
    test
  18. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i can't speak for christianity.

but in islam, the prophet said to plan a transgression is not a sin, acting on it is.

with the same hand, planning a good deed is considered a good deed.

mankind sins, it's in our nature to sin, the idea is to control the quantity to minimum.

:numaan:
    test
  19. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

1. there is none like god, but what if you don't believe in a god?

2. our sinful nature has been addressed at the very beginning of creation, when the angels asked god "why will you create a vicegerent on earth who will shed blood and cause mischeif" to which god replied "i know that which you know not". the trick is to ask for forgiveness, and try your very best to not commit the transgression again.

3. god has given us the ink, it's up to us to write our destiny with it.

4. through christ alone? doubt it. but i won't throw away the baby with the water.

because this baby could speak at birth. zing.

:numaan:
    test
  20. reggie jax

my issue is that people say man is accountable for his sins cause he has free will, and then turn around and say that human nature is inherently sinful. if human nature is sinful then it's as if we've been set up to fail, which isnt an impossibility in and of itself but if our creator is omnipotent and righteous than this can't possibly be true.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.